Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:14:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop using the term "weak hands"  (Read 5091 times)
jcoin200 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:13:37 PM

Most people here have deluded themselves into thinking btc is going to skyrocket sue to "imminent mass adoption!"  Clearly this is not the case, and lots of former bulls are now facing the facts and turning bearish.  One of the ways people tell themselves they are right is saying anyone who sells is a "weak hand."  Funny because you should be calling them "smart hands."

I'll admit I had high hopes for btc, but the last bubble has no reason to repeat itself: There's no new money coming in from anywhere in the world, adoption by merchants just essentially creates lots of sell pressure, and the media is doing its job scaring people away from btc by associating it with illegal activity.

Also, what happens if another exchange (maybe btc-e??) goes down.  BTC couldnt handle that.

Good luck to holders though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:16:58 PM

Most people here have deluded themselves into thinking btc is going to skyrocket sue to "imminent mass adoption!"  Clearly this is not the case, and lots of former bulls are now facing the facts and turning bearish.  One of the ways people tell themselves they are right is saying anyone who sells is a "weak hand."  Funny because you should be calling them "smart hands."

I'll admit I had high hopes for btc, but the last bubble has no reason to repeat itself: There's no new money coming in from anywhere in the world, adoption by merchants just essentially creates lots of sell pressure, and the media is doing its job scaring people away from btc by associating it with illegal activity.

So is your suggestion to sell all the  bitcoin now ? I think this is not the real solution Wink .   The price will  raise  (  I think)  in the next block reward halving (2016) .

jcoin200 (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:19:22 PM

Most people here have deluded themselves into thinking btc is going to skyrocket sue to "imminent mass adoption!"  Clearly this is not the case, and lots of former bulls are now facing the facts and turning bearish.  One of the ways people tell themselves they are right is saying anyone who sells is a "weak hand."  Funny because you should be calling them "smart hands."

So is your suggestion to sell all the  bitcoin now ? I think this is not the real solution Wink .   The price will  raise  (  I think)  in the next block reward halving ( 2016 ) .

I'm not trying to give anyone trading advice, but people here seem to think calling others "weak hands" somehow makes it ok that they are losing money if they are holding btc.  Obviously it has potential to rise, but there is no logical reason it would be soon.
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:19:27 PM

So is your suggestion to sell all the  bitcoin now ? I think this is not the real solution Wink .   The price will  raise  (  I think)  in the next block reward halving (2016) .

It won't raise! The KNOWLEDGE of halving is weighted in to the current price already. Don't you know anything about the markets?
Chuckee

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:23:54 PM

So is your suggestion to sell all the  bitcoin now ? I think this is not the real solution Wink .   The price will  raise  (  I think)  in the next block reward halving (2016) .

Drop your false hope! At present, this market requires approximately $1.8 million USD EVERY DAY to maintain price levels. 3,600 coins are being minted every day, and there is not even demand for the ones out there now! The net halving will not happen until late 2016, at least. There are too many coins and not enough people who want them!

Just look around here, the same 2 or 3 dozen bulls and a few bears every single day. This is the premier bitcoin forum, and nobody even cares!
Sevvero

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:25:09 PM

Hope is for slobs and losers who refuse to work a normal job and want to get rich on "quick schemes".
Mellnik

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:25:49 PM

Wrong section. Or are you asshole just posting in Speculation to gain more attention like a dumb facebook attention crackwhore?
Sevvero

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:27:49 PM

Wrong section. Or are you asshole just posting in Speculation to gain more attention like a dumb facebook attention crackwhore?
Anger won't make the price go up.
Anger won't make you less ashamed in front of your family for the stupid son they have.
jcoin200 (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:28:04 PM

"you can't handle the truth!!!!!!!"
Mellnik

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:30:58 PM

"you can't handle the truth!!!!!!!"

k!!!!!!!1
ilpirata79

Activity: 353
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:31:22 PM

weak hands sell now
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:33:09 PM

Weak hands is not a bitcoin term, it happens in all sorts of investing.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4475

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:33:50 PM

they are losing money if they are holding btc. 

You only lose when you sell for less than you paid.

Nobody has ever lost money by holding.

Sevvero

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:36:13 PM

Are you literally stupid?

I mean literally, like IQ under 90?

Because you do realise what unrealised losses are?

Or not?

How dumb are you?
Chuckee

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:37:07 PM

Please stop with this already. It's an unrealized loss, which doesn't make it any less real.
ravenjt

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:42:22 PM

It is incredible how many people on this forum have convinced themselves that this is the case.

Fundamentally, the value of the assets we hold is the amount of utility they can provide, in terms of consumption goods.
Consumer price inflation measures the buying power of fiat.
The current BTC/USD price, adjusted for consumer price inflation (which is tiny compared to BTC/USD volatility), tells you the buying power of BTC.
That buying power has crashed.
You definitely have made a loss, even if you haven't actually sold.
jcoin200 (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:43:06 PM

Please stop with this already. It's an unrealized loss, which doesn't make it any less real.

Like I said in the op, people defending holding are delusional.  Yes your losses this year are real, but good luck if you are continuing to "strong handedly" take your losses  Grin
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:51:21 PM

Like I said in the op, people defending holding are delusional.  Yes your losses this year are real, but good luck if you are continuing to "strong handedly" take your losses  Grin

Another weak hand on ignore Smiley
Sevvero

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:52:13 PM

Another weak hand on ignore Smiley
Strong hand to the financial grave.

Ignoring people is like ostrich putting head in sand.

Can't see, can't hear, means it's not there right?

Grow up, what are you 12?
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4475

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:09:59 PM

You definitely have made a loss, even if you haven't actually sold.

LOL

No, I haven't made a loss. I did however make a profit when I held my $68 coins after they crashed from $266 all the way down to $50, didn't panic, sold a few for $155 on a "dead cat" bounce, and bought back in at $97, and held when they crashed down to $66.

Good thing I didn't sell and "realize" a loss.

Sometimes I think that around here common sense is as rare as a bear with a 3-digit IQ.

Sigh.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: