Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:08:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF is this guy up to?  (Read 2358 times)
Raoul Duke (OP)
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 09:24:30 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2012, 09:39:54 PM by psy

See this thread, which is locked, and in case you can't understand, the english translation is on the OPs signature.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=80817.0

WTF does he mean? Blackmail? Try to manipulate the exchanges? Fork the blockchain? WHAT?
These guys really need to improve their english if they want the Community to understand them.

Oh, he posted translations in several foreign languages subforums... And for the life of me, I can't even understand their Portuguese also lol
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=80824.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=80831.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=80823.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=80839.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 09:38:39 PM

Doesn't look like proper Russian to me. I don't understand it at all.
Raoul Duke (OP)
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 09:42:48 PM

Doesn't look proper in any language. I couldn't understand the Portuguese post and it's my native language  Undecided
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 09:46:25 PM

Doesn't look proper in any language. I couldn't understand the Portuguese post and it's my native language  Undecided

+1 the spanish one sucks and what's up with the "amen" at the end ?

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Raoul Duke (OP)
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 09:51:50 PM

Doesn't look proper in any language. I couldn't understand the Portuguese post and it's my native language  Undecided

+1 the spanish one sucks and what's up with the "amen" at the end ?

Good question. Religious freaks? The catholic church is going to mess with Bitcoin? lol
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 09:59:01 PM

Also in their signature Greenwich time (GMT) is not UK time at the moment it is only in the winter because of BST (British Summer Time)  Cheesy

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 10:03:16 PM

Also in their signature Greenwich time (GMT) is not UK time at the moment it is only in the winter because of BST (British Summer Time)  Cheesy

So 12:00h GMT/UTC is 11:00 BST lets find out in twelve hours  Tongue

bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:05:12 PM

I would not be surprised if it was a 51% attack by the USSR government.

Talk about chain split and community can recover ...

But probably some religious FUDge about price rising to $1000. 

LOL Cheesy
Raoul Duke (OP)
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:07:08 PM

So 12:00h GMT/UTC is 11:00 BST lets find out in twelve hours  Tongue

I don't think so... 05/11/2012 is  November 5th where I live... Only americans write dates like that, and with that lousy english I really doubt he's from the USA... But I really don't know. None of the languages he posted in, 5 so far + the english in his signature are proper, so who the hell knows where he's from and how does he write dates lol

Could a Moderator please unlock his threads and let hell fall on his head with people questioning him? lol
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:08:34 PM

I would not be surprised if it was a 51% attack by the USSR government.

Talk about chain split and community can recover ...

But probably some religious FUDge about price rising to $1000. 

LOL Cheesy

Forgot to mention ( can't edit post ) that the difficulty rise has been huge so that might be it.

Sell !!! Cheesy
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 10:09:23 PM

Also in their signature Greenwich time (GMT) is not UK time at the moment it is only in the winter because of BST (British Summer Time)  Cheesy

So 12:00h GMT/UTC is 11:00 BST lets find out in twelve hours  Tongue

I don't think so... 05/11/2012 is  November 5th where I live... Only americans write dates like that, and with that lousy english and really doubt he's from the USA...

12:00h GMT is 11:00h BST Americans would write the date like that tho.

drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:12:45 PM

is he asking that the decimal point be moved two zero's?

---

one of the other languages says "05 / November / 2012 "

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Raoul Duke (OP)
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:16:16 PM

is he asking that the decimal point be moved two zero's?

---

one of the other languages says "05 / November / 2012 "

Yes, November 5th. He's editing the posts.

One post was deleted... Please MODs, don't delete the posts, just unlock them. Entertainment ensues lol
acoindr
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:42:13 PM

He's talking about moving the decimal to automatically and immediately increase relative BTC value.

Right now there is a fledgling economy where real goods and services are bought for bitcoins. Because these are also bought in other currencies like the dollar there can be established an exchange rate between bitcoins and other currencies. Right now that exchange rate, according to Mt.Gox is about 1 BTC per 5 USD.

However, there is no hard fast rule about what the exchange quantities should be. This is why the OP talks about "PUTCALL-SPLIT". Puts and calls are terms related to stock options, but the OP really means a "stock-split".

Stock holders generally favor these with little reason to be against them because net worth doesn't go down (it often goes up). If I own 500 shares of GOOGLE and the company does a 2 for 1 stock split then I now own 1000 shares of GOOGLE. I don't own any more of the company because the company also doubles the amount of shares it has total. Meanwhile, in the stock market if the price was $500 per share it will likely drop immediately to $250 per share. I've lost no net worth, but the cool thing about stock splits is for strong companies (like Google) the price per share usually returns to its pre-split levels.

The concept to take away from this is that subjective value can be changed by adjusting ownership quantities with no ill-effect to owners.

Remembering goods and services are now traded for bitcoin: let's say it takes 1 BTC to buy 1 pack of socks, or 10 btc to secure the cheapest thing from Silk Road (I wouldn't know  Tongue). If everyone, at least a good majority, decided to move the decimal 2 places to the left for every BTC transaction they would lose no value, and the sellers of these items would either refuse the change or go out of business, for BTC at least.

The move would have to be coordinated where everybody switched at the same time to catch on. If they did sellers would likely lose no value either because the exchange rate between USD and BTC, like stock splits, would slowly return to the pre-shift level. The difference would be that every BTC holder would have 10 times the unit quantity value-wise (100 BTC would be equivalent to 10,000 BTC).

The OP suggests 05/11/2012 12:00h Greenwich (UK.time) as the coordinated time to switch.

Of course, if the move isn't coordinated it leads to much head scratching and many canceled transactions.
Raoul Duke (OP)
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:47:34 PM

He's talking about moving the decimal to automatically and immediately increase relative BTC value.

Right now there is a fledgling economy where real goods and services are bought for bitcoins. Because these are also bought in other currencies like the dollar there can be established an exchange rate between bitcoins and other currencies. Right now that exchange rate, according to Mt.Gox is about 1 BTC per 5 USD.

However, there is no hard fast rule about what the exchange quantities should be. This is why the OP talks about "PUTCALL-SPLIT". Puts and calls are terms related to stock options, but the OP really means a "stock-split".

Stock holders generally favor these with little reason to be against them because net worth doesn't go down (it often goes up). If I own 500 shares of GOOGLE and the company does a 2 for 1 stock split then I now own 1000 shares of GOOGLE. I don't own any more of the company because the company also doubles the amount of shares it has total. Meanwhile, in the stock market if the price was $500 per share it will likely drop immediately to $250 per share. I've lost no net worth, but the cool thing about stock splits is for strong companies (like Google) the price per share usually returns to its pre-split levels.

The concept to take away from this is that subjective value can be changed by adjusting ownership quantities with no ill-effect to owners.

Remembering goods and services are now traded for bitcoin: let's say it takes 1 BTC to buy 1 pack of socks, or 10 btc to secure the cheapest thing from Silk Road (I wouldn't know  Tongue). If everyone, at least a good majority, decided to move the decimal 2 places to the left for every BTC transaction they would lose no value, and the sellers of these items would either refuse the change or go out of business, for BTC at least.

The move would have to be coordinated where everybody switched at the same time to catch on. If they did sellers would likely lose no value either because the exchange rate between USD and BTC, like stock splits, would slowly return to the pre-shift level. The difference would be that every BTC holder would have 10 times the unit quantity value-wise (100 BTC would be equivalent to 10,000 BTC).

The OP suggests 05/11/2012 12:00h Greenwich (UK.time) as the coordinated time to switch.

Of course, if the move isn't coordinated it leads to much head scratching and many canceled transactions.

So, why did he locked the threads? And why didn't he explained it like you just did?
acoindr
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:53:41 PM

So, why did he locked the threads? And why didn't he explained it like you just did?

He locked the thread because the coordinated time to switch can't be subject to debate if it has any chance of working. (not that it has much chance anyway)
Raoul Duke (OP)
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:57:13 PM

He locked the thread because the coordinated time to switch can't be subject to debate if it has any chance of working. (not that it has much chance anyway)

No point on debating the schedule, but at least the validity of the request would need to be debated, no?
acoindr
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 11:04:16 PM

No point on debating the schedule, but at least the validity of the request would need to be debated, no?

I would think so, but he had two choices: 1) Ensure no discussion, and no debate, and hope it's enough for everyone to act. 2) In the attempt to get agreement, allow discussion with risk of many differing views confusing everyone.
check_status

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 11:12:13 PM

It's a very bad french joke or troll.
It is someone familiar with a foreign language writing in english then using 'translate' from google or Chrome.

The gist appears to be some scheme to raise the price of bitcoins by adding double zero's to all transactions on May 12 2012. Unfortunately he is only informing Non-English speakers.

It could be some type of PsyOP by a shadow government to further Agenda 21!

Stay thirsty my friends.

Edit: That's what I get for letting my dog out, acoindr beats me to the gist.

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 11:18:08 PM

my gist was even gistier

*gists*

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: