Bitcoin Forum
April 10, 2024, 05:51:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Coins By Keeping Your Wallet Open  (Read 3114 times)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:58:29 PM

I think it is hilarious that someone posted code at me trying to prove that something is "day 1". That basically makes the whole point, I didn't really need to post the last post.

The whole world is not a bunch of computer programmers. And this is probably why Bitcoin has dropped to $300. Shitty attitude towards regular people.
My advice.  Go buy a ton of this.  www.vericoin.info.   (You can buy right from within the new wallet).
And a ton of this.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=684090.0
Then just keep them both in your wallet and stake them and you will be mining new coins based on the amount you are willing to invest, not based on buying asic equipment or wasting energy costs.  IMO POS mining is a strong evolutionary advancement over POW mining and over the long term the advantages of POS mining and maintaining a blockchain without needing to waste massive amounts of electricity, will prove to be an insurmountable advantage for POS mining.

There are also many other POS coins that each have their merits so investigate the others as well.

Good Luck.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:16:33 PM

Maieuticoin allows staking this way, but it's Minting, not Mining. You earn .96% of your balance weekly

There is also an option to stake through the mainnet cloud if you don't want to run a client. Over 60% of the network is enrolled in Offline Staking, so the network is also very, very secure from attack

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Jamesco

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 12:16:36 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 02:40:09 AM by Jamesco

This is a great way to have solid, stable returns. When I first got into crypto I tried to make money on ipo's and getting in first on certain coins, I did well but always ended up losing a chunk of money in some form of scam which would bring me back to zero again after months of hard work. Then I came across Hobonickel's through Tokyoghetto's original journal which lead me to stop the search for new coins and ultimate losses and just sit back and relax. This return has basically paid my rent the last 3 months and lately I have been using the returns to invest in seeds for a vedgie garden, which has led to even further savings on my grocery bill. My next step is growing all my own food, contnue to pay for my rent and be self sustainable through the interest on my coins alone  Cool. Exponential returns on exponential returns. These returns are coming from my original investment in these POS coins: HBN (100% interest per year),CAP(200% interest per year),TEK(300% per year?),HYP (750% interest per year). Some resources for further reading:

Tokyo's original investment journal(and still the best imo) here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=406112.msg4400530#msg4400530

Crazyloafs new investment journal here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=783697.msg8832777#msg8832777

And Stakechallenger has set up a goal of turning $1000 into $2000 in 6 months here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=683062.msg7747380#msg7747380

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:06:12 AM

and yeah 99% of any wallet for any coin ever made has built in mining *if you turn it on via console or conf file with gen = 1
this is day one shit bro LOL  Roll Eyes

Can someone explain this without being a complete dick, and in a way that someone who has NEVER written a line of code could understand.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:07:09 AM

This is a great way to have solid, stable returns. When I first got into crypto I tried to make money on ipo's and getting in first on certain coins, I did well but always ended up losing a chunk of money in some form of scam which would bring me back to zero again after months of hard work. Then I came across Hobonickel's through Tokyoghetto's original journal which lead me to stop the search for new coins and ultimate losses and just sit back, relax and let the money come in. This return has basically paid my rent the last 3 months and lately I have been using the returns to invest in seeds for a vedgie garden, which has led to even further savings on my grocery bill. My next step is growing all my own food and complete sustainability through the interest on my coins alone  Cool. Exponential returns on exponential returns Smiley. These returns are coming from my original investment in these POS coins: HBN (100% interest per year),CAP(200% interest per year),TEK(300% per year?),HYP (750% interest per year). Some resources for further reading:

Tokyo's original investment journal(and still the best imo) here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=406112.msg4400530#msg4400530

Crazyloafs new investment journal here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=783697.msg8832777#msg8832777

And Stakechallenger has set up a goal of turning $1000 into $2000 in 6 months here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=683062.msg7747380#msg7747380

Thanks for the tips. I can't wait to get started with this after the next round of DVC payments.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:26:28 AM

Does anyone know of any other coins like Devcoin yet? Meaning like, coins that you can earn by writing/blogging or posting pictures or anything like that?

kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 01:32:10 AM

HBN is an 1 year old coin that mines good every 10 days, EXCL [from my sig] can mine with open wallet coins as new as 3 days.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:36:32 AM

HBN is an 1 year old coin that mines good every 10 days, EXCL [from my sig] can mine with open wallet coins as new as 3 days.

Nice. I think someone else told me about Hobo Nickles.

cexylikepie

Activity: 779
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:49:07 AM

be careful, never invest something you cant afford to lose
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:21:22 AM

be careful, never invest something you cant afford to lose

I will be spending Devcoins that I get for writing. So I am not investing USD or anything.

bones

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:35:27 AM

and yeah 99% of any wallet for any coin ever made has built in mining *if you turn it on via console or conf file with gen = 1

Can someone explain this without being a complete dick, and in a way that someone who has NEVER written a line of code could understand.

I have never written a line of code and believe I understand it, I will try.

Within most wallets there is a function you can turn on for "solo mining".
I have only used it on some newer coins that I have mined with my CPU, although I believe you could use GPU or ASIC in the same way.
It just allows you to mine directly without the need for connecting to a pool.
bee7

Activity: 574
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:14:26 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 05:25:49 AM by bee7

Maieuticoin allows staking this way, but it's Minting, not Mining. You earn .96% of your balance weekly

There is also an option to stake through the mainnet cloud if you don't want to run a client. Over 60% of the network is enrolled in Offline Staking, so the network is also very, very secure from attack

This is terminology, NXT people are calling this process forging. The words are not changing the real picture: You get coins by solving some math problem. PoS is not different: You check every second if one of your inputs satisfies a specific equation.

@Spoetnik: I also noted that account has Senior member rank, but there are so many amazing things in the World Wink
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:17:13 AM

Does anyone know of any other coins like Devcoin yet? Meaning like, coins that you can earn by writing/blogging or posting pictures or anything like that?

about 1500 comments ago you should have read at least 1 or 2 comments ion the MINING section..

your not qualified to spout off about crypto 1,500 comments with out knowing simple basic shit.

Bitcoin at 300 dollars because of rude programmers ?
or is it because too many NOOBS came flooding in acting like blow hards then learning shit years later after the fact ?

i can tell crystal clear you have a big mouth and march around the net.
you need to take things in steps.. and when you said "that" it showed me you skipped a step and most likely others
and jumped to more advanced shit and posted 1500 comments LOL

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet it ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:25:00 AM

I have never written a line of code and believe I understand it, I will try.

Within most wallets there is a function you can turn on for "solo mining".
I have only used it on some newer coins that I have mined with my CPU, although I believe you could use GPU or ASIC in the same way.
It just allows you to mine directly without the need for connecting to a pool.

But how would I do it? Just open the wallet and keep it open? Or do I have to put the code he said in somewhere?

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:26:35 AM

about 1500 comments ago you should have read at least 1 or 2 comments ion the MINING section..

your not qualified to spout off about crypto 1,500 comments with out knowing simple basic shit.

Bitcoin at 300 dollars because of rude programmers ?
or is it because too many NOOBS came flooding in acting like blow hards then learning shit years later after the fact ?

i can tell crystal clear you have a big mouth and march around the net.
you need to take things in steps.. and when you said "that" it showed me you skipped a step and most likely others
and jumped to more advanced shit and posted 1500 comments LOL

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet it ?

All I have ever "spouted" about Crypto was that people could get free coins by writing for Devtome, and that more people should make their own coins.

So I really don't see why you are so butt hurt about my posts. It's not like I was telling people I was the creator of Bitcoin or something.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:27:42 AM

And just btw, no one else on this thread knows about the Config wallet mining thing you were talking about. So obviously it's not "first day shit" as you "spouted" earlier.

suuuuuuuuuuuuuck it

bee7

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 08:28:46 AM

And just btw, no one else on this thread knows about the Config wallet mining thing you were talking about. So obviously it's not "first day shit" as you "spouted" earlier.

suuuuuuuuuuuuuck it

Nothing happens with no effort. The 'gen=1' option mentioned above would make you wallet mining with CPU. For the most coins it is unprofitable anymore, for some coins, like cryptonote-based, it has nearly the same profit as GPU mining these coins, for some, like Primecoin, it seems the only reasonable way to mine it. But in all these cases 'gen=1' option would consume your CPU resources, so you would pay the electricity (don't do this using your notebook as you will have to pay for the new one soon). As for wallet's config file you should play with it if you are going to use any external to the wallet mining option: GPU, ASIC, optimised cpuminer of different kind. The forum is full of the info how to mine coins: spend your time to find out.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:32:33 PM

suuuuuuuuuuuuuck it

Nothing happens with no effort. The 'gen=1' option mentioned above would make you wallet mining with CPU. For the most coins it is unprofitable anymore, for some coins, like cryptonote-based, it has nearly the same profit as GPU mining these coins, for some, like Primecoin, it seems the only reasonable way to mine it. But in all these cases 'gen=1' option would consume your CPU resources, so you would pay the electricity (don't do this using your notebook as you will have to pay for the new one soon). As for wallet's config file you should play with it if you are going to use any external to the wallet mining option: GPU, ASIC, optimised cpuminer of different kind. The forum is full of the info how to mine coins: spend your time to find out.

I have a block erupter but I can't figure it out. I am not trying to mine a lot of coins, I just wanted to know how this worked and let everyone know how it works so that this is known. I write for Devcoins, so mining a CPU amount over night every once in a while wouldn't be bad.

How would someone access the "config file" or whatever?

bee7

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:16:38 PM

suuuuuuuuuuuuuck it

I have a block erupter but I can't figure it out. I am not trying to mine a lot of coins, I just wanted to know how this worked and let everyone know how it works so that this is known. I write for Devcoins, so mining a CPU amount over night every once in a while wouldn't be bad.

How would someone access the "config file" or whatever?

As you write for Devcoins, so you are expecting to get some credit for your writing, spend some time to read the forum: it is full of complete guides how to mine. Again: nothing happens with no effort.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:44:40 PM

suuuuuuuuuuuuuck it

@whom ever
and who cares what is profitable ?
maybe try supporting a coin regardless ?

i mine Jackpot Coin and Max Coin and i couldn't care less what the profit calculators say.
i mine a coin to support it in Max's case there really isn't much else my older Fermi nvidia card can mine that i want to deal with.
the fact so many noobs don't know about wallet CPU mining even though it's integrated into ever coin pretty much shows me..
we have grubby little noobs who show up and know squat but spout of about their financial mumbo jumbo and ramble on about what coin is best etc.. for thousands of comments.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: