Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:09:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Australian coinjar.com to charge 10% GST on all AUD->Bitcoin sales  (Read 3808 times)
n3lz0n

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:05:02 AM

thanks for the link! :-)

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gtraah

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 12:19:06 PM

GUYS You can buy from Circle if you have a Visa Debit or credit card, all you need to do is go to

Settings > Link Account > Click Next and add account.

You can 10000000000000% add a Visa debit card from NON us , everyone is doing it in europe also. I have made 5 purchase already and I am from sydney

make sure you goto Settings top left corner and then link account and then add account, if a message comes up with US bank accounts just click NEXT or continue
goose20
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 12:30:06 PM

GUYS You can buy from Circle if you have a Visa Debit or credit card, all you need to do is go to

You can 10000000000000% add a Visa debit card from NON us , everyone is doing it in europe also. I have made 5 purchase already and I am from sydney

make sure you goto Settings top left corner and then link account and then add account, if a message comes up with US bank accounts just click NEXT or continue

Hey thanks for the info. Smiley

Did your initial deposit go into 'pending' status?

I actually registered 2 nights ago. Verified email,  verified phone, linked visa, and made a deposit. But its been in pending status this whole time.

Did I miss a step/something?

Had an unpleasant experience with coinjar today so the sooner I get circle working the better.
Cheers
gtraah

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:03:00 AM

Hey thanks for the info. Smiley

Did your initial deposit go into 'pending' status?

I actually registered 2 nights ago. Verified email,  verified phone, linked visa, and made a deposit. But its been in pending status this whole time.

Did I miss a step/something?

Had an unpleasant experience with coinjar today so the sooner I get circle working the better.
Cheers

Very Strange I have now done 7 Deposits all within 4 days. Every SINGLE one I did went in INSTANTLY.

I am From Sydney Australia

I bank with St George

I use their Visa Debit Card.

Not a SINGLE glitch has occurred with circle, although I asked for the circle invite MONTHS ago but only 1 week ago they sent an email to worldwide invites outside the US and said we are all now welcome to create an account. So this is what I did
goose20
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:28:49 AM

- snip -

Very Strange I have now done 7 Deposits all within 4 days. Every SINGLE one I did went in INSTANTLY.

I am From Sydney Australia

I bank with St George

I use their Visa Debit Card.

Not a SINGLE glitch has occurred with circle, although I asked for the circle invite MONTHS ago but only 1 week ago they sent an email to worldwide invites outside the US and said we are all now welcome to create an account. So this is what I did

Intetesting. Mine is visa debit also (Suncorp). Never had issues with it on paypal or skrill.
Either the bank or something to do with invite you got.

Thanks for all the info though.
Smiley

john641

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:45:38 PM

Standard nonsensical australian government, I don't expect it will change anytime soon. Aussies will just buy overseas, and bitcoin will not be used as a day to day currency - though it still has excellent potential as a store of value

gado

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 02:57:38 AM

It might be worth compiling a list of visa direct debit cards or credit card that work with circle.

I tried ANZ platinum credit visa and it was a no go. I plan to get a ANZ debit visa and try that next.
Someone posted St George Debit visa is a goer.

If people that are using circle successfully in Aussie could post their type of card it would be great.

Response from Circle

We are working hard to incorporate international partnerships that will allow customer worldwide to deposit and withdraw Bitcoin to a fiat account. While some of our non-US customers have had success linking their credit/debit cards to Circle, however, not all are supported.

At this time, we are currently optimizing our non-US support and thus don't have a fix at this time. We will provide additional information soon.

Eriks, Team Circle
stup2plending

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:14:09 PM

It seems that alot of Aussies can't use Circle and some can.

If you can't, I am in the US and don't have a Circle acct but I do have Coinbase. I'd be glad to make some deals to save you the GST on the buy. My bank can accept AUD wires and I am working on an atty escrow if interested to keep it outside of LBC and I have an LBC acct as well.

feel free to email me if you are interested.

Stu
n3lz0n

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:07:50 PM

FYI: I tried my NAB, BankWest and St George, no go as well.....

what kinds of Credit Card did you use? to the person who successfully linked their CC to Circle?

thanks!!!!

It might be worth compiling a list of visa direct debit cards or credit card that work with circle.

I tried ANZ platinum credit visa and it was a no go. I plan to get a ANZ debit visa and try that next.
Someone posted St George Debit visa is a goer.

If people that are using circle successfully in Aussie could post their type of card it would be great.

Response from Circle

We are working hard to incorporate international partnerships that will allow customer worldwide to deposit and withdraw Bitcoin to a fiat account. While some of our non-US customers have had success linking their credit/debit cards to Circle, however, not all are supported.

At this time, we are currently optimizing our non-US support and thus don't have a fix at this time. We will provide additional information soon.

Eriks, Team Circle

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 03:28:41 AM

It is interesting that *every support message* seems to be from "Eriks".

I don't think Circle should even be *trying* to expand its client-base until it gives him at least a few co-workers to help out.

Oops - I didn't even realise that this was *not* the Circle topic (seems we have drifted off topic).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Seanzqt

Activity: 267

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 05:33:06 AM

so what's everyone's advice on how we can buy Bitcoin here in Australia?

not Circle, unless you have a US based credit card or a bank account...

thanks.

Do it via BPAY, or transfer, I would say use www.igot.com, or something similar since it has a 0% buy in FEE. You could sell at other places that also have low rates or send it to your www.coinjar.com swipe debit card and withdraw it out at an ATM Smiley
Thylacine

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 01:51:18 AM

FWIW, CoinJar have now relocated to London and no longer have to collect GST.
Cryptobro

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 04:41:38 AM

Excellent. I like their service and will start using them again now.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 02:53:23 AM

I have been using Coinjar for a couple of months now and can say that they are excellent to deal with, they have the best customer support team i have ever experienced and run a very professional company.

Easy to buy coins and easy to cash out, now with the new swipe card and BTC hedging available i couldn't ask for more.

Also now with them relocating to the UK = NO MORE GST!!  Smiley
Keep up the good work guys!

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: