Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:32:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Checks : R3  (Read 13508 times)
psjbeisler (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 03:51:52 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 02:11:05 PM by psjbeisler

I had an idea for "better" Bitcoin checks...

Making a comeback!
  • Funding QR Code and full text address for verification
  • Firstbits for check numbers and easy verification of your transactions
  • Redeemable Mini Private Key protected by scratch off hologram
  • Packs of 30 available for order
  • Checkout is now hosted
  • Currently ~$0.30 each
  • Free shipping everywhere
  • Printed protection on back
       (Private keys are light grey)

R1:
R2:
Full length private key
Mini private Key
R3:
Sticker on back
Printed protection on back
R4:
Inkjet printed
Laser printed

More information and checkout at: https://store.psjb.me/

Thanks for any feekback![/list]

Donations: 1N6iADU4xrQRGaxjTY9PcJKkEQDRkBVUC3
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MelMan2002

Activity: 461
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 03:59:55 AM

How do you mean you are giving away 25 for free?  I don't see any mention of that on the website..

19F6veduCZcudwXuWoVosjmzziQz4EhBPS
ccliu

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 04:01:51 AM

I'd like some for free
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 04:07:07 AM

I would also like some for free.

mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 04:14:28 AM

Count me in for a freebie please!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 04:17:37 AM

I'm in for the freebie too! I'll give a review when I get it, thanks. Grin
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 07:15:22 AM

Is this an "idea" or a product that is ready to be shipped?

What format is the private key under the halogram in?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 07:17:33 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2012, 07:51:06 AM by SgtSpike

I like it... but how do we trust you not to up and steal all the coins in the private key one day?

Still, a nice twist on the classic redeemable Bitcoin idea.

EDIT:  Would also like one for free.  Wink
ShadowAlexey
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 07:24:55 AM

Want one to try.
psjbeisler (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 10:09:46 PM

Alot of the posts and updates ended up on Twitter and Google+ instead of on my site actually.

"I like it... but how do we trust you not to up and steal all the coins in the private key one day?"

I strongly feel a legit business model has a longer shelf life than a corrupt one...
I don't keep logs or copies of the information provided, not just for your sake but for mine as well. If I kept a copy of addresses/keys and that list got compromised I would get blamed anyhow (as I should be).

I know I have ZERO creditably right now which is the reason for the freebies, plus user reviews speak louder than my own.

Here is a Private Key example:

Key is clear and legible!

mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 10:47:46 PM

This product is a total win.  I don't know if it would work at the grocery store, but it beats paypal!

The freebie would be nice, but maybe I can propose a trade? 

I make custom vinyl stickers, and I can make some for you in exchange for some cheques!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=31295.0

(I haven't posted in the thread for awhile but I have everything set up still)
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 11:00:08 PM

Alot of the posts and updates ended up on Twitter and Google+ instead of on my site actually.

"I like it... but how do we trust you not to up and steal all the coins in the private key one day?"

I strongly feel a legit business model has a longer shelf life than a corrupt one...
I don't keep logs or copies of the information provided, not just for your sake but for mine as well. If I kept a copy of addresses/keys and that list got compromised I would get blamed anyhow (as I should be).

I know I have ZERO creditably right now which is the reason for the freebies, plus user reviews speak louder than my own.

https://i.imgur.com/GCiucl.jpg
Why did you bother to redact the QR code and the bitcoin address? You can compute the address from the private key.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 11:06:13 PM

Why did you bother to redact the QR code and the bitcoin address? You can compute the address from the private key.

Not sure I want someone who knows that little about how Bitcoin works making Bitcoin financial products. Smiley
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 11:07:47 PM

How do you have firstbits printed on the bills before funding them?  That isn't possible.  You can't just guess what your firstbits will be. You have to get the address in the blockchain first.

psjbeisler (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 11:08:13 PM

That was scrap check where the QR code was misprinted, I just scratched out the address with it.

psjbeisler (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 11:09:51 PM

How do you have firstbits printed on the bills before funding them?  That isn't possible.  You can't just guess what your firstbits will be. You have to get the address in the blockchain first.

When the address is used it will appear in the block chain, I currently use 6 characters to avoid any mismatches, if this proves to be a problem I will switch to 7.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 11:11:16 PM

How do you have firstbits printed on the bills before funding them?  That isn't possible.  You can't just guess what your firstbits will be. You have to get the address in the blockchain first.

When the address is used it will appear in the block chain, I currently use 6 characters to avoid any mismatches, if this proves to be a problem I will switch to 7.

However if someone else funds an address with same prefix before your customer funds his then the check will have the wrong firstbit.
psjbeisler (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 11:12:23 PM

How do you have firstbits printed on the bills before funding them?  That isn't possible.  You can't just guess what your firstbits will be. You have to get the address in the blockchain first.

However if someone else funds an address with same prefix before your customer funds his then the check will have the wrong firstbit.

But they will also have an unfunded check leaving them no reason to check the transaction, also the reason for 6 characters.

notmove

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 11:13:28 PM

I would like some free if your still giving them away.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 11:16:23 PM

But they will also have an unfunded check, also the reason for 6 characters.
To be safe, I'd just send a satoshi to each of the check addresses to get them into the blockchain and have valid firstbits.  I think it's a good idea to have the firstbits on the check, but better to be safe than sorry!  You can use sendmany for each batch to minimize fees.  It wouldn't cost more than a few cents total, definitely worth it IMO if you want to have a product that seems completely legitimate!  Otherwise, you'll keep being asked the same question over and over about the firstbits.  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: