Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:27:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The transaction fee is just ridiculous.  (Read 17392 times)
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 12:30:37 PM

I should be utterly worried to hear what you have to say when all the 21 million coins have been mined

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 12:53:40 PM

use Electrum and set zero fees
you risk to lose your bitcoins
You can't lose your coins that way.

shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 03:01:03 PM

When bitcoin price is more expensive, we need some altcoins for trading in smaller values.
Currently bitcoin transaction fee seems cheap because bitcoin price is low.
Imagine bitcoin transaction fee when bitcoin is 10k and above.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4613

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 03:03:56 PM

- snip -
Currently bitcoin transaction fee seems cheap because bitcoin price is low.
Imagine bitcoin transaction fee when bitcoin is 10k and above.

Are you aware that the customary transaction fee has been reduced multiple times in the past as the exchange rate has risen?

Is there some reason that you think the customary transaction fee will never change again for as long as bitcoins continues to exist?  That seems like a rather silly assumption.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 06:21:43 PM

We are FORCED to pay a tax upon every transaction, and they say Bitcoin doesn't have any taxes? That's just pure crap. Taxation is unconstitutional theft via armed extortion. In Bitcoin's case, it's unavoidable, and is without the armed extortion (YOU ARE FORCED TO PAY).

No problem, and there's no coercion involved.  People who will perform the service of mining for you will do so for a fee.  However, you are free to perform the service of mining yourself if you don't want to pay that fee.  Or you are free to not use Bitcoin.  You could even run your own alternative blockchain if you wanted, with your own rules.

The sky's the limit!  Thank Satoshi and many others for providing all of this for you for free!

Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 06:24:13 PM

We are FORCED to pay a tax upon every transaction, and they say Bitcoin doesn't have any taxes? That's just pure crap. Taxation is unconstitutional theft via armed extortion. In Bitcoin's case, it's unavoidable, and is without the armed extortion (YOU ARE FORCED TO PAY).

You are not FORCED to pay anything.

You are not even FORCED to use bitcoin.

You are welcome to use bitcoin if you like, and you are welcome to pay any fee (or no fee at all if you like).

Equally, the peers on the network are not FORCED to relay your transaction if they don't want to.

They are welcome to relay your transaction if they like, and they are welcome to ignore your transaction if they like.

Equally, the miners are not FORCED to include your transaction in their blocks.

They are welcome to include your transaction if they like, and they are welcome to leave your transaction for some other miner to include in their block if they like.

Isn't it great how NOBODY is FORCED to do any of these things with bitcoin.

Nobody is entitled to get their way at the expense of other people.

It's a great way to live!

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:28:26 PM

This is not true.. you can have your miners do your transactions for no fee.
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 06:40:31 PM

I pay zero fee TXs all the time and they get confirms.
The Constitution only applies to the government.
Nobody is armed forcing you to pay TX fees.
people may not know.. i use Multibit and it forces a fee that is NOT cheap !

if i want to send $500,000 worth of BTC it would cost me 0.0001 BTC
and if i want to send 0.0002 BTC it costs me 0.0001  BTC

BTC0.0002 is about 7.6¢. You can't even find a gumball machine anymore that takes less than a quarter. Why are you trying to send such a small amount?

If you don't like the fee policy Multibit enforces, don't use Multibit.  There are plenty of other options that'll let you set whatever transaction fee you want.

If you want to pay 0 tx fees (which I don't recommend), I have three words for you:

createrawtransaction
signrawtransaction
sendrawtransaction

CheapSweep uses those to combine lots of small inputs into a single, larger output.

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
Verse

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:51:36 PM

Try paying a satoshi to one of your alternative wallets with a 0.00000000 BTC fee
Ok so you want to be free to spam the blockchain? You have fundamentally misunderstood A) Freedom (Free Markets), B) The purpose of the TX fee, and C) How you harm the network by creating asinine transactions like sending 1 satoshi.

Tax is a time-based penalty of ownership. Bitcoin transaction fees are not time-based, they are a one-off expense. In fact, the protocol gives preference to "stagnant" Bitcoin transactions and allows for lower transaction fees. There is no taxation penalty for holding Bitcoin. Hold it a year, hold it a day, and when you go to spend it you're stuck with an independent fee.
RustyNomad

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 06:53:01 PM

Just something I thought of while reading through the tread.

I understand that newcomers to bitcoin is often frustrated by the fees, I know I was. The first bitcoins a newcomer usually get is those from faucets and if you really go for it it is possible to make around 50,000 satoshi or even double that from the faucets in a day.

Many then use these coins to 'play' around with to test how things work etc.. but then run into the 10,000 satoshi fees which makes out a very large percentage of their 'faucet' coins even though its true value is negligible if measured in fiat.

I never really used the testnet version of bitcoin except for the short period while testing the new MyCelium version. Should newcomers not maybe be shown how to play around on/with the testnet where they can pass around coins to their hearts content and by doing so get a true feel for how it actually works?

I'm still a newcomer myself so sorry if this idea sounds a bit daft, just something I thought about.

fathur01

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 07:08:01 PM

$0.04 is a BIG tax huh? You pay 4 cents and you can send millions of dollars across the world for FREE! Think about it.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 07:54:35 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 09:08:17 PM by jbreher

Should newcomers not maybe be shown how to play around on/with the testnet where they can pass around coins to their hearts content and by doing so get a true feel for how it actually works?

Test net is available to everyone.

Some time back, new registrants to this forum were limited to posting in the 'Newcomers' section (though they could read the entire forum). This gave a handy place for noobs to learn these basic concepts before wading out and embarrassing themselves by spewing nonsense on the rest of the forum.

Of course, noobs _could_ continue to learn these basics in the place most suited for such discussions. But they must feel insulted, or too self-aggrandized, or something.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
itsAj

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 07:58:17 PM

Transaction fees support the network they are needed?
RappingSniper

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:18:48 AM

You are not forced, you dont have to pay a transaction fee. But by not paying a fee you may not got your transaction processed until a miner who is kind enough to process transactions for free allows your transaction in a block.
Ondago

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:51:23 AM

You're not forced. You're welcome to mine your own blocks. You can get to work with a pencil and paper here => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3dqhixzGVo
darthcoin

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 09:15:55 AM

You don't have to pay the fee, I never do and my transactions always clear. Are all of you guys too scared to even try sending a feeless tx? Cause mine always work
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:38:47 PM

This was a great troll.
RustyNomad

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 07:44:29 PM

You're not forced. You're welcome to mine your own blocks. You can get to work with a pencil and paper here => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3dqhixzGVo

Best reply by far....  Grin
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:50:21 PM

Ah, so because you don't want to pay a few pennies, miners around the world should use their electricity and hardware to do your Tx for free? I assume you know that all things cost money and that someone has to pay. If so, why should someone else pay your bills?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:17:19 PM

Account recovered 08-12-2019
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: