Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:54:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Attempt to Get Geeks.com to Accept Bitcoin  (Read 1385 times)
check_status (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 08:24:26 PM

Quote from: Me
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 9:57 AM
To: Sales-Geeks
Subject: Webmail to salesgeek

Do you accept Bit-Pay for purchases?
I have a decent amount of Bitcoins which are currently worth $5 each. If you were to accept payments via Bit-Pay I would utilize this to make purchases.

Sincerely,

Me

They replied:

Hi x,
 Thank you for your email. Unfortunately Geeks.com does not accept that method of payment. We do accept all major (U.S.) credit cards, money order or bank wire transfer.

Please feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at (760)***-**** if you have any further questions or concerns. Our hours of operation are Monday- Friday from 8AM to 5PM PST.

Sincerely,

Erika D.
Geeks.com
Support Representative

If any one else uses or is thinking of using Geeks.com to purchase computer equipment, ask them if they accept Bitcoin or utilize Bit-Pay. If enough people ask they may add more payment solutions that involve Bitcoins.

Cheers

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 08:37:26 PM

Wow how genuinely geeky of them - accepting paper money and refusing crypographic sci-fi future computer money.
TizzyTazzy

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 04:56:39 AM

Gotta get in touch with the higher ups, this was just some support guy working for them more than likely.

Kris
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:38:01 AM

#blablahblah

What do you mean?
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:48:28 AM

I had a conversation with a company rep on their facebook page concerning a RMA and I brought up bitcoin at the end. I provided the link to weusecoins.com and bit-pay, the person thanked me for the info and said they would relay it to the proper people (translation: whatever asshole, we like fiat, but I'll pretend like I care).

Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 01:52:20 PM

You need to make them see a need for it.
The conversations I've had re: Bit-pay have been along the lines of:

"you should consider this"
"yeah whatever... we're happy with what we have"
"2.69% flat fee and absolutely no chargebacks"
"iiiiiinteresting"

Think about what makes it worthwhile for them  Wink In particular, shops that do a lot of small transactions might really appreciate the lack of CC/PP fees, and shops with high chargeback risk (high end electronics particularly) might be interested in the "no chargebacks" part.
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 02:07:04 PM

Yeah, maybe you should recommend system like paysius.com as an easy way to accept bitcoin.

But seriously, who does buy stuff from that store? Seems pretty lame to me, and I consider myself as a computer geek...

check_status (OP)

Activity: 196

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 11:26:28 PM

Well, I sent Erika ⊅1 using Bitcoinmail.com. We'll see how it goes.

The answer is no, so don't ask. Grin

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
panda1

Activity: 187

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 08:07:20 AM

I know at least one person there knows about bitcoins; check out this entry from their blog:

http://www.geeks.com/techtips/2011/bitcoins.asp

This thread reminded me of reading it last year.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: