Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:59:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Circle Opens Doors to Global Audience  (Read 4419 times)
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:00:30 PM

Can't link my danish bank account or plastic. Bummer.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:15:26 PM

Circle is great, and buying BTC with a credit card is 100 times easier and less of a pain in the fucking ass for the average person to buy BTC.

But still, regarding the price. If PayPal pump failed miserably, why do you think this will be any different?
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:18:41 PM

Muggle adoption is not an instant pump, it's a long term pump and support. Patience.

brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:23:13 PM

Yes, yes. We very much need Circle for mainstream, non-technically inclined people to use Bitcoin. Before Circle there were no such service. Stop thinking the universe revolves around you.

I don't think my self-importance has anything to do with it. I just brought myself as a hypothetical example. If paypal accepts bitcoin they can as well as sell bitcoins themselves. I still don't see what Circle has to offer that other could not. Think of it, if Circle could do it, exchanges could also do it. So I could go to BitStamp and just directly buy bitcoins from the order book without having to register a Bitstamp account. If every exchange implemented such simplicity for buying bitcoins then Circle would be pointless. Now the question is --- why don't other exchanges implement it? Every exchange could be an alternative to Circle.

edit:
btw your claim is wrong. There was a place btc-dealer.com which allowed instantly buying bitcoins with a credit card.

Yes you are right. Everyone and their mother could offer that service if they had dozens of millions of venture capital behind them, a team of experienced entrepreneurs, compliance officers and expensive lawyers.

But for now, Circle is the only one to offer that service on a global scale, all while insuring 100% of your holdings.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Raystonn

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:34:59 PM

The interesting concept here is the insurance. I don't like their list of disallowed transaction types, some of which are completely legal items. But I don't see how that can be enforced when it's so easy to first pay to some new address, then to the intended recipient. That sounds more like a way to indemnify themselves if someone ever has legal issues.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:55:36 PM

Can't link my danish bank account or plastic. Bummer.
The situation from a danish perspective so far.

Can't link my bank account. CAN link my visa, but the fees are too high to use. About $15 for depositing $500. Anyone know what the fees are like for americans? I assume I am being racisted against as usual, but need confirmation.

Fees aside, it is super fast and easy to buy with plastic. Assume bank transfer is just as easy. Also sent in a bit of coin followed by withdraw to confirm that it works, no problems there. Once they eventually get around to letting me link my bank account, the fees will go away so looking forward to that. Until then, it's easier and cheaper to send my money to Kraken in one lump sum as usual.

The concept works. They just need to finish the international part of it.

Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 02:56:55 PM

This system is just stupid. An average Joe does not need to buy a large amount of bitcoins at once. That activity thus cannot be a possible act of money laundering or terrorism funding. The laws should be changed in a way that anyone can sell bitcoins without any paperwork needed just as if the sold bitcoins were post cards or what ever. It's simply against the common sense to make it possible for only well funded companies with lots of lawyers to sell commodities such as bitcoins. AML and KNC laws should only apply for larger quantities of bitcoins being sold. If I sell 1 bitcoin a day at maximum then why demand complicated paperwork and certificates? The way Circle wants to solve the problem is like fighting with the symptoms and this is definitely not a long term solution because it is ineffective. It generates friction in the form of bureaucracy.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:00:20 PM

Circle is open! Great news! Look at how the market is responding! Rising BTC price!

Right ...?

Wink
FNG

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:02:53 PM

Their going to begin pushing bitcoin pretty hard imo

Here's 1 example

"Student Bitcoiners: Circle, the Boston-based digital currency venture, is looking for campus reps across the country to participate in a social media marketing program this fall!  Each rep will receive a Circle account with $250 in Bitcoin to spend over the course of the semester. Reps are required to post at least five stories about using Circle and Bitcoin to their Facebook accounts (and/or other blogging platforms like Tumblr) and to cross promote these via Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and other social channels.  To apply, send your resume to reps@circle.com click onthis link to be redirected to the brief application."
exocytosis

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:12:23 PM

Each rep will receive a Circle account with $250 in Bitcoin to spend over the course of the semester.

It's worth $250 when they receive it, but how much will it be worth a week later? LOL!  Roll Eyes
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 03:14:54 PM

Each rep will receive a Circle account with $250 in Bitcoin to spend over the course of the semester.

It's worth $250 when they receive it, but how much will it be worth a week later? LOL!  Roll Eyes

Damn, as BTC falls I get more and more the feeling that NuBits is going to replace bitcoin. It is crypto and it is not volatile. If I want out from Bitcoin or some altcoin I'd simply get into nubits rather than USD because I can only hold USD on an exchange but nubits can be held in cold storage. win win

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:19:28 PM

Seems very easy to use. Great piece of bitcoin infrastructure!

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:29:46 PM

Bitcoiners celebrating that can now buy bitcoins with cc (and pay massive fees) is beyond me...
Oblodo

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:44:45 PM

"
Scheduled maintenance

We are currently performing scheduled maintenance. We will be available shortly.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
"

Is what I get when I try to log in again... why would they  do maintenance on a day like this?? Me thinks someone broke the site...
exocytosis

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:49:48 PM

Me thinks someone broke the site...

Yes, it was the evil banksters, the government and the bear whales trying to manipulate the price to buy more cheap coins.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:50:01 PM

Bitcoiners celebrating that can now buy bitcoins with cc (and pay massive fees) is beyond me...
Americans love plastic and suck at math. It will drive adoption up, even if just a little. Circle plus discounts when paying with bitcoin will drive it up more.

No fees at all if you link a bank account, and once that happens I'll be using Kraken a lot less. Probably just for higher volumes.

Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:56:57 PM

Circle is a great product. They really do make it easier, faster, and cheaper to get started with bitcoin.

Hopefully they're able to implement their goal of being fully operational internationally. Services like this really will help unlock bitcoin's potential as core international payments infrastructure, as well as making general consumer adoption easier/nicer

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Oblodo

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:59:47 PM

And its open again.. god sign that it had such a run, that they had problems with servers
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 04:47:20 PM

I'm sure that panic buying will ensue because of this announcement.... right ghuyz?  Right?  Any minute now...

Every big Wall Street player is lining up in this very moment. We'll have 10k prices in a matter of days.  Cheesy

You need to change your username to Butthurt Troll. So negative for no reason.

PS: circle is the easiest bitcoin buying platform I have ever used
Oblodo

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 05:21:31 PM

To the guys not understanding why this is big and good: I have now 10 friends, that got coins from Circle today.. so it has set something in motion.. They are IT ppl, and wanted to buy bitcoin, but the exchanges look shady.. I know they are right, and localbitcoins is not the place to go and try to buy for a novice. Circle is backed by known name institutions, and is not Mt.Gox... I did not want to sell, I want to buy. So now I can sell them more coins than I mine/trade.. so this is good.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: