Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:57:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Final [BOOLBERRY] Rebrand Vote - Boolberry Confirmed as Brand!  (Read 3461 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:29:29 PM

iCoin - awesome but now abandoned brand.

It already exist, but the devs have abandoned it, so the community would welcome a take-over of the brand, if a suitable solution to exchanging the old iCoins to new ones is found. Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygdXrS4XoWQ
https://www.facebook.com/geticoin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=407866
http://web.archive.org/web/20140208041226/http://icoin.pw/
http://web.archive.org/web/20140321212332/http://geticoin.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 07:19:47 PM

Boolberry
RUNE
Aureum

Boolberry - http://boolberry.blue - Option A

Thanks!

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
onemorebtc

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:32:17 PM

2b BBR

transfer 3 onemorebtc.k1024.de 1
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:43:58 PM

Boolberry, A
Framewood

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:37:25 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM by Framewood

Boolberry, A

Edit: added A
NxtSwag

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:17:19 PM

Boolberry please

TD367D-V7SCYE-WZHX66-IYAUMN-7PSUKE-NDHWNB-NDXU
robinwilliams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Boolberry / BBR
SlyWax

Activity: 248
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:58:32 PM

2B
TreasureSeeker

Activity: 455
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 12:57:44 AM

2A Boolberry

Fun & Friendly p2pool Mining at TreasureQuarry.  Litecoin http://litecoin.treasurequarry.com:9327 Dash p2pool  http://dash.treasurequarry.com:7903
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:31:37 AM

I'd go with Aureum, and not because I particularly like the name. Just because I think Boolberry is one of the most ridiculous sounding names for any crypto out there.

I also question whether polls like this even make sense really. Those who own BBR and are interested in the coin are probably the only ones voting to begin with. You are basically holding an insular vote amongst a very niche group of people, where this group already owns the coin. Those you would want to vote are those who have dismissed Boolberry, either due to the name or some or factor. Which of course would be basically impossible, and is why most devs just come up with a decent name from the beginning and go with that ... not all of this endless contest/voting stuff.

sgi02

Activity: 542

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:52:31 AM

When I first heard the name BoolBerry, I thought it was terrible. Also, when I first heard of Bitcoin I thought the exact same thing...

I never thought I would use the word 'Bitcoin' in a conversation, and now it happens on a fairly frequent basis. In regards to BoolBerry, it just sounds so damn ridiculous when you say it out loud, but it really does roll of the tongue nicely. I cant say that its the best name in the world, but I think its significantly better than the other name being considered. Additionally the ticker BBR, just clicks for me.

Worry about rebranding if / when all crypto becomes mainstream. Keep making the coin better and everything else will fall into place.
windjc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 02:47:27 AM

I'd go with Aureum, and not because I particularly like the name. Just because I think Boolberry is one of the most ridiculous sounding names for any crypto out there.

I also question whether polls like this even make sense really. Those who own BBR and are interested in the coin are probably the only ones voting to begin with. You are basically holding an insular vote amongst a very niche group of people, where this group already owns the coin. Those you would want to vote are those who have dismissed Boolberry, either due to the name or some or factor. Which of course would be basically impossible, and is why most devs just come up with a decent name from the beginning and go with that ... not all of this endless contest/voting stuff.

I disagree in prinicipal. No one is dismissing BoolBerry because of its name. If they dismiss it because of the name, they are actually just ignorant of the tech, the skill of the developer and the direction of the development and community. We are in the infant stages of BBR, so the name can be debated and changed without repercussions.

Now, we as crypto enthusiasts live a bubble to a great extent and its easy to think the every day or event or vote or delay or development is make or break, to the moon or bust.

But it's really not.

However, this is the time to have these types of discussions and debates. So that we can reinforce our community focus starting with the brand itself.

BBR has done ZERO marketing since its inception. This is all about to change.

CZ has been the ONLY core developer since its inception. This is about to change.

BBR has done no fundraising since its inception. This is about to change.

So we are literally just staring at an infant, newly born.  

So its not the brand so much as how the brand is marketed and presented to the public. The naming is a way for the community to have their voices heard. And this is important practice, because moving forward the community is going to be asked to be a lot more vocal in determining the direction of BBR - or whichever name wins the vote.
crypto_zoidberg

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 07:13:54 AM

my vote:

doubleredrolex

Activity: 211

I Believe

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:19:22 AM

I vote to keep the Boolberry BBR name.
tljenson

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:04:12 AM

I disagree in prinicipal. No one is dismissing BoolBerry because of its name. If they dismiss it because of the name, they are actually just ignorant of the tech, the skill of the developer and the direction of the development and community. We are in the infant stages of BBR, so the name can be debated and changed without repercussions.

Now, we as crypto enthusiasts live a bubble to a great extent and its easy to think the every day or event or vote or delay or development is make or break, to the moon or bust.

But it's really not.

However, this is the time to have these types of discussions and debates. So that we can reinforce our community focus starting with the brand itself.

BBR has done ZERO marketing since its inception. This is all about to change.

CZ has been the ONLY core developer since its inception. This is about to change.

BBR has done no fundraising since its inception. This is about to change.

So we are literally just staring at an infant, newly born.  

So its not the brand so much as how the brand is marketed and presented to the public. The naming is a way for the community to have their voices heard. And this is important practice, because moving forward the community is going to be asked to be a lot more vocal in determining the direction of BBR - or whichever name wins the vote.

Well said, so many people jumping the gun. There saying the same thing about bitcoin now, some people have a real problem looking at things long term.
carlb007

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 09:49:30 AM

I think sticking with Boolberry but putting more focus on BBR is the best option here.

Too many people have fallen in love with the current name, but too many newcomers dismiss the coin based on its name alone - ive lost count of the number of times ive seen people "lolling" at BBR because of its branding in that hell hole that is poloniex troll box. I really dont see how that can be ignored.

Modifying the brand to simply state bbr instead of boolberry next to the current logo would be straight forward to do. Id keep everything else the same including domain name etc, just take the focus off boolberry where-ever the brand is most visible, we all usually type the name as BBR anyway.

ASICHEAD

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:11:37 AM

My previous vote was Rune , but now 2B  Smiley

▄███▄
███████▄
██████▀██▄
█████▄  ▀██▄
████▀  ▄  ▀██▄
███▄ ▄██▀   ▀
██████▀  ▄█▄
███████▄█████▄
███████████████▄
████████████████▀
█████████▀
███████▀
 ▀███▀
Safein     
.M A K E   I S I M P L E.
A   R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   W A Y   T O   P A Y   O N L I N E
[WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████▀░░░░░▐████
███████████████░░░░░░░▐████
██████████████▌░░░▐████████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░▐█████
▀█████████████▌░░░▐███████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌░░▀▀███▌░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░░░███████
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄░█▀░░░░░░█████████
█████████▌▐░░░░░░░█████████
██████████░▄██▄░░██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
A
▬▬

█▄▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀
██████████████▀▀
██████████▀▀
██████▀▀
█▀▀
.GET IT ON               
Google Play
I-Love-BTCD

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:13:26 AM

2B
BoscoMurray

Activity: 450

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:38:03 AM

2A Boolberry

It's memorable and the branding/logo's already in place for it are strong. If some folks want to complain or laugh at the name, that's only a good thing (especially in this early stage) as it's more advertising for the coin.
Hotmetal

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 12:46:35 PM

2. Boolberry
    A. Keep the name
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: