Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:48:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing in Bitcoin companies?  (Read 2659 times)
NapoleonBonaparte

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:56:32 AM

How can a person go about investing in Coinbase, Circle etc? They are not on the stock market.

Lots of companies to invest in the security section. Just be aware of the risk.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:54:24 PM

The urge to invest in bitcoin companies is the old meme that you don't get rich digging gold, but selling the miners spades.

For bitcoin, this is not correct. Just buy some coins.

Someone have to invest in companies, but it doesn't have to be you.
ticoti

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 10:28:25 PM

actually you can only invest in a startin company,for example I invested in Storj (with a good profit BTW)
you can invest in big companies,but you have to invest a really high amount
santaClause

Activity: 183

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 04:54:21 AM

How can a person go about investing in Coinbase, Circle etc? They are not on the stock market.

The companies/investments listed in the 'securities' section of this forum are almost all scams. I think it would be advisable to stay away. The best place to find investments of this nature would be second market however they require that you have a lot of money ($250k+ per year in income or $1mm+ in assets)
malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:16:27 PM

Also quite a few scams going on though, so def do your research before investing Bitcoin in ANYTHING.

cutesakura

Activity: 158

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:02:33 AM

what kind of company this company bitcoin? if the company is engaged in mining, we could invest our bitcoin to the company, in the hope we will get the advantage of a lot of bitcoin, bitcoin prices currently being experienced ups and downs, so we should be cautious in investing ....  Cool
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:47:32 PM

what kind of company this company bitcoin? if the company is engaged in mining, we could invest our bitcoin to the company, in the hope we will get the advantage of a lot of bitcoin, bitcoin prices currently being experienced ups and downs, so we should be cautious in investing ....  Cool

Not all mining companies mint money. With the fall in bitcoin prices, the profitability of mining companies would also be impacted.
nelruk

Activity: 115
Merit: 11

Bitcoin is revolution

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 06:24:16 PM

Also, there are some companies which are offerring stocks in Coinsortium and they're very easy to take.

Bitcoin is revolution. Visit http://bitcoinlandia.net Smiley my personal blog about bitcoin in spanish
redHeadBlunder

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:36:55 AM

The urge to invest in bitcoin companies is the old meme that you don't get rich digging gold, but selling the miners spades.

I would disagree. Many bitcoin related companies can be successful regardless if bitcoin is successful (or if some other altcoin is successful). They are simply 'investing' in any crypto currency taking off. With bitcoin on the other hand you will only profit if bitcoin is successful
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:40:35 AM

I would disagree. Many bitcoin related companies can be successful regardless if bitcoin is successful (or if some other altcoin is successful). They are simply 'investing' in any crypto currency taking off. With bitcoin on the other hand you will only profit if bitcoin is successful

Bitcoin companies are strongly reliant on the community, the mainstream still sees Bitcoin as a huge risk and fraudulent system, while the exaxt opposite is true, Fiat and the financial system = Fraud. It's our job to get this in the open and to make GOOD bitcoin bussinesses a succes! So yes, it's hugely inmportant to support and invest in bitcoin companies if you have some btc to spare Smiley

redHeadBlunder

Activity: 81

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:06:36 AM

Bitcoin companies are strongly reliant on the community, the mainstream still sees Bitcoin as a huge risk and fraudulent system, while the exaxt opposite is true, Fiat and the financial system = Fraud. It's our job to get this in the open and to make GOOD bitcoin bussinesses a succes! So yes, it's hugely inmportant to support and invest in bitcoin companies if you have some btc to spare Smiley
Most bitcoin related companies do not allow anyone to invest like that. The only real way to invest in any bitcoin related company now is via VC
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:13:49 AM

Most bitcoin related companies do not allow anyone to invest like that. The only real way to invest in any bitcoin related company now is via VC

Dude, read about it, plenty of options to invest but also SUPPORT, support means using or buying shit you support

Bogleg

Activity: 185

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:04:05 AM

Too many frauds relating to bitcoin company also.

There is no way to stop the owner from running away after he raised enough and decided to leave everything behind and enjoy the beach.
Kontridder

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:44:56 AM

If you have a lot of money, contact them directly with a proposal. Anything under $200k they may not listen to you or reply though.

lol..
HELP.org

Activity: 510

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 10:49:41 AM

Many Bitcoiners are involved in fraud (look at this forum) and many Bitcoin businesses are run in an incompetent or fraudulent manner (Mt Gox, CoinLab, Bitfloor, CoinLenders, ...) so I would not make that comparison.   

Certified Bitcoin Professional
Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
tooil

Activity: 181

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:58:24 AM

Many Bitcoiners are involved in fraud (look at this forum) and many Bitcoin businesses are run in an incompetent or fraudulent manner (Mt Gox, CoinLab, Bitfloor, CoinLenders, ...) so I would not make that comparison.   

If the trend and pattern hold, that mean libertarian society and community do not work.
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 11:24:33 AM

Too many frauds relating to bitcoin company also.

There is no way to stop the owner from running away after he raised enough and decided to leave everything behind and enjoy the beach.

Ever seen the real world, all scams!! Pharma, oil, it's al run by psychopats who don't care about anything else then money. Electricity should have been free from the 1920's and the electric car was invented in 1918, with 200 miles on one fucking charge, read and learn.....

HELP.org

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 11:42:35 AM

If the trend and pattern hold, that mean libertarian society and community do not work.

This is not a libertarian society, it is a bunch of goofy teenagers who think they can get away with stuff.  What happens here says nothing one way or another about libertarianism.

Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
GenieBTC

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:25:51 PM

This is not a libertarian society, it is a bunch of goofy teenagers who think they can get away with stuff.  What happens here says nothing one way or another about libertarianism.

So are you saying this one is a scam?
HELP.org

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 03:37:04 PM

So are you saying this one is a scam?

There is some good info here but I would never answer any of the ads or invest in any business recommended by the people who run this site. 

They ran BFL ads for a long time, they collected "donations" that are now worth $millions that is being saved in case they get into legal trouble, and a whole history of other things like this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=115669.0

Then there was inputs.io/coinlenders that was promoted by this site.  This was a wallet service and fake bank that was suddenly "hacked" and most of the funds were lost. 

Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: