Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:38:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin long term linear trend  (Read 6647 times)
Qatuca

Activity: 184
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 04:44:32 PM

As the chart from 2014 shows the price at halving should be around $660.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/6tL3k5m.jimg]

Next halving the price should be $1630.

elwar, since when did you turn to posting pessimistic fud  Cheesy

ok, as a worst case scenario i let you have your point...

Wink

You find 1630 to be pessimistic? Oo

Well, I'd me more than happy with such a price!
Let's firstly hope that post halving won't be a panic dump :/

i was joking. $1600 in 2020 would still beat every other asset class on the planet.

i think the prices are going to be even higher at that time, i would predict something like 10000 dollars per bitcoin because the price is going to be booming of all the demand

I believe the bitcoin price will be $5000 to $10,000 in 2020. The $1600 price could be reached next year.

I think so. If the bitcoin block size in creased to 2MB within a year, the price will be at least $2000 next year.

The big reason for the slow adoption of the bitcoin is that the transaction is too slow and the lighting network is not ready.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 05:26:18 PM

The big reason for the slow adoption of the bitcoin is that the transaction is too slow and the lighting network is not ready.

This is exactly it. I explained Bitcoin to my brother the other day and he was like...it sounds like the transactions are too slow. When will Lightning Network be ready? I hadn't even gotten to block size or LN.

I read on a news show that people are waiting with money in their fist for whatever solution you think is the best. Though, they actually understand the difference between transactions and confirmations so you may want to do a bit of research on that one.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 08:45:02 PM

This is exactly it. I explained Bitcoin to my brother the other day and he was like...it sounds like the transactions are too slow. When will Lightning Network be ready? I hadn't even gotten to block size or LN.

I read on a news show that people are waiting with money in their fist for whatever solution you think is the best. Though, they actually understand the difference between transactions and confirmations so you may want to do a bit of research on that one.

The network is no problem. If the need was there the core developers could start a fix within fix. The problem is that there is no real marketing.
Like any product you need to market it and that is exactly what is lacking at the moment.
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 11:33:46 PM

The network is no problem. If the need was there the core developers could start a fix within fix. The problem is that there is no real marketing.
Like any product you need to market it and that is exactly what is lacking at the moment.

Stupidest thing I ever heard, "the network is no problem"Huh Are you kidding me???

The need is there, we will be exceeding the network limit soon, and yet the core developers are too busy fapping to the sound of their voices to fix it. Marketing??? You gotta be kidding me!?! You're worried about marketing a broken product???

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 07:47:51 AM

Block size debate does not have to invade every thread.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Ahab_Hunter_of_BearWhale

Activity: 137
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 12:11:22 AM

It looks linear because we are still here Wink

I like this post ^_^

We ain't seen nothing yet
Ahab_Hunter_of_BearWhale

Activity: 137
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 12:15:57 AM

There's the old adage that a great product markets itself. Probably as blockchain usage grows bitcoin usage will grow too as it's the most secure network.

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 12:29:02 AM

it does

in fact, it's not discussed enough.

I am amazed there is not more complaints and more importantly solutions to it.

months ago we were promised a block size increase, lightning and segwit and not even 1 of these 3 solutions is implemented yet even though they were supposed to be implemented BEFORE the halving.

Blocks have been full for way too long, and it's really making it impossible for bitcoin to grow until it is solved.
Schuyler

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 01:54:41 AM

There's the old adage that a great product markets itself. Probably as blockchain usage grows bitcoin usage will grow too as it's the most secure network.

Right. A great product not exposed to potential users could just be forgotten until something better comes along. How many ads have we seen that promote bitcoin in anyway? How many news articles and PR campaigns have we seen showing bitcoin's benefits? Ask about bitcoin to a regular guy and he'll either scratch his head or return the question to you.
pleaseexplainagain

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:03:42 AM

Agree. people need to be sold on the idea that they should have some bitcoin in addition to their cash, debit card and credit cards and saving accounts.
There are two key benefits that mean everyone right down to the person who has just say $2000 in savings should turn 5% of their savings into bitcoin. First they have direct access to and control of their own money (the digital cash concept ) and second though bitcoin could crash in price it has the possiblity to earn more from that  5% of the $2000 savings than the other 90% in total ever will (the digital gold concept).

To encourage my friends and rellies to get interested I send their teenage kids $5 in bitcoin every so often as a private key. They then go ahead and learn about wallets etc so they can "use' the money or at least accumulate. people need to learn to use the bitcoin stuff (wallets, exchanges etc) so they see it as "familiar' as their bank account number at their local bank.

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 08:11:59 AM

it does

in fact, it's not discussed enough.

I am amazed there is not more complaints and more importantly solutions to it.

months ago we were promised a block size increase, lightning and segwit and not even 1 of these 3 solutions is implemented yet even though they were supposed to be implemented BEFORE the halving.

Blocks have been full for way too long, and it's really making it impossible for bitcoin to grow until it is solved.

Nope.

Good-bye thread.

Locked.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: