Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:51:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Human vs human chess matches. BTC wagers. Looking for beta testers.  (Read 6308 times)
drknow012 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Fairy Tale + Fact = Unregulated Virtual Currency!

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 04:18:40 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2012, 06:29:49 PM by drknow012

btcchess.com

I just finished creating a simple website that allows two users to place a wager on a chess match, and play for the win. All transactions are automated and all accounts are secure. I'm looking to start beta testing, looking for any flaws in the transaction functionality and/or basic functionality of the entire site. All attempted transactions are logged in a database, so your bitcoins will never be lost. From the testing I have done myself, it is working perfectly. If, however, there is some unseen error on my part, and you do not receive your funds after a game is resolved, or after a game is withdrawn from the list by the user who issued the game; please post the error on this thread or pm me your user name and the time of the transaction, and I will take care of it.

There is also an affiliate program for potential advertisers. You can just put the affiliate link in your signature on this forum and earn 4% from all games won by players referred through your affiliate url. Check it out and post any errors you find on this thread. The official launch will take place after beta testing is complete.

btcchess.com

BTCChess Affiliate Program: Earn 50% on all commissions from referrals at btcchess.tk

Just sign up, post your affiliate link in your sig, and take part in the community's discussions! It's that easy!

Donations and Investors: 1F6yYdQ7rWVaH9Nqv7gbBw5FbZUuhL9smh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 05:42:49 AM

looks interesting, added to my list under pending.
Nice to see something different offered.

reminds me of cheating in online chess tournaments:
start chess prog, set your color to the one your opponents color and let the computer predict the moves for you.

HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 07:08:25 AM

I can't change the password.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 05:24:06 PM

Change password fixed, thank you for the warning. Keep'em coming.

BTCChess Affiliate Program: Earn 50% on all commissions from referrals at btcchess.tk

Just sign up, post your affiliate link in your sig, and take part in the community's discussions! It's that easy!

drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 06:20:33 PM

Member superduperman just placed a wager on a game. I will sponsor anyone up to 0.15 BTC to accept his challenge.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 06:21:44 PM

How are you preventing people from using bots while playing?
MasonIII

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 06:23:34 PM

Same question as sgtspike, but I'll play the challenge and take you up on the .15 btc sponsor? That means I only need to deposit .1 right?
drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 06:27:25 PM

Same question as sgtspike, but I'll play the challenge and take you up on the .15 btc sponsor? That means I only need to deposit .1 right?

ya, but you have to wait for the confirmation before your .15 is deposited. once you sign up, post your user name on this thread and i'll fund your account up to .15

good luck!

drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 06:28:07 PM

How are you preventing people from using bots while playing?

if i told you how, then all the botters would know how to work around my method silly!

MasonIII

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 06:29:49 PM

Signed up, MasonIII is my username on your site also.
drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 06:32:23 PM

Signed up, MasonIII is my username on your site also.

just sent .17 for good measure. after the confirmation, you'll receive the deposit

MasonIII

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 07:16:03 PM

The game says your move but won't let me click on the game to make a move.
drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 07:16:58 PM

as far as monitoring potential botters, i'm open to suggestions. one method i had was to log every move a player makes, and determine if the moves are consistently played vs the opponents moves. if there is a pattern in their movements, i can determine if he/she is using a bot. also, adding a player history in the database so one can choose to accept a player who has never lost a game. i think this will deter most cheaters... but again, i'm open to suggestions.

MasonIII

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 07:19:31 PM

Lol, my reading comprehension must be failing Sad
drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 07:20:58 PM

The game says your move but won't let me click on the game to make a move.

the escrow account is still pending confirmation. after the initial invite, it sends the wager to an escrow account, and after someone accepts the invite, it must pend confirmation again. once it is confirmed, the game will allow you to continue. that's why it says "pending" and not "continue"

just give it another few minutes.

MasonIII

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 09:50:15 PM

Just finished the game Smiley Now waiting for btc to be transferred from escrow to my account I assume. Its fun, but the problem is that its a bit slow (which is a must given that its an online game)
drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 09:58:08 PM

Just finished the game Smiley Now waiting for btc to be transferred from escrow to my account I assume. Its fun, but the problem is that its a bit slow (which is a must given that its an online game)

congrats, i hope you play again soon. it does take a while for the confirmations, but i checked the database and it was sent correctly. and btw, chess requires alot of patience. and i'm sure if a player was putting up a substantial amount of bitcoins, he would want the liberty to take his time with each move. anyways... congrats! Grin

drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 10:25:47 PM

there's a serious problem with the api transfer protocols. i sent the last game's winner the btc from the escrow account manually, but until i can sort this whole thing out, this whole thing is on hold. sorry for the pre-mature announcement. i'll keep you all posted.

drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 01:03:05 AM

there's a serious problem with the api transfer protocols. i sent the last game's winner the btc from the escrow account manually, but until i can sort this whole thing out, this whole thing is on hold. sorry for the pre-mature announcement. i'll keep you all posted.

turns out it wasn't as serious as i thought it was. just a simple coding over-sight when calling playering information from the database. beta-testing still on. the more it get's used, the closer i'll get to the official launch. i'm still willing to sponsor players, i'll post again when another game goes on the list.

MasonIII

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 01:13:06 AM

I'm down to play again later. However, a question about fees? I only received .46 out of (2x.25) from the game I won. Should that happen? Also, you might want to look into a way so that it doesn't take an hour to receive funds.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: