Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:42:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox Collapsing (and taking bitcoin down with them?)  (Read 13540 times)
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:19:47 AM

Has anyone hacked Mtgox?? My account got cleaned out Shocked

How do I go about getting help with this.I emailed them just now.So,I'm waiting for a response,but maybe you guys know a faster way to results.

This sucks   Cry
Another one? Did you happen to use an insecure password, OR did you happen to use the same password on both Bitcoinica and MtGox?

Repeat after me: The value of the Yubikey is greater than the loss of all my funds!

Nope,my PW is different on any & all accounts.I never had a Bitcoinia account,thank god.None of my PW's have been changed either,soo............

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:27:15 AM

Did you ever log on via any kind of unsecured network, and have you verified that your system is malware-free?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:31:56 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2012, 04:47:57 AM by Unacceptable

Did you ever log on via any kind of unsecured network, and have you verified that your system is malware-free?

Nope,I only login from my main PC & scan my PC regularly.

Edit:

Well I'm SOL,I thought so:

Thank you for your inquiry. We would recommend you to change your password as soon as possible. Unfortunately, bitcoin transactions are irreversible and we can not refund any amount of the stolen funds. As a business if Mt.Gox were to offer you a cash or bitcoin refund in compensation of this extremely unfortunate event, there would be a large increase in the number of hacking attempts to capitalize upon the possibility of financial reward.

As a further remedy, if you wish to retrieve your funds, we ask that you file a police report for the stolen goods. It is preferable for the police to inspect your computer, but not necessary. Once this investigation has occurred and a copy of the police report issued, please send a copy of it along with a notarized copy of your passport or Government issued photo ID to Mt.Gox and have the police contact us so that we can cooperate with their investigation by providing any requested information.

Please let us know how you wish to proceed, and again we apologize for the frustration and inconvenience caused.

Like the police can help,now THATS FUNNY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got the IP & a wallet address the coins went to,anyone willing (or know how to) to do some detective work?? Not sure how much I could pay,but we can work something out.

Oh well,I'll earn more & keep them well hidden.

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:15:41 AM

Well, Goat recently got his 400 BTC, so you can start there.

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 06:55:30 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2012, 07:21:29 AM by Unacceptable

I just don't understand how this happened Huh

I scanned my pc with several AV's & nothing,my email isn't compromised(dosen't appear to be).

If my PC was hacked they would've gotten my wallet too,if my email was hacked they would've gotten my pool info & coins from there too.

I'm SOOO confused............

The only thing I can think of is MTgox security is freakin lame.

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Vladimir

Activity: 812

-

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 11:02:22 AM

As a further remedy, if you wish to retrieve your funds, we ask that you file a police report for the stolen goods. It is preferable for the police to inspect your computer, but not necessary. Once this investigation has occurred and a copy of the police report issued, please send a copy of it along with a notarized copy of your passport or Government issued photo ID to Mt.Gox and have the police contact us so that we can cooperate with their investigation by providing any requested information.

Actually this is quite reasonable position. I would do the same in mtgox's position.

-
Vernon715

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:51:08 PM

What is the best bitcoin trading site beside Mt. gox?

Please donate: 1FfJzfpGCXD6saKqmMs8W1qt9wouhA98Mj

http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/1642

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:59:17 PM

I scanned my pc with several AV's & nothing,my email isn't compromised(dosen't appear to be).

If my PC was hacked they would've gotten my wallet too,if my email was hacked they would've gotten my pool info & coins from there too.

Did you click on any links in emails from MtGox?

EDIT:  Also, check your browser history for any sites with "mtgox" in it, and see what the base domain of each is (everything before .com).
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 07:47:01 PM

EDIT:  Also, check your browser history for any sites with "mtgox" in it, and see what the base domain of each is (everything before .com).

They never have links in thier emails so no.rjk said my PW was weak,so I guess thats why.

Heres the info on the trade,I changed my PW & will no longer keep ANY coins or cash in there ever:

There has been a withdrawal from your Mt.Gox account:

Transaction reference: 020c4071-151d-4ac6-11fa-14d1fb9df1a4
Date: 2012-06-04 11:05:02 GMT
IP: 82.198.47.30

You can access your account history for more details.

Please contact us as soon as possible by replying to this email if you did not request this withdrawal.

Thanks,
The Mt.Gox Team

The IP looks like it's in spain,like that means anything  Roll Eyes

Here's the wallet my coins went to:

2012/06/04 07:05:02

Withdraw

36.17303753 BTC

0.00000000 BTC

Bitcoin withdraw to 1NSwYqg5DmrJS1cEnXHw3dJKDtZmHg4d5P

MykelSilver

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 10:08:51 PM

Hey, that's my address!. Thanks man!
(joke)
tarrant_01

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 10:14:12 AM

It's still sitting there untouched for a month?

http://www.blockchain.info/address/1NSwYqg5DmrJS1cEnXHw3dJKDtZmHg4d5P

1P95gCUCw3Tjb7yyoYtW3ARZZQyTpFgk6H
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 03:03:54 PM

EDIT:  Also, check your browser history for any sites with "mtgox" in it, and see what the base domain of each is (everything before .com).

They never have links in thier emails so no.rjk said my PW was weak,so I guess thats why.

Heres the info on the trade,I changed my PW & will no longer keep ANY coins or cash in there ever:

There has been a withdrawal from your Mt.Gox account:

Transaction reference: 020c4071-151d-4ac6-11fa-14d1fb9df1a4
Date: 2012-06-04 11:05:02 GMT
IP: 82.198.47.30

You can access your account history for more details.

Please contact us as soon as possible by replying to this email if you did not request this withdrawal.

Thanks,
The Mt.Gox Team

The IP looks like it's in spain,like that means anything  Roll Eyes

Here's the wallet my coins went to:

2012/06/04 07:05:02

Withdraw

36.17303753 BTC

0.00000000 BTC

There are a bunch of peeps targeting LR exchangers that are also looking at BTC atm www.paygold.com for example used to be full of crap (rootkits and funny exploits). They used a modified version of the TDSS rootkit I was stupid and went to buy some LR while working on a miner  Embarrassed this shit spread over most of my local network fairly quickly and the clean up was a bitch. One nice little utility that worked well was http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208283363 I got off cheaply as they only managed to stick on that addy switcher trojan on one box so it cost me 0.83btc.

However the whole mess was down to me being stupid. And trying to use an unhardened miner to buy some LR  Embarrassed

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 04:31:32 PM

If accounts in MtGox could be enabled so that a PGP-signed message was required to do a withdrawal, MtGox would conclusively be able to prove that any withdraw request was signed.  It is a pity no exchange does this, the only place we have iron-clad security like this is on a chat bot.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 01:20:33 AM

If accounts in MtGox could be enabled so that a PGP-signed message was required to do a withdrawal, MtGox would conclusively be able to prove that any withdraw request was signed.  It is a pity no exchange does this, the only place we have iron-clad security like this is on a chat bot.

The first exchange to bring this out would for sure get a decent % of my business  Grin

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 01:28:56 AM

The first exchange to bring this out would for sure get a decent % of my business  Grin

Or at least support bitcoin address signatures. On OTC, Gribble already supports authenticating by using this feature of the Bitcoin software.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
jago25_98

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 06:10:51 PM

Or at least support bitcoin address signatures. On OTC, Gribble already supports authenticating by using this feature of the Bitcoin software.

I can't use $bitcoind gethelp as I'm behind a heavily firewalled connection on a heavily restricted machine...
 but I'd like to know more about that...

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: