Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:27:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Circle Opens Doors to Global Audience  (Read 4419 times)
ask (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:31:26 PM

For all bears, this is something new for you:

https://www.circle.com/ja/2014/09/29/circle-opens-doors-global-audience
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 12:48:04 PM

I quickly read the info about them and their about section but I still don't know what the hell are they trying to achieve and why does it matter. Can anyone explain?

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:50:05 PM

I quickly read the info about them and their about section but I still don't know what the hell are they trying to achieve and why does it matter. Can anyone explain?

Same question.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:52:48 PM

They're making it a whole load more painless for an average personage to buy and own BTC.
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:55:45 PM

A clone of Coinbase ?
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 12:56:27 PM

They're making it a whole load more painless for an average personage to buy and own BTC.

What's so new about that? It is already as painless as it could be. Just transfer your fiat to an exchange, use bitcoin atm or find someone from localbitcoins.

intighet

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

mene mene tekel upharsin

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:58:47 PM

What's so new about that? It is already as painless as it could be. Just transfer your fiat to an exchange, use bitcoin atm or find someone from localbitcoins.

I think you may be overestimating the motivation of the average person Tongue

Malus pro bono surrepat, et bonus pro malo displiceat; fallaces enim sunt rerum species, quibus credidimus.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 5043

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:02:07 PM

I'm sure that panic buying will ensue because of this announcement.... right ghuyz?  Right?  Any minute now...
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:07:25 PM

I'm sure that panic buying will ensue because of this announcement.... right ghuyz?  Right?  Any minute now...

If PayPal couldn't move the price then i doubt circle will do... The site looks great though...
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:11:28 PM

Painless?

Getting verified at an exchange is not exactly what I would call painless.

It is a lengthy process that requires much more information than an average user is willing to give up.

With Circle I can register and purchases instantly with a CC, all within a matter of minutes.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:13:09 PM

They're trying to pump and dump. It's kinda sad it'll fail.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:15:16 PM

Payday tomorrow. Will give this a go with a small part of it.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:15:43 PM

They're trying to pump and dump. It's kinda sad it'll fail.

Now, now, stick to the doom mongering about the price - you don't fare well on other subjects.
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 01:16:19 PM

Painless?

It is a lengthy process that requires much more information than an average user is willing to give up.

With Circle I can register and purchases instantly with a CC, all within a matter of minutes.

You don't need Circle for that! What the hell. All the verification trouble is because of LAWS not because lack of painless service. We need laws to change. Circle is nothing new. If they didn't put me in jail I'd be selling bitcoins as commodity myself over the iPizza protocol as if I operated just another online shop. However, I cannot do this because police will immediately fuck me up for that. How can Circle get past police and I don't? Does not compute.

exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:16:43 PM

Every big Wall Street player is lining up in this very moment. We'll have 10k prices in a matter of days.  Cheesy
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:21:29 PM

Painless?

You don't need Circle for that! What the hell. All the verification trouble is because of LAWS not because lack of painless service. We need laws to change. Circle is nothing new. If they didn't put me in jail I'd be selling bitcoins as commodity myself over the iPizza protocol as if I operated just another online shop. However, I cannot do this because police will immediately fuck me up for that. How can Circle get past police and I don't? Does not compute.

Yes, yes. We very much need Circle for mainstream, non-technically inclined people to use Bitcoin. Before Circle there were no such service. Stop thinking the universe revolves around you.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 01:31:32 PM

Yes, yes. We very much need Circle for mainstream, non-technically inclined people to use Bitcoin. Before Circle there were no such service. Stop thinking the universe revolves around you.

I don't think my self-importance has anything to do with it. I just brought myself as a hypothetical example. If paypal accepts bitcoin they can as well as sell bitcoins themselves. I still don't see what Circle has to offer that other could not. Think of it, if Circle could do it, exchanges could also do it. So I could go to BitStamp and just directly buy bitcoins from the order book without having to register a Bitstamp account. If every exchange implemented such simplicity for buying bitcoins then Circle would be pointless. Now the question is --- why don't other exchanges implement it? Every exchange could be an alternative to Circle.

edit:
btw your claim is wrong. There was a place btc-dealer.com which allowed instantly buying bitcoins with a credit card.

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:32:07 PM

Just noticed their ToS says it's americans only. Oops. Hopefully they get little things like that fixed soonish.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:34:33 PM

Everyone who bought today will probably be in a a loss tomorrow. Great advertising.  Cheesy

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:38:38 PM

Just noticed their ToS says it's americans only. Oops. Hopefully they get little things like that fixed soonish.

I used it from the UK today, other eu countries also work. It was a pretty slick interface. Not sure about cc fees though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: