Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:50:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LITHIUM (LIT) - NO PREMINE - BLAKE 256 - MERGE MINED -- HOT NEW COIN --  (Read 52199 times)
erocebootcamp

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:06:09 AM

When asking permission to use my network, Photon and Photon qt, was who asked for this wallet. Not sure if giving credit or lazy lol.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smic

Activity: 827
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:19:53 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2014, 09:54:05 AM by smic

Tell ya what, Mine on the merge pools and I will give you an address to send the unwanted coins to so you dont have to look at them. I bet we find more lithium blocks then the single pools.

I'm curious to understand this fact. that's why I want to experience 8pool as only a single pool. see how many blocks are extracted.
for A&Q about pool contact me . i am delegated by staff in this coin.
8pool has set bonus block finder 1% for best miners now.
is a experiment pool.
...try does not cost anything...
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 10:34:46 AM

I am going to chime in here,

Real developers like BlueDragon , myself and a few other of the core team working on the Blake 256 system have no plans (to my knowledge) to involve ourselves in any of the pod schemes.  Thats a bunch of bs started by people who don't even know how to read code.

The only way to 'prove' something is to release it to the world and see if it holds up.

Our code is on github.  It speaks for itself. If you can hack it, break a coin, take it down..... give it a shot.

You won't be the first to try.  We have had so many attacks from all over the world and things I honestly would  have never thought of it's amazing.

So far we survived them all.

Bitcoin was attacked in the past also several times and even took a few hits. It evolved and survived them all. Our codebase benefits from many many things learned by the attempts to attack bitcoin over the years. We are constantly monitoring our networks and looking for signs of trouble and we actually know what to look for and how to stop problems if someone starts trying anything funny.

I see other coins 'released' with high pod ratings that could be easily messed up without even changing the code or recompiling the client because the people running and releasing the coins just don't know ANYTHING about what they are doing. Suppose we take one of your 'highly rated developer' coins , mine it locally playing around with the clocks on the machines used ..then set them back to normal time and use that modified section of the blockchain to 'connect' to your network.........  The timing problems it could cause would be pretty bad.  Even on a proof of work only coin. If the coin was proof of stake the network would be quite messed up for several hours or even days.  There is a good reason PPC has centralized checkpointing.  Transactions on your blockchain could be reversed.  Coins would vanish and people would not understand why. 

Some coins could be just be "snuffed out" since some people don't bother or know how to update thier code and maintain nodes properly. 
I am not talking about a 51% attack I mean just replaced with an alternate blockchain of the same coin. 
There are a lot of people around who know how to do these things most of them are honest.

I don't attack other peoples coins since innocent people could lose coins.
I would not waste even five minutes of my time with destructive actions when I can work on other things that are constructive.

The proof of "anything" is how well it can stand up to the world. That is why you lock your door at night. That is why banks have guards and vaults to keep money in.  These are necessary controls the world has in place.  If they were not there the banks would get robbed. If no one locked thier home some houses would start to get robbed more often. Houses and banks are robbed now even with the locks and safety measures.  But not nearly as often as if they had zero safety measures.

I also agree with BlueDragon and the others who have posted here about mining a single coin vs. mining all the coins at once.

If you get 7 times your hash power this should be pretty obvious.

If you do not care about the other coins do not put addresses in and I think (not sure) the unclaimed coins become donations. (maybe Blue can clairify that)

Finally a warm welcome for Lithium to the blake 256 family

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
smic

Activity: 827

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:21:37 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2014, 11:34:40 AM by smic

bitcoin have great pool with merged mining and great pool with mining only bitcoin... for example. No monopolist algo and mining. Do you need an example of bitcoin's pools? they are various type of payout pps pplns prop and much more Eligius style...
with the maximum respect for developers blake algo. Obviously.
xPooky

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:53:23 AM

I am going to chime in here,

Real developers like BlueDragon , myself and a few other of the core team working on the Blake 256 system have no plans (to my knowledge) to involve ourselves in any of the pod schemes.  Thats a bunch of bs started by people who don't even know how to read code.

The only way to 'prove' something is to release it to the world and see if it holds up.

Our code is on github.  It speaks for itself. If you can hack it, break a coin, take it down..... give it a shot.

You won't be the first to try.  We have had so many attacks from all over the world and things I honestly would  have never thought of it's amazing.

So far we survived them all.

Bitcoin was attacked in the past also several times and even took a few hits. It evolved and survived them all. Our codebase benefits from many many things learned by the attempts to attack bitcoin over the years. We are constantly monitoring our networks and looking for signs of trouble and we actually know what to look for and how to stop problems if someone starts trying anything funny.

I see other coins 'released' with high pod ratings that could be easily messed up without even changing the code or recompiling the client because the people running and releasing the coins just don't know ANYTHING about what they are doing. Suppose we take one of your 'highly rated developer' coins , mine it locally playing around with the clocks on the machines used ..then set them back to normal time and use that modified section of the blockchain to 'connect' to your network.........  The timing problems it could cause would be pretty bad.  Even on a proof of work only coin. If the coin was proof of stake the network would be quite messed up for several hours or even days.  There is a good reason PPC has centralized checkpointing.  Transactions on your blockchain could be reversed.  Coins would vanish and people would not understand why. 

Some coins could be just be "snuffed out" since some people don't bother or know how to update thier code and maintain nodes properly. 
I am not talking about a 51% attack I mean just replaced with an alternate blockchain of the same coin. 
There are a lot of people around who know how to do these things most of them are honest.

I don't attack other peoples coins since innocent people could lose coins.
I would not waste even five minutes of my time with destructive actions when I can work on other things that are constructive.

The proof of "anything" is how well it can stand up to the world. That is why you lock your door at night. That is why banks have guards and vaults to keep money in.  These are necessary controls the world has in place.  If they were not there the banks would get robbed. If no one locked thier home some houses would start to get robbed more often. Houses and banks are robbed now even with the locks and safety measures.  But not nearly as often as if they had zero safety measures.

I also agree with BlueDragon and the others who have posted here about mining a single coin vs. mining all the coins at once.

If you get 7 times your hash power this should be pretty obvious.

If you do not care about the other coins do not put addresses in and I think (not sure) the unclaimed coins become donations. (maybe Blue can clairify that)

Finally a warm welcome for Lithium to the blake 256 family

There is nothing wrong in POD, it protects buyers investment
But based on this i don't see that the dev will do it, so have a good luck with your coin i unwatch now!
BlueDragon747
Legendary

Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 12:20:45 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2014, 12:54:02 PM by BlueDragon747

bitcoin have great pool with merged mining and great pool with mining only bitcoin... for example. No monopolist algo and mining. Do you need an example of bitcoin's pools? they are various type of payout pps pplns prop and much more Eligius style...

ghash.io, btcguild, bitminter, Eligius, mmpool are all merge mine

my pools all use Eloipool which is by Luke Jr and is also used on Eligius and many other Bitcoin pools, my merge pools are also set to PPLNS based on 5 round data

some pools dont even payout in the coins they are mining so it is possible that some Bitcoin pools that only payout in BTC can be merge mining maybe that how they can do 0% fees and still pay for server costs?

whatever the coin algo etc most if mineable coins have a target of so many coins per day mostly this is not related to difficulty its just the coin target so there are always so many coins in the market to trade no matter if you do/dont merge them

you can trade the other coins for LIT one day if that is truly what you wanted but quite a few miners already trade out any coin they mine for BTC/LTC anyways so is somewhat of a moot point?

But based on this i don't see that the dev will do it, so have a good luck with your coin i unwatch now!

This is and the other blake merged coins are all based on Bitcoin code base so I dont see what involvement with POD scheme will bring, as Cinnamon said many have tried to hack and have failed and "protects buyers investment" I see many invest in Bitcoin which uses are very similar code base just with a different hashing algorithm which is secure and has been independently academically tested(due to it being SHA-3 candidate) for best attack of 2200 or for brute force 2256 which is slightly better than SHA-256D used in Bitcoin which is 2255 due to the extra collision caused by the double hashing

I guess you just want the hype/spin/BS someone else tells you rather than real working systems with real developers  Roll Eyes

I wonder if this was part of a POD scheme  Grin
http://youtu.be/-DT7bX-B1Mg  

Crypto Asian follows me on twitter anyways and I was at the first Satoshi Square - London which was freezing cold  Cry

but still dont see what POD will prevent  Huh 

Info: GithubBlakecoin.org - BCT Blakecoin thread - Twitter - BCS - BlakeZone  Trade Blakecoin: Xeggex.com Merged Mining Pools: EU3 - NY2/AT1 - LA1
Donation Addresses: BLC: Bd3jJftFbwxWSKNSNz35vkDd57kG6jHAjt PHO: BZXPMc8eF9YZcJStskkP2bVia38fv9VmuT BBTC: 2h8c4NbzXJXk6QQ89r7YYMGhe13gQUC2ajD ELT: e7cm6cAgpfhvk3Myh2Jkmi1nqaHtDHnxXb 
UMO: uQH9H17t7kz3eVQ3vKDzMsWCK4hn5nh2gC LIT: 8p8Z4h5fkZ8SCoyEtihKcjzZLA7gFjTdmL BTC: 1Q6kgcNqhKh8u67m6Gj73T2LMgGseETwR6
xPooky

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 02:17:46 PM

ghash.io, btcguild, bitminter, Eligius, mmpool are all merge mine

my pools all use Eloipool which is by Luke Jr and is also used on Eligius and many other Bitcoin pools, my merge pools are also set to PPLNS based on 5 round data

some pools dont even payout in the coins they are mining so it is possible that some Bitcoin pools that only payout in BTC can be merge mining maybe that how they can do 0% fees and still pay for server costs?

whatever the coin algo etc most if mineable coins have a target of so many coins per day mostly this is not related to difficulty its just the coin target so there are always so many coins in the market to trade no matter if you do/dont merge them

you can trade the other coins for LIT one day if that is truly what you wanted but quite a few miners already trade out any coin they mine for BTC/LTC anyways so is somewhat of a moot point?

This is and the other blake merged coins are all based on Bitcoin code base so I dont see what involvement with POD scheme will bring, as Cinnamon said many have tried to hack and have failed and "protects buyers investment" I see many invest in Bitcoin which uses are very similar code base just with a different hashing algorithm which is secure and has been independently academically tested(due to it being SHA-3 candidate) for best attack of 2200 or for brute force 2256 which is slightly better than SHA-256D used in Bitcoin which is 2255 due to the extra collision caused by the double hashing

I guess you just want the hype/spin/BS someone else tells you rather than real working systems with real developers  Roll Eyes

I wonder if this was part of a POD scheme  Grin
http://youtu.be/-DT7bX-B1Mg  

Crypto Asian follows me on twitter anyways and I was at the first Satoshi Square - London which was freezing cold  Cry

but still dont see what POD will prevent  Huh 
so you belive that LIT will be the next BTC i don't know why would you compare them, and yes i want a real working developer why not, so what did this coin bring new to alts, i don't see anything besides copy paste coin, but maybe i am wrong, so please prove me wrong, what is new with this coin and why its not just another shitty copy/paste?
BlueDragon747
Legendary

Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 06:14:48 PM

so you belive that LIT will be the next BTC i don't know why would you compare them, and yes i want a real working developer why not, so what did this coin bring new to alts, i don't see anything besides copy paste coin, but maybe i am wrong, so please prove me wrong, what is new with this coin and why its not just another shitty copy/paste?

I dont have a crystal ball so no idea what Lithium will do in the future but your argument for just mining one coin at a time falls apart if you are trading LIT for BTC/LTC anyways does it not  Roll Eyes

The LIT devs can code the client which means they should be able to not only keep it updated but also add features, something that may not be true even for some POD devs

It is upto the LIT devs and the LIT community to market the coin as it is for any of the crypto coins, I am not the one of the main LIT devs so cannot say what the full plan is as I am busy with my own projects but if I can help LIT with my other work I will Cool

None of the Blake merge coins are copy&paste imho go try it see how far you get, all the coins in the merge have fair launch and have different reward structures why does a solid coin need something new where are the rules that say its a requirement?  

There are still not a lot of merge capable coins about that is a fact!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=769073.msg8668650#msg8668650

Doge only just added AuxPoW and started getting merged mined with LTC almost 6 months after PHO was merged mined with BLC  Grin

Info: GithubBlakecoin.org - BCT Blakecoin thread - Twitter - BCS - BlakeZone  Trade Blakecoin: Xeggex.com Merged Mining Pools: EU3 - NY2/AT1 - LA1
Donation Addresses: BLC: Bd3jJftFbwxWSKNSNz35vkDd57kG6jHAjt PHO: BZXPMc8eF9YZcJStskkP2bVia38fv9VmuT BBTC: 2h8c4NbzXJXk6QQ89r7YYMGhe13gQUC2ajD ELT: e7cm6cAgpfhvk3Myh2Jkmi1nqaHtDHnxXb 
UMO: uQH9H17t7kz3eVQ3vKDzMsWCK4hn5nh2gC LIT: 8p8Z4h5fkZ8SCoyEtihKcjzZLA7gFjTdmL BTC: 1Q6kgcNqhKh8u67m6Gj73T2LMgGseETwR6
xPooky

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:59:55 PM

I dont have a crystal ball so no idea what Lithium will do in the future but your argument for just mining one coin at a time falls apart if you are trading LIT for BTC/LTC anyways does it not  Roll Eyes

The LIT devs can code the client which means they should be able to not only keep it updated but also add features, something that may not be true even for some POD devs

It is upto the LIT devs and the LIT community to market the coin as it is for any of the crypto coins, I am not the one of the main LIT devs so cannot say what the full plan is as I am busy with my own projects but if I can help LIT with my other work I will Cool

None of the Blake merge coins are copy&paste imho go try it see how far you get, all the coins in the merge have fair launch and have different reward structures why does a solid coin need something new where are the rules that say its a requirement?  

There are still not a lot of merge capable coins about that is a fact!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=769073.msg8668650#msg8668650

Doge only just added AuxPoW and started getting merged mined with LTC almost 6 months after PHO was merged mined with BLC  Grin
So if we have a coin that so far has only different reward structure than other, why should people mine it and hold it, does it sounds reasnable?
EDIT: and where is the dev, i think he should join this conversation
electron-coin

Activity: 521
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:22:29 PM

@xPooky,

If you want to consolidate your different blake-256 merged mined coins, you can always trade them via exchanges. 

BlakeTrader is in open beta.  You can also trade your coins there to consolidate the coins.  If you really like one coin, for example BlakeBitcoin (BBTC), you can set your pool setting to have the other coins (ELT, BLC, PHO, UMO) withdraw directly to your BlakeTrader sentTo addresses where they would be automatically converted into BBTC.  I don't see having many different coins as a downside to merged mining.

Lithium LIT should be added to BlakeTrader once there are some coins floating around.  Welcome to the blake-256 family!

▀▀▀▀▀▀     BRIDGEX NETWORK  │ LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:08:34 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2014, 08:21:01 PM by antonio8

Does anyone have an official link to the Dirac (XDQ) wallet? Link says page not found.

Just started merge mining at the Blakecoin pool and trying to install wallets.

Edit: For Windows

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 10:14:50 PM

Lithium is now mined on the Merged Anonymous Pool!!

http://nomp.universalmolecule.co.ve/

Enjoy! Smiley

lithiumc (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:09:30 AM

Thanks for the add -- o.p. updated

Lithium is now mined on the Merged Anonymous Pool!!

http://nomp.universalmolecule.co.ve/

Enjoy! Smiley
rudn

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:13:03 AM

Hello,

I've some question?

Lthiumcoin = LIT
LightCoin = LIT

Ok LightCoin is dead, but the same short Name???

Rudn
Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:34:55 PM

Maybe better change to LITH?
skymax

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:09:39 PM

yes, but any exchange for this coin ?

antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:30:50 PM

Probably not as long as two coins share the same ticker. And if Light Coin (LIT) was out first no exchange will probably take Lithium Coin.

But I am still mining as I am sure the dev will take care of this. The quicker the better.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:47:46 AM

1st post need organize.
Any news?

{
"blocks" : 3830,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 40942.42914748,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 421833500081,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}
Equalizer1970

Activity: 623

Fortune favours the bold!

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:11:46 AM

Probably not as long as two coins share the same ticker. And if Light Coin (LIT) was out first no exchange will probably take Lithium Coin.

But I am still mining as I am sure the dev will take care of this. The quicker the better.

Why isn't Lithium on BlakeTrader yet? Seems like a no brainer.
ilovecudacompute

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:52:35 PM

Great coin
I hope we see an exchange down the road
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: