Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:01:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LITHIUM (LIT) - NO PREMINE - BLAKE 256 - MERGE MINED -- HOT NEW COIN --  (Read 52201 times)
Farndogg

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:07:45 PM

Any exchanges lined up?
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smic

Activity: 827
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:44:23 PM

thank you for you explain.
I am that I expressed myself badly ... I was just making an example with the coins that use cryptonote algo...

more hashrate also = better security (from attack 51% etc), better average block time(for transactions), more developers working on code base helping each other out and finding/fixing bugs etc

Blake-256 is also a lightweight algo good in software/hardware and one of the few algo's used that is faster than SHA-256D(Bitcoin etc)
Sure!
I hope that this pool lit.8pool.dtdns.net increases his hashrate
xPooky

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:45:43 PM

thank you for you explain.
I am that I expressed myself badly ... I was just making an example with the coins that use cryptonote algo...

more hashrate also = better security (from attack 51% etc), better average block time(for transactions), more developers working on code base helping each other out and finding/fixing bugs etc

Blake-256 is also a lightweight algo good in software/hardware and one of the few algo's used that is faster than SHA-256D(Bitcoin etc)
Sure!
I hope that this pool lit.8pool.dtdns.net increases his hashrate
more miners should join
BlueDragon747
Legendary

Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 11:49:10 PM

lol I still dont understand why you would just mine 1 coin when you can mine 7

you dont lose any hashrate its like mining all 7 at same time as your shares are submitted to all chains in merge at same time  Roll Eyes

example for 2GH/s GPU

single coin pool

Your 2GH/s = 2GH/s LIT ~ 2GH/s

merge mine pool

Your 2GH/s  = 2GH/s BLC + 2GH/s PHO + 2GH/s BBTC + 2GH/s XDQ + 2GH/s ELT + 2GH/s UMO + 2GH/s LIT ~ 14GH/s if mined separately on single coin pools  

oh well good luck anyways  Cheesy

Info: GithubBlakecoin.org - BCT Blakecoin thread - Twitter - BCS - BlakeZone  Trade Blakecoin: Xeggex.com Merged Mining Pools: EU3 - NY2/AT1 - LA1
Donation Addresses: BLC: Bd3jJftFbwxWSKNSNz35vkDd57kG6jHAjt PHO: BZXPMc8eF9YZcJStskkP2bVia38fv9VmuT BBTC: 2h8c4NbzXJXk6QQ89r7YYMGhe13gQUC2ajD ELT: e7cm6cAgpfhvk3Myh2Jkmi1nqaHtDHnxXb 
UMO: uQH9H17t7kz3eVQ3vKDzMsWCK4hn5nh2gC LIT: 8p8Z4h5fkZ8SCoyEtihKcjzZLA7gFjTdmL BTC: 1Q6kgcNqhKh8u67m6Gj73T2LMgGseETwR6
xPooky

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:28:36 AM

you dont lose any hashrate its like mining all 7 at same time as your shares are submitted to all chains in merge at same time  Roll Eyes

example for 2GH/s GPU

single coin pool

merge mine pool

Your 2GH/s  = 2GH/s BLC + 2GH/s PHO + 2GH/s BBTC + 2GH/s XDQ + 2GH/s ELT + 2GH/s UMO + 2GH/s LIT ~ 14GH/s if mined separately on single coin pools  

why would i mine coins i don't want when i can only mine the coin i want?
is lithium just another way to push the mining of other copins on your pool, and how are you connected to the dev and coin?
will the dev go for POD?
Farndogg

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:32:35 AM

Its free coins, why wouldn't you do it?

example for 2GH/s GPU

single coin pool

merge mine pool

is lithium just another way to push the mining of other copins on your pool, and how are you connected to the dev and coin?
will the dev go for POD?
xPooky

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:54:11 AM

example for 2GH/s GPU

single coin pool

merge mine pool

will the dev go for POD?
many of that coins are not on any good exchange, so i wont need them just to sit around
Farndogg

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:05:22 AM

They could someday be worth a lot. What is the harm in keeping them?

example for 2GH/s GPU

single coin pool

merge mine pool

will the dev go for POD?
many of that coins are not on any good exchange, so i wont need them just to sit around
BlueDragon747
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 01:10:33 AM

will the dev go for POD?

its all based of the Blakecoin source code which I released last year and has been maintained, supported, updated since then, most of the other merged coin devs now help with code base not just for their coin but for all  

the community and devs are ones who need to push any of the coins in the eco system everyone seems to have a favorite with you seems to be LIT which is cool

I helped the devs out with some advice gave them a unused chainid but mostly they did all the work themselves which is good shows they are good devs that can code and work with others which in long run will work to all our advantage

fair launch(no premine,ico,ipo etc) so I dont see how the devs are going to do a P&D more likely its the miners that will dump and if a big trader likes it they may P&D it like they do to most coins  Cry

so far working with the lithium devs has been very easy been busy working on MMO game dev so not had much free time, I am glad the LIT devs have not wasted any of my time they have produced a good coin and I am happy to give it my support  Grin

Info: GithubBlakecoin.org - BCT Blakecoin thread - Twitter - BCS - BlakeZone  Trade Blakecoin: Xeggex.com Merged Mining Pools: EU3 - NY2/AT1 - LA1
Donation Addresses: BLC: Bd3jJftFbwxWSKNSNz35vkDd57kG6jHAjt PHO: BZXPMc8eF9YZcJStskkP2bVia38fv9VmuT BBTC: 2h8c4NbzXJXk6QQ89r7YYMGhe13gQUC2ajD ELT: e7cm6cAgpfhvk3Myh2Jkmi1nqaHtDHnxXb 
UMO: uQH9H17t7kz3eVQ3vKDzMsWCK4hn5nh2gC LIT: 8p8Z4h5fkZ8SCoyEtihKcjzZLA7gFjTdmL BTC: 1Q6kgcNqhKh8u67m6Gj73T2LMgGseETwR6
xPooky

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:12:50 AM

will the dev go for POD?

its all based of the Blakecoin source code which I released last year and has been maintained, supported, updated since then, most of the other merged coin devs now help with code base not just for their coin but for all  

the community and devs are ones who need to push any of the coins in the eco system everyone seems to have a favorite with you seems to be LIT which is cool

I helped the devs out with some advice gave them a unused chainid but mostly they did all the work themselves which is good shows they are good devs that can code and work with others which in long run will work to all our advantage

fair launch(no premine,ico,ipo etc) so I dont see how the devs are going to do a P&D more likely its the miners that will dump and if a big trader likes it they may P&D it like they do to most coins  Cry

so far working with the lithium devs has been very easy been busy working on MMO game dev so not had much free time, I am glad the LIT devs have not wasted any of my time they have produced a good coin and I am happy to give it my support  Grin
I never said they would P&D, why do you bring that up?
BlueDragon747
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 01:13:47 AM

what's a good exchange?

LIT is not even on an exchange yet what if it does not make it to your "Good Exchange" what will you do then?

xPooky

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:18:35 AM

what's a good exchange?

LIT is not even on an exchange yet what if it does not make it to your "Good Exchange" what will you do then?

let me refrase, many of those coins are way older than LIT, so i will say they are long forgoten, and LIT has a chance if it is not only what i think it is, a coin to revive other BLAKE algo coins, since the merged pool has the biggest hashrate and all other coins are mined same time as LIT, so the miners that get LIT will get other coins that they never thought of mining before
BlueDragon747
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 01:20:36 AM

POD not P&D?

are you saying then that they will abandon the coin?

if so thats an easy one more devs about more devs that can adopt it for the community or eco system if a dev decides to quite working on an open source project Roll Eyes

I been working on code base for over a year now I am not going any where as I do enjoy working on this stuff  Grin

BlueDragon747
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 01:23:07 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2014, 01:56:45 AM by BlueDragon747

what's a good exchange?

let me refrase, many of those coins are way older than LIT, so i will say they are long forgoten, and LIT has a chance if it is not only what i think it is, a coin to revive other BLAKE algo coins, since the merged pool has the biggest hashrate and all other coins are mined same time as LIT, so the miners that get LIT will get other coins that they never thought of mining before

look at the github commit dates to see if a coin has been forgotten by the devs, tbh for small teams or single devs its a lot of work as most of us also work full/part time anyways

things take time Fact!

one thing I can say for sure as I said above everyone has a favorite if you dont like the others sell them to someone who does makes no sense to not get them for free if you are mining a Blake-256 merge capable coin

also as you can see some people are mining the merged pools and have got some LIT today a coin they might not have known about or looked if it had not been a blake merged coin maybe they also love what the dev does with it in the future

maybe you dont see what a bonus it is for devs to work together: for one saves time on bug fixes, testing, sharing code, spotting attacks, releasing updated clients, running pools, running nodes etc..

xPooky

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:53:24 AM

POD not P&D?

are you saying then that they will abandon the coin?

if so thats an easy one more devs about more devs that can adopt it for the community or eco system if a dev decides to quite working on an open source project Roll Eyes

I been working on code base for over a year now I am not going any where as I do enjoy working on this stuff  Grin
I don't see why not POD, every new coin has one so why thise to be exception
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 02:20:49 AM

@dev

You should post the 8Pool in the OP.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
kingofalts

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 03:01:41 AM

I think mining muliple coins that you don't want, while easily more profitable, is not good for those coins as it just encourages you to dump the unwanted ones. Great idea, but not for the coins you don't want. They'll easily be dumped and another worthless coin with many worthless bagholders.
Farndogg

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 03:24:56 AM

Tell ya what, Mine on the merge pools and I will give you an address to send the unwanted coins to so you dont have to look at them. I bet we find more lithium blocks then the single pools.

UMO  uht9DtqH3LHwpzcnYaf98tseaNixYRT5cU
PHO  BbegAxWrg7wQGXVmnj21K5bJLEjNWNJUD5
ELT   eQy1A3a4zY7XALoEYyqExYVCQnA2nZnmL3
BBTC  2gyaqU4DceokMnRPzaCG4fSeawAmXhGQzwh
BLC    BU928pUUSkETaeULcgNL2LqjDWJVBNtbFg
XDQ   dUwHkgLezE6SLrc8GhDQ2Q3oiepRtxzLbX

I think mining muliple coins that you don't want, while easily more profitable, is not good for those coins as it just encourages you to dump the unwanted ones. Great idea, but not for the coins you don't want. They'll easily be dumped and another worthless coin with many worthless bagholders.
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:16:26 AM

Tell ya what, Mine on the merge pools and I will give you an address to send the unwanted coins to so you dont have to look at them. I bet we find more lithium blocks then the single pools.

UMO  uht9DtqH3LHwpzcnYaf98tseaNixYRT5cU
PHO  BbegAxWrg7wQGXVmnj21K5bJLEjNWNJUD5
ELT   eQy1A3a4zY7XALoEYyqExYVCQnA2nZnmL3
BBTC  2gyaqU4DceokMnRPzaCG4fSeawAmXhGQzwh
BLC    BU928pUUSkETaeULcgNL2LqjDWJVBNtbFg
XDQ   dUwHkgLezE6SLrc8GhDQ2Q3oiepRtxzLbX

Farndogg, just finished reading the entire forum....and then I get to my idea...but you beat me to it...

Merge mining ALL the coins, is the BEST way to mine ANY coins. Think of it as this way: You have someone who wants to throw some money at you every now and again. Included in the handfull of money he throws at you, is a Silver Dollar...2 Quarters...13 Dimes and 46 Pennies.

By Solo Mining, or mining in a pool that only mines one of the available coins...you are in essence throwing away money. Who cares that the coins are traded on an exchange your not familiar with...get familiar with it...make some MORE money. If you only want the Lithium coins...mine the others at the same time, sell them at whatever exchange you want...and use the money to PAY YOUR ELECTRICITY BILL...

I've been merge mining these coins for months now and will keep mining them for a very long time. Dirac (XDQ) currently trades at between 32,000 and 37,000 sat each. They have taken a bit if a hit just like BTC and everything else. About a month or so ago, XDQ shot all the way up to 196,000 sat each....would you throw that coin away because you don't like an exchange? if so, throw them at me, I'll take all you can mine and throw...

antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:28:49 AM

Just curious question about the blakemerge pool.

Why does it take so long to get an accepted share? Is it because you have to get a confirm on all the merged coins before it counts?

New at merged mining pools.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: