Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:28:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To what extent are you willing to help fight Ebola?  (Voting closed: October 08, 2014, 04:49:39 AM)
contribute some currency - 4 (14.3%)
volunteer some of my time - 0 (0%)
retweet, post on FB, IRC, etc ... - 2 (7.1%)
ask others to give time of money - 1 (3.6%)
help lead the campaign - 0 (0%)
all of the above - 4 (14.3%)
none of the above - 17 (60.7%)
Total Voters: 25

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt Coin Owners, Are You Willing To Help Fight Ebola?  (Read 1944 times)
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:49:39 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 11:26:35 PM by Armis

Ebola is a growing concern around the world, EMC2 is considering making a donation to Ebola research, how would you help fight ebola if you could?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amacar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:16:16 AM

If they will make a medicine right now I will contribute some of my cryptos, but if I look from the other side, till now only few thousand people dye, that much die of HIV in few minutes, so there is a real problem.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:52:38 AM

I will contribute with some altcoin (non btc...).

But first of all, what is EMC2?
Unbelive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:24:31 AM

This seems to be in wrong part of forum.

Ebola will for sure reduce world population drastically. That will bring to Demographic, Economic and Society changes, same as with big Plagues in middle ages. There will be to much wealth and to little workers once again. Workers will get more power.

rabbiter

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:00:42 PM

I hate to crush anyone's altruism but people know this is a hundred year old disease without a known cure right?

Government s are well on top of it money wise and professional input. Containment is the 'cure' with this and so amateurs getting involved won't help anyone. This of course is the case if you trust your government doesn't want the disease the spread???
rabbiter

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:02:28 PM

This seems to be in wrong part of forum.

Ebola will for sure reduce world population drastically. That will bring to Demographic, Economic and Society changes, same as with big Plagues in middle ages. There will be to much wealth and to little workers once again. Workers will get more power.

last known outbreaks have been in the hundreds and thousands, it's more a scare tactic that reality. Like I said assuming the plan isn't for people to die on purpose.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:10:10 PM

Ebola is a growing concern around the world, EMC2 is considering making a donation to Ebola research, how would you help fight ebola if you could?

i find that doubtful.

what do you know about it ?
do you know that we have already done plenty of research and the chances of finding some type of cure for it is not likely ?
there is around 4 known types 2 are considered highly fatal and the other two not..

my advice is don't play with Bats Wink

Spoetnik Trivia Time:
All these virus's / virii are detected via two methods fingerprinting or heuristics.
When a sample is sent to the USA CDC (center for disease control)
They do two things.. at most !
First they cross references the select identified DNA patterns of the contagion with a known list.
And often that is where the search stops.
It costs more money and more samples and time and effort to go the extra mile for step 2 ..if it's done at all.
Which is behavior matching of sorts..
If a sample of Ebola we have acts a certain way and we have a new sample that acts the same we we then consider it a new strain.

Both methods are weak.
Just like Antivirus software for a computer.. those use the same two methods also and also do a piss poor job of it LOL
I stopped using Antivirus software around 2005 and never had a virus since but i have found plenty FIRST and warned others (via heuristics)

Anyway who is it you think you are donating to specifically that is doing research for a cure and what strain of it ?

Now if you said hey i want to donate to research on the Alien life we found in India with the "Red Rain" i would say great Smiley
There was a meteor impact with a light show in the sky the week or so before the Red Rain was seen.
And a prominent scientist found that is appears to look like samples taken from the meteors core.
The microbes look kind of like blood cells and self replicate sort of like a virus etc
Except the only problem is the samples have failed all known database signatures and tests for DNA via phosphorus have failed.
So that leaves us with a simple life form that self replicates itself and yet does not possess DNA !
This is NOT suppose to be possible.. ALL Life on earth has DNA !
We have proof of Alien life.. there is no other possible explanation.
Strangely enough when a bunch of scientists tried to get NASA to test the samples and confirm finding they refused to get involved
claiming they don't have the Time or the Interest or the Facilities to do testing.. a bold face lie on all three accounts !
Because we know they did exactly that with Rocks collected on the Moon from guys with NASA logo's stamped on their backs LOL
They also have refused to test another known older meteor that had been suspected of the same thing
that Bill Clinton had announced we found Alien life on TV way back too.. i guess their busy sweeping up the Space Shuttle Launch Pads ?
Anyway the "Red Rain" samples replicating supposedly leave a by product of Uranium which is hazardous to humans obviously.
Maybe we should research that before it turns into a pandemic ?
If only the interest and facilities existed to test  Roll Eyes

I have no doubt the American Govt is involved in massive cover ups about possible Alien Life or sightings here on earth etc.
The only thing i want to see done is the veil of their secrecy pulled away.. the amount of secrets they hold is monolithic !
lets research THAT !

FUD first & ask questions later™
Armis (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:28:26 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 12:43:50 PM by Armis

I will contribute with some altcoin (non btc...).

But first of all, what is EMC2?

EMC2 is a cause coin, an alt currency created to make donations to scientific research.   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494708.0

I hate to crush anyone's altruism but people know this is a hundred year old disease without a known cure right?

Government s are well on top of it money wise and professional input. Containment is the 'cure' with this and so amateurs getting involved won't help anyone. This of course is the case if you trust your government doesn't want the disease the spread???

Given that statement the effort should be about: scientific research, public awareness, and academic education.    The scientific research to find a cure, public awareness to let the public know how to deal with the disease, from prevention, to proper identification, to containment, to clean-up, to follow-up; and as for academic education (as opposed to the practical education aka public awareness)  this is that step just before scientific research, grad, and post grad education with a special concentration in infectious diseases and Epidemiology.

Brito

Activity: 243

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:50:37 PM

More people die from the common cold every year then ebola.

Armis (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:56:28 PM

If the same number of people that are exposed to a common cold were exposed to an ebola virus the death toll would be in the hundreds of millions per year, keep in mind that only ~50% of the people who are exposed to Ebola die from it.

People rarely die from the common cold, those who die 'because of a cold' usually have an already compromised immunized system so anything as simple as a common cold could kill them.   This goes for premature infants in the first weeks of life, organ transplant receivers in the first 6 months after the procedure,  cancer patients undergoing chemo,  and people in the sunset days of their life -- old folk.   If their immune system was not already compromised the cold would not kill them.   

robinwilliams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:57:40 PM

can you plz add an option for "shooting ebola victims onsite"

it would probably be more efficient plus i would do that
Armis (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:00:45 PM

can you plz add an option for "shooting ebola victims onsite"

it would probably be more efficient plus i would do that

Rest In Peace Robin Williams
mandular

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:06:33 PM

There is only on way to help. Big pharma concern must earn some money, because they cause it.
If you collect some coin you will give it to those people.
PoS

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

If you can be anything, be kind and fair

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:47:19 PM

Whats ebola got to do with altcoins, is't this the wrong part of the forum
Armis (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:13:06 PM

There is only on way to help. Big pharma concern must earn some money, because they cause it.
If you collect some coin you will give it to those people.

Join us to help determine where funds go?
healtheworld

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:17:28 PM

contribute some currency
 Smiley
Armis (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:22:46 PM

EMC2 is an alt currency we are sponsoring the question, we are asking other cause coins (all alt coins) to join forces, and we want all those who have any type of alt currency to be able to contribute to the cause.

I remember when people complained "what's non-bitcoin talk doing on a bitcoin talk discussion board?"

contribute some currency
 Smiley

thanks healtheworld
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:47:32 AM

Willing to help as a member of the einsteinium board.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:21:38 AM

[?] EbolaCoin - New Proof Of Death Algo !

FUD first & ask questions later™
Armis (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:09:17 PM

more people die from malaria yet no one gives a flying fork.

except bill gates, and he is not into crypto (i think).

sounds like this

If the same number of people that are exposed to a common cold were exposed to an ebola virus the death toll would be in the hundreds of millions per year, keep in mind that only ~50% of the people who are exposed to Ebola die from it.

People rarely die from the common cold, those who die 'because of a cold' usually have an already compromised immunized system so anything as simple as a common cold could kill them.   This goes for premature infants in the first weeks of life, organ transplant receivers in the first 6 months after the procedure,  cancer patients undergoing chemo,  and people in the sunset days of their life -- old folk.   If their immune system was not already compromised the cold would not kill them.   

However, unlike the common cold or Ebola there is a vaccination for malaria, it is easily treatable if discovered early. 
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: