Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:58:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $275.00 Just hit on Bstamp Sun 16:50 GMT 05/10/14  (Read 6293 times)
RockHound (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:13:07 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2014, 03:51:17 PM by RockHound

My order this week just got fully filled Cheesy

Is this to do with Russia Ban 2.0? http://cointelegraph.com/news/112668/russia-to-issue-ban-and-fines-for-cryptocurrency-use
Bitcoin Core developer Peter Todd new BTC protocol upgrade? https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/checklocktimeverify-means-bitcoin-escrow-refunds-fork/
Cyberattack Compromises 76Mil JPMorgan Accounts https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-price-analysis-cyberattack-compromises-76mil-jpmorgan-accounts/

Don't know these days but anyway - Who thinks we are heading lower this weekend?
RockHound (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:32:13 PM

I personally think $360 range is the floor and gotta be careful trading as a spike to $500 range will happen very quickly.

Sub $300 will never happen again - just in my humble opinion - I could be wrong

ravenjt

Activity: 215

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:36:17 PM

I personally think $360 range is the floor and gotta be careful trading as a spike to $500 range will happen very quickly.

What's your reasoning? Do you think that there is a lot of pent up demand in the 300-360 range? Not clear that's the case, to me at least.
What else would support 300+?
mano21

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:40:39 PM

I think we will test 300 for a long time.
RockHound (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:00:18 PM

What's your reasoning? Do you think that there is a lot of pent up demand in the 300-360 range? Not clear that's the case, to me at least.
What else would support 300+?

Hi brother - yeah, it's just based on previous rebounds that occurred this year (25th Feb; 11 Apr; 20th May; 18th Aug)

It's just that I wouldn't be surprised if we were to rebound in a similar fashion as the other times at this level, would you?

Stability around Sub $300 prices like in Oct 2013 seems extremely unlikely as significant volume would have to leave the market.
Let's say the BPI is @ $275; the marketcap would be at around 3.6Bil.
It's currently at around 5Bil, so 1.4Bil would have to leave the market.

It could happen, but I don't think my fellow traders who have set limit orders to buy @ $275 range will get picked up
RockHound (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:03:54 PM

I think we will test 300 for a long time.

Hey man - Yeah, I mean has been definitely following an apparent down-trend for sure.

I still think several large volume transactions will be arranged shortly to increase BPI ~$500, but I could be wrong.

Hope you get picked up around your $300 range mate  Cool
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:53:35 PM

We have trickled down to sub $400 without any deluge of panic selling.

What do you think the end result might be when panicked fingers do start pulling the trigger?

Fresh capital isn't coming to Bitcoin, quite the opposite. The only investors waiting with baited breath for a trend reversal and a break out are all the bagholders looking to claw back some of their lost wealth.

Bitcoin is ultimately going low. Real low. Where it will stay for a long time allowing for an adoption network to grow, where Bitcoin can be used as a means of payment, as opposed to as a speculative investment vehicle, that is if a $100 range or double figure Bitcoin value doesn't indeed kill it due to the high costs of mining and hence keeping the p2p network operational.

The full volume of hot air that has went into the Bitcoin balloon has deflate out of Bitcoin before it can be used for the purpose it was meant to be used for.

Seriously, forget about Bitcoin as an investment for the time being. I have, and thank fuck that I did finally fold my hand back in June and leave the table. Thousands of others have also done the same and as the liquidity in the market continues to shrink, the probability of losing will continue to increase.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
RockHound (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:11:45 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 12:55:45 AM by RockHound

What do you think the end result might be when panicked fingers do start pulling the trigger?

Fresh capital isn't coming to Bitcoin, quite the opposite. The only investors waiting with baited breath for a trend reversal and a break out are all the bagholders looking to claw back some of their lost wealth.

Bitcoin is ultimately going low. Real low. Where it will stay for a long time allowing for an adoption network to grow, where Bitcoin can be used as a means of payment, as opposed to as a speculative investment vehicle, that is if a $100 range or double figure Bitcoin value doesn't indeed kill it due to the high costs of mining and hence keeping the p2p network operational.

The full volume of hot air that has went into the Bitcoin balloon has deflate out of Bitcoin before it can be used for the purpose it was meant to be used for.

Seriously, forget about Bitcoin as an investment for the time being. I have, and thank fuck that I did finally fold my hand back in June and leave the table. Thousands of others have also done the same and as the liquidity in the market continues to shrink, the probability of losing will continue to increase.

Hey brother Mat!  How are you doing mate - it's been ages, what a ride it has been.

Your right dude, the last time we spoke you helped us out with allocating my Superannuation in BTC - picking up a tidy sum @ $480.

Been working like a demon day and night, retailing ~50% of holdings on Localbitcoins as a pro trader - That original 50% of holdings is now ~89% - respectfully profitable. If not for my retail margin and moving money overseas I'd be hurting hard right now.

Always had the mind set that if gonna take the plunge investing hard in BTC, gotta have a way of increasing holdings to negate the price index volatility.

I'm sorry you've liquidated back to fiat brother for now, at least you took part in this experiment - guess we'll have to wait and see what BTC's fate will be. I'm still perhaps a little naive and think BTC's price will be over $5000 in a relatively short amount of time - could be dreaming tho Cheesy

You made some good points about liquidity problem, but my friends and this guy thinks the index is ultimately governed by the Consensus Algorithm at the moment and that a new algorithm should/will be refined by Bitcoin Core Developer community - Have you seen this? :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-TLA3j-ic4

exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:14:16 PM

Who thinks we are heading lower this weekend?

We're heading much, much lower.
bigasic

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:16:11 PM

I think sub 300 is not only possible but probable. once we hit sub 360, in my opinion that means there is no end to this madness. come on whales, stop it! just put in a few million to get the ball rolling, this price cant be good for you guys either...ehh, who really cares. I care what the price will be in 10 years. if it goes any lower, Ill have to find some fiat to purchase, because this price is a good deal...

Who was the guy that was bragging that he was buying a ton at the 400 mark because he inherited some money? well, look at it now, if its a deal then, its a hell of a deal now, lol.. Its time to buy..
RockHound (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:33:39 AM

Who thinks we are heading lower this weekend?

We're heading much, much lower.

Right on man - seems like it's going further $353.75 is lowest so far - might be some more dump action tonight
RockHound (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:54:38 AM

I think sub 300 is not only possible but probable. once we hit sub 360, in my opinion that means there is no end to this madness. come on whales, stop it! just put in a few million to get the ball rolling, this price cant be good for you guys either...ehh, who really cares. I care what the price will be in 10 years. if it goes any lower, Ill have to find some fiat to purchase, because this price is a good deal...

Who was the guy that was bragging that he was buying a ton at the 400 mark because he inherited some money? well, look at it now, if its a deal then, its a hell of a deal now, lol.. Its time to buy..

Yeah true mate - I think this is a great time to buy, we might see sub $300, I would be properly surprised if we do
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:57:29 AM

I think what you actually did was buy high and sell low, and more than once.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 03:06:05 AM

My last shit trade was to buy at $620, and sell at $535, and that was despite imploring a friend of mind, who with borrowed money invested £5000 on bitcoin at $640, to cut his losses at $620, $590, etc. I don't know what came across me to go against what I preached....ah yes I do, the same old impulsive rush of blood to the head that makes me a shit trader.

Not good. But better than holding 15 Bitcoin worth $350 a punt today, innit!?

The funny thing is, I made all the lionshare of my profits trading Bitcoin when I never had a clue even what a MACD was. Basically from late Nov, whilst also timing a couple of flash crashes brilliantly. But since then, we have had a brutal bear market, which necessarily entails liquidity leaving the market which necessarily entails fewer and fewer winners.

Bitcoin right about now is not be touched.

U honestly think that this sucker aint going right down into $200 range and possibly even below that?

We aint even seen any panic selling yet....just wait till that kicks in.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 03:43:08 AM

My last shit trade was to buy at $620, and sell at $535, and that was despite imploring a friend of mind, who with borrowed money invested £5000 on bitcoin at $640, to cut his losses at $620, $590, etc. I don't know what came across me to go against what I preached....ah yes I do, the same old impulsive rush of blood to the head that makes me a shit trader.

The funny thing is, I made all the lionshare of my profits trading Bitcoin when I never had a clue even what a MACD was. Basically from late Nov, whilst also timing a couple of flash crashes brilliantly. But since then, we have had a brutal bear market, which necessarily entails liquidity leaving the market which necessarily entails fewer and fewer winners.

U honestly think that this sucker aint going right down into $200 range and possibly even below that?

I have no idea where the selling ends. I do know that the newsflow and infrastructure etc throughout the year after gox has been overwhelmingly positive and it is difficult to relate the exchange price to progress in the bitcoin economy in general this year. A bear market after a 100x superbubble isn't a surprise. If we break below 266 I will be surprised and a bit disappointed.

My personal view is that the bear market is being exaggerated by some big players who want to get in as cheaply as possible. If that is the case then there is a limit to how low they will suppress the market if they hope to find new bitcoiners to buy the market back up next year without damaging future user adoption significantly. A crash into the low 2xx or 1xx would signal the end of bitcoin as a rising global internet payments currency and payment network. It requires a substantial market cap to make it worthwhile for companies like Dell, overstock, newegg, paypal from using it for customers. I believe silicon valley has become involved due to the global potential of bitcoin going forward. Why else would a 100 billion dollar company like dell implement a payment system that only between 300,000 and 2 million people use globally, especially one with associations to the dark web and cyber crime? The amount of money dell will gain through implementing bitcoin this year is beyond trivial.

I also don't believe that increased merchant adoption is driving the price declines. Miners may add a small amount of sell pressure but it is speculators who are exaggerating the moves. Panic selling? The overwhelming majority of people who were weak hands are out already. We are over 70% down from the ATH. Anyone left is a true believer.

The price could trickle lower, sure. But the market will turn, shorts will burn, trolls will evaporate and a wall of worry bull market will arise. The on ramps have been simpletonified for future users (circle) and bitcoin will be sold as a digital commodity to stock investors via the ETF. I cannot imagine wall street missing out on the immense bubble opportunities bitcoin represents going forward.

COI: purely my opinion!
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:12:43 PM

$345
RockHound (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:40:41 PM

$345

Cheers for update, I just woke up, loads of people want to buy BTC off me very early this morning - they should have waited? : )

I'm still gonna be shocked if we spend significant time around the sub $300 zone (but admit we're pretty close now)
RockHound (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:53:59 PM

Good man Mat! Always honest - thanks for that

Your right many thousand of people in same boat - even though I have made much more BTC by retailing I'm nowhere near where I want to be and still hoping for stability around the $700+

MTC might be back again one day, if right, coming in around the double-digit range
RockHound (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:57:43 PM

I have no idea where the selling ends. I do know that the newsflow and infrastructure etc throughout the year after gox has been overwhelmingly positive and it is difficult to relate the exchange price to progress in the bitcoin economy in general this year. A bear market after a 100x superbubble isn't a surprise. If we break below 266 I will be surprised and a bit disappointed.

My personal view is that the bear market is being exaggerated by some big players who want to get in as cheaply as possible. If that is the case then there is a limit to how low they will suppress the market if they hope to find new bitcoiners to buy the market back up next year without damaging future user adoption significantly. A crash into the low 2xx or 1xx would signal the end of bitcoin as a rising global internet payments currency and payment network. It requires a substantial market cap to make it worthwhile for companies like Dell, overstock, newegg, paypal from using it for customers. I believe silicon valley has become involved due to the global potential of bitcoin going forward. Why else would a 100 billion dollar company like dell implement a payment system that only between 300,000 and 2 million people use globally, especially one with associations to the dark web and cyber crime? The amount of money dell will gain through implementing bitcoin this year is beyond trivial.

I also don't believe that increased merchant adoption is driving the price declines. Miners may add a small amount of sell pressure but it is speculators who are exaggerating the moves. Panic selling? The overwhelming majority of people who were weak hands are out already. We are over 70% down from the ATH. Anyone left is a true believer.

The price could trickle lower, sure. But the market will turn, shorts will burn, trolls will evaporate and a wall of worry bull market will arise. The on ramps have been simpletonified for future users (circle) and bitcoin will be sold as a digital commodity to stock investors via the ETF. I cannot imagine wall street missing out on the immense bubble opportunities bitcoin represents going forward.

COI: purely my opinion!

I don't think merchant adoption is contributing to the price profile - I think it's more to do with mining. Here again is a video explaining:

It's from two weeks ago, and the guy has offered a small bounty for integration suggestions http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-TLA3j-ic4
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:59:37 PM

329 at btce.......

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: