Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:36:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy and Hold Bitcoin untill next halving time  (Read 9872 times)
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:55:18 AM

It's ok to buy in some bitcoins during the dips. In a few years time, you'll be a proud owner of a high-valued asset that everyone wants to have. Though I think that the next halving wouldn't have a heavy impact on the bitcoin's price, still it's worth noting that 1 year in the cryptoworld feels like a century.

Oh and try to hold some of that coins. You'll never regret it. Smiley
RonPaulBTC

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:45:40 PM

Yes it's good to buy on the dips, but at 1000 700 seemed like a dip... a big one actually. And now we are at 390 or so. Also, when it comes to halving, DOGE halving did nothing, in fact it went down, so im not sure about halving being transaltedo n the price clearly as good.
bababooey

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 12:11:50 AM

I am a newcomer to Bitcoin and I am looking to buy some for online gambling purposes. I am thinking of waiting for it to drop below $300 (I keep seeing this $250 figure being thrown around by the tech analysis types). Thoughts? I suppose there is a risk that it never drops that low and I have to buy in at much higher prices than today.
resya

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:14:35 AM

anyone saying buy right now just wants you to hold their bags so the chinese can dump on you

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:09:56 AM

I will try to hold them but when something come up i need to sell them.

I try hold them as much as I can.
Something? Do you mean fuds causing bitcoin price plummet? Or when you need fiat to pay for, I think you'd better not buy in case losing all your money.

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta
ellen_me

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:41:32 AM

I am just currently getting all the BTC I can have for the moment and wait for the price to get better and better.  Wink

vancsj

Activity: 85

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:50:26 AM

Just as a reminder for every bitcoin holder.

Gresham's Law: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gresham's_law

"Bad money drives out good"

"When a government overvalues one type of money and undervalues another"

The bad drives out the good when:
* People can not easily tell which is good
or
* The government forces people to use the bad one

RIC solo mining with XPT miner @ zjuer.net:10034
Srbotones

Activity: 391

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 08:26:35 AM

or

Exactly.

Governments forces us to use fiat money. The best way, and in my opinion, the only way to replace fiat money is to spend our bitcoins and to produce goods and services with them. Not holding them.

If all the people hold their bitcoins, bitcoin will never win this "battle" against fiat money despite of their superior characteristics
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 08:35:05 AM

or

Exactly.

Governments forces us to use fiat money. The best way, and in my opinion, the only way to replace fiat money is to spend our bitcoins and to produce goods and services with them. Not holding them.

If all the people hold their bitcoins, bitcoin will never win this "battle" against fiat money despite of their superior characteristics

Buf if you cannot mining btc directly you must ( obligated ) buy btc with the FIAT money  Grin .
Srbotones

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:40:29 AM

or

Exactly.

Buf if you cannot mining btc directly you must ( obligated ) buy btc with the FIAT money  Grin .

Or you can do some kind of work/activity in wich you want to be paid in Bitcoins.

vancsj

Activity: 85

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:54:22 AM

Exactly.

Yes, and we need to distribute bitcoin to more people:)

RIC solo mining with XPT miner @ zjuer.net:10034
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:24:30 PM

We cannot just sit and wait for the next halving time. Bitcoin price is not going rocket just because block reward is halved. We need to maintain a lively bitcoin ecosystem and make bitcoin more desirable for consumers.
pitaluga

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:57:40 PM

We cannot just sit and wait for the next halving time. Bitcoin price is not going rocket just because block reward is halved. We need to maintain a lively bitcoin ecosystem and make bitcoin more desirable for consumers.

i think it will happen naturaly, with so many people buying and holding bitcoins, when the companies realize this huge amount of money stoked with bitcoin users, there will be a "bitcoin rush" (like gold rush) to convince the users to espend this money with their goods.
Srbotones

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:10:53 PM

i think it will happen naturaly, with so many people buying and holding bitcoins, when the companies realize this huge amount of money stoked with bitcoin users, there will be a "bitcoin rush" (like gold rush) to convince the users to espend this money with their goods.

I don't think it will happen naturaly. It will happen "naturaly" if Bitcoin econmy works well, if people consume goods and services and if people work more and more with Bitcoin.

If you just sit and wait, the "utility value" of a Bitcoin is equal to 0, you have to use it and work with them
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:03:58 PM

Yes it's good to buy on the dips, but at 1000 700 seemed like a dip... a big one actually. And now we are at 390 or so. Also, when it comes to halving, DOGE halving did nothing, in fact it went down, so im not sure about halving being transaltedo n the price clearly as good.

Doge was at 25 satoshi and it went up over 100 satoshi knowing halving was imminent. Investors do not wait to the actual halving then invest, they invest beforehand.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

My Name Was Taken

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:22:55 PM

Doge was at 25 satoshi and it went up over 100 satoshi knowing halving was imminent. Investors do not wait to the actual halving then invest, they invest beforehand.

Did doge rise so dramatically because of the upcoming halving? I kinda assumed it was linked to pegging their network to litecoin. Now miners working on LTC earn DOGE as well, and when that happened it seemed to coincide with that change.

Anyone know if these things are related?
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:20:51 AM

I think it will be interesting if as expected btc inflation falls below G7 inflation rates for the first time
I am a long term investor, so happy to wait and watch it all play out

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:07:26 AM

Doge is not really comparable to bitcoin.

First of all the halving time is much different, bitcoin halves in like every couple of years whole dog halves much faster, and secondly doge has an infinite supply of coins.

And doge is a meme and will probably never be taken serious by the real world business because of this. Even bitcoin has it difficult being taken serious, although it's getting there. But doge has little change of ever being taken serious. And like all memes, doge will eventually die out.
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:50:51 AM

If you think it's close to panic now - just imagine the panic when we get to the halving and the price doesn't go up.

The best estimate for halving imo is bitcoinclock.com  , which currently has it taking place on 2/8/2016, roughly 1yr and ten months now.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:57:01 PM

The halving is not relevant for the value (only the urge for people to hold bitcoins as their cash balance). Just get in.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: