Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:50:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Escrow wanabee  (Read 1026 times)
Markov (OP)

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

Breizh Atao

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:27:28 AM

Hi everyone,

I'd like to start offering some escrow services but would like to know what would people look into to trust someone to be their escrow. As a background I'm a 38yrs old family man, work as a civil servant for the British government and can provide ID. I'm also an ACCA member so have to obey to some ethics rules which I believe in. What else would people like to see and where would be best to advertise my services?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
faimansala

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:42:38 AM

i think people look for these things

1- trust score

2- activity
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:45:31 AM

1- trust score

2- activity

No, activity means nothing. It just determines a few things, like your rank. Your trust score is also redundant because it's easily abused. Your trust, however, is what's looked at and your score doesn't determine it.
faimansala

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:54:45 AM

1- trust score

2- activity

No, activity means nothing. It just determines a few things, like your rank. Your trust score is also redundant because it's easily abused. Your trust, however, is what's looked at and your score doesn't determine it.

then whats your opinion man ?
Markov (OP)

Breizh Atao

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:57:57 AM

1- trust score

2- activity

What would make you trust me to become an escrow if you needed it?

acs267

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:59:28 AM

1- trust score

2- activity

Some people have done numerous deals and have not received trust, but just a trust score.

Trust, to me, is when a large part of the community is able to trust you, or, another person trusted is able to trust you.

A ID means nothing.

Being a family-man means nothing.

ACCA, and ethical values mean absolutely nothing when you're on a screen and want to become a escrower. I'm sure that Devthedev, Monbux, escrowms, and other big escrowers did not come across that way.

1- trust score

2- activity

faimansala

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:15:24 PM

and when there are so many guys as escrow why would someone use u as escrow ?
Markov (OP)

Breizh Atao

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:45:30 PM

1- trust score

2- activity

Some people have done numerous deals and have not received trust, but just a trust score.

Trust, to me, is when a large part of the community is able to trust you, or, another person trusted is able to trust you.

A ID means nothing.

Being a family-man means nothing.

ACCA, and ethical values mean absolutely nothing when you're on a screen and want to become a escrower. I'm sure that Devthedev, Monbux, escrowms, and other big escrowers did not come across that way.

1- trust score

2- activity

Ok, so in your case you think trust is when a large community trusts you as a community member. My question is how do you start an escrow business then? It is a bit Catch-22 situation.

yogg
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 02:14:51 PM

I would advise you to start advertising your escrow service on thread where people are doing business.

Because you are starting, focus on the small deals and slowly build your trust over time.
Don't charge a fee, but mention that you accept tips.
Markov (OP)

Breizh Atao

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 03:48:38 PM

I would advise you to start advertising your escrow service on thread where people are doing business.

Because you are starting, focus on the small deals and slowly build your trust over time.

Yes, i was thinking of not charging any fee at all until I get more experience. Thanks for the tip!

austin

Activity: 584

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:24:05 PM

Yes, i was thinking of not charging any fee at all until I get more experience. Thanks for the tip!
Aside from being an escrow, doing regular business here will make you seem more trustworthy. Participate in the forums and let your reputation come naturally.
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:41:03 PM

There is no easy way to get into escrowing.

I wish I could escrow, along with hundreds of others, but I don't think that it would be possible.

The only method is to get a lot of trust. (You will mostly also need to be Sr. or Hero member for this)

At Sr. Member/Hero. Member, people may trust you with some trades without escrow, helping you get some small trust.
As you move onto bigger trades, you *might* be able to get some trust.
Then, you can get onto the circle where even a few points on defaulttrust will give you continuous returns, sooner or later getting you enough trust to be an escrow.

Alternatively, start a service.
It should involve transactions with hundreds of people, and should need each person to trust you with only small amounts.
For example, a gambling site. Each user needs to trust you with only cents worth of BTC to gamble, but as it runs, you will get more and more "cumulative trust"
You won't get a green number as quickly, but you will get generally trusted.

Whichever method you take, it won't be really worth it if you are looking for profit.
Monbux has free escrow services, and I doubt you will ever cross his repute.
I'd say that there is already a saturation of escrows, with hundreds looking for a chance, and at this rate, it looks like escrows are going to start paying you to use them.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:51:29 PM

" You don't need trust score to be trusted but you have to be honest "

Hope some day I can use your service.

Good Luck.

Markov (OP)

Breizh Atao

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:54:08 PM

Thanks everyone for your advice. I shall try some of the ideas you have given me. Cheers

SparkedDev

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:48:49 PM

The escrows ship has sailed there is to many people doing it and its becoming difficult as hell to keep up with who is trust worthy or not.

.BITVEST DICE.
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 07:27:12 PM

I still only use the official bitcointalk trusted escrow list escrows. In my opinion, if you can get on then you'll be a successful escrower Smiley

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:39:16 PM

I still only use the official bitcointalk trusted escrow list escrows. In my opinion, if you can get on then you'll be a successful escrower Smiley

The list hasn't been updated for a while.

master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 07:42:03 PM

The list hasn't been updated for a while.

Yeah I know. I've personally only used you, Maidak, and escrow.ms for escrow purposes in the past. I am sure there are a few other high profile members here like OGNasty who are also great escrows but have not tried using them yet.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 08:00:26 PM

As a background I'm a 38yrs old family man, work as a civil servant for the British government and can provide ID. I'm also an ACCA member so have to obey to some ethics rules which I believe in.

This is not relevant to anything. The fact that you don't know the implied qualifications to start an escrow service means you probably shouldn't be one.

Consider this. If I needed escrow service, would I run to you first before trusting myself?

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 10:26:19 PM

You start an escrow service AFTER you already have a large amount of trust feedback.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: