Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:50:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM COIN? or next big thing? Global Coin Reserve  (Read 23238 times)
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 04:32:37 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 10:46:26 AM by gravitate

Ok guys I am not trying to sign you up with this but I have been invited to this and the only way you can have a look inside is by following a ref feral link.

Basically you buy hashing power anywhere between 100usd to 3000 usd per month to get some of the currency. Then at Christmas time it all becomes open source so anyone can mine it. Here is a link to have a look inside

http://gravitate.globalcoinreserve.com/

OK so I have the opportunity of talking to the person who made this later what questions would you ask to establish if it is actually real? I have already asked to see the block chain but he said he didn't want to waste his programers times as when it launches it will be working with etherem when public so it will be a waste of time.

Also currently there are no wallets to download only the ones you see in your back room etc.

Another claim is that this coin is coin to be backed by gold. I.e. If the coin is worth 1 usd then you can trade it in for 20 cents of gold.

How does this all sound to you and  what questions would you ask as I will do today a bit later?

To peel or not to peel.
robinwilliams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 04:37:32 AM

gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 04:46:29 AM

That didn't work out quiet well.

To peel or not to peel.
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:42:00 PM

100usd per month gets you 150 kh/s and it's all closed source. No block chain. No download able wallet. But come December they will fork off etherium and be backed by gold and be worth well over 1 usd on any platform. I need your opinion guys pleaee

To peel or not to peel.
identtitentti

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:28:08 PM

As they say:

All this while we get control of your personal and home business finances through the use of our exclusive financial tools.

Cheesy
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:49:20 PM

well anyone have any thoughts I am keen to pick your minds about this one.

To peel or not to peel.
squatsnmilk

Activity: 89

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:59:23 PM

I checked out the website briefly.  It has the look and formatting of a classic pyramid scheme.

I like TRON.
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 10:45:50 AM

the questions I ask is that these are the claims:

They will not release a source code or block explorer becasue they are going to fork off etherium
They are not on an exchange yet but in the player back room it says the value of 1 QCR is 0.43 dollar (they base the price on how many people are mining and how many coins already mined) I wish I could value my coin like this lol
They are going to launch with 1000 cash machines which can also be used with bitcoins and the top philippino taxi company will accept QCR
They will be backed by gold and they have struck a deal with a gold foundry in the UK
Also for 100 usd per month you get 150 kh/s mining which works out at around 20 coins per day from someone who has signed up and apparently they have 1000 people cloud hashing away already.

That means on their new coin they have 150,000kh/s already. Does this not sound rediculous? I mean they are the only people mining the coin so they can do it from a single semi ok rig and work it up on far less than 150,000kh/s

Also they claim that wjhen the coin goes on an exchange or 'platform' itwill be worth around 1usd and the difficulty will bew so low anyone can mine the coin with their computer.

So what they are paying for is this if it is true. 1000 cash machines (200k usd?), 150,000kh/s mining power (200kusd?), a substantial contract with a gold foundry in the UK (lol this will be immense)

So I dont want to say this is a scam I want someone to tell me if any one thinks this is realistic and has any probability of becomiong a success? Or is it to mislead and take money off people. This is what I am trying to establish with some kind of subsrtance rather than opinions.

To peel or not to peel.
doo

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 12:42:58 PM

Nob not for me, pass
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 01:10:49 PM

I agree it sounds like a big scam... but does anyone beg to differ? Any more in depth opinions?

To peel or not to peel.
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:29:48 PM

Ok we have a lot if people signing up to this and spending money on it. Does the crypto community want to  come together and determine if it is real or a scam? It will either be a good investment or put people off cryptos for good! We need the community to look at this. Just my opinion us not reassuring. or if someone who says it's bad we need to give details on why it is by the top crypto guys. Will you please help me. People potentially are getting scammed and no one cares? Give 5 minutes of your time please

To peel or not to peel.
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:17:14 PM

doI need to offer a bounty to get a professional opinion here? I can offer a small one but it has to be from a crypto old school person. I don't want people to get ripped off and the more people that do will be against cryptos.

To peel or not to peel.
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:58:39 AM

Well each day that passes people are either making themselves rich or they are throwing their money away. I still dont know which

To peel or not to peel.
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:01:21 AM

More and More people joining. Is it a scam? We need opinions here.

To peel or not to peel.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:26:16 AM

As they say:

All this while we get control of your personal and home business finances through the use of our exclusive financial tools.

Cheesy

Hilarious obvious scam is both hilarious and obvious.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
jelt14

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:29:44 AM

if they want to take care of your buisness and personal finances   NO FRICKEN WAY
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:08:28 PM

Well I feel the same way... But I was hoping some one could write this down in an intelligent factual way so I can give it to the people whoi are doing the recruiting for this as they seam to believe it.

To peel or not to peel.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:23:07 PM

Well I feel the same way... But I was hoping some one could write this down in an intelligent factual way so I can give it to the people whoi are doing the recruiting for this as they seam to believe it.

This looks like shady upselling to me. Promises of profitable cloud mining, a share in some worthless crypto, and control of your personal finances. How can I put this eloquently?

It's garbage, and you will lose money.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
sweetiepie

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:26:22 PM

intelligent and factual are you serious?

No block chain and struck a deal with a gold foundry in the uk? A philipino taxi company and 1000 ATM machines?

Oh my god I have never had such a laugh thank you for this Smiley Who ever buye in to this and thinks they are 'cloud hashing' is an idiot. They are paying for someone to randomly generate a few figures in their account.

Thank you for the laugh becasue it really did make me laugh. I nearly spat coffee all over my keyboard and I am sorry but I cant intelligently argue against when some one tells me that a piece of dog pooh is made from gold lol

Gravitate there is no helping the people who invest in this. Dont waste your time
miningteam23

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 12:37:41 PM

I agree with most people. This is nothing but a worthless ponzi scam that will collapse or be shut down soon! Just look at the people pimping it. That cxl2000 guy in the moneymakergroup.com forum is a major ponzi pimp/spammer.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: