Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:19:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Largest addresses and bitcoin movements.  (Read 2855 times)
inca (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:03:10 PM

So this is chart is interesting:

If this were really a mass exodus and the death of bitcoin then it would probably look very different. Moving the price with such a thin market is trivial. I wouldn't be surprised if something big is announced in the next few days or weeks. Something where we all go, aaaaaah, like the ETF. Or bitcoin could plummet into the center of the earth Smiley

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xiaoxiao
Legendary

Activity: 1274

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:04:59 PM

• troll
  • confirmed
  • bulltard
Xiaoxiao
Legendary

Activity: 1274

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:07:02 PM

esse83

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:07:20 PM

If this were really a mass exodus and the death of bitcoin then it would probably look very different. Moving the price with such a thin market is trivial. I wouldn't be surprised if something big is announced in the next few days or weeks. Something where we all go, aaaaaah, like the ETF. Or bitcoin could plummet into the center of the earth Smiley

Read this http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/2i7bfn/has_anybody_tried_simply_calling_the_lawyer_in/

No ETF ever. If you think they will add an ETF that follows shady exchanges (btc-e for gods sake!) you are a fool. Learn to deal with reality and not fantasy.

“Bitcoin is wild and crazy investment that I’m diversifying out of all the time,” - Gavin Andresen
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:08:15 PM

Do you realize your graph only goes until 7/03, right?

inca (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:08:31 PM

Read this http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/2i7bfn/has_anybody_tried_simply_calling_the_lawyer_in/

No ETF ever. If you think they will add an ETF that follows shady exchanges (btc-e for gods sake!) you are a fool. Learn to deal with reality and not fantasy.

Yes, lawyers for multimillion dollar clients often divulge confidential information to redditors. But thanks for posting nonetheless.
inca (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:09:29 PM

Do you realize your graph only goes until 7/03, right?

Not mine, nabbed from bitcoinmarkets.

And it goes to october the 3rd.
esse83

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:10:09 PM

Yes, lawyers for multimillion dollar clients often divulge confidential information to redditors. But thanks for posting nonetheless.

Guess you didn't read it, it was confirmed by the moderator:

Hi /u/notisis[1]  [+1],
While I'd love this world to be a place where we can blindly believe what people say on the internet, sadly, we don't live in that world. Please submit me some shred of proof and I'll reapprove this post (and remove this comment).
EDIT: I reached out to Kathleen Moriaty via email to confirm /u/notisis[2]  [+1] claim. Below is the email she sent to me in its entirety:
Dear Taylor,
I did speak with a Bitcoin investor about 15 minutes ago, although I was unaware that he intended to quote me or otherwise discuss our conversation. Your message is a useful reminder that I shouldn’t hazard any guesses. The SEC has warned me not to provide people with possible speculative information about the complicated process of launching a new securities product for public sale, so I have been saying either (1)“it could take quite a while, like a year” or (2)“there is really no way to tell, since the regulatory process is very complicated, especially with respect to a new asset like bitcoin.” From now on, I’ll just use statement (2), so if you want to quote me, just use that one. Thanks so much,
Kathleen

Also there is this thing called common sense, ETF following a basket of shady exchanges.. really? You honestly believe that to be a likely outcome.

“Bitcoin is wild and crazy investment that I’m diversifying out of all the time,” - Gavin Andresen
inca (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:11:14 PM

Hi /u/notisis[1]  [+1],
While I'd love this world to be a place where we can blindly believe what people say on the internet, sadly, we don't live in that world. Please submit me some shred of proof and I'll reapprove this post (and remove this comment).
EDIT: I reached out to Kathleen Moriaty via email to confirm /u/notisis[2]  [+1] claim. Below is the email she sent to me in its entirety:
Dear Taylor,
I did speak with a Bitcoin investor about 15 minutes ago, although I was unaware that he intended to quote me or otherwise discuss our conversation. Your message is a useful reminder that I shouldn’t hazard any guesses. The SEC has warned me not to provide people with possible speculative information about the complicated process of launching a new securities product for public sale, so I have been saying either (1)“it could take quite a while, like a year” or (2)“there is really no way to tell, since the regulatory process is very complicated, especially with respect to a new asset like bitcoin.” From now on, I’ll just use statement (2), so if you want to quote me, just use that one. Thanks so much,
Kathleen

Yes, sorry that isn't confirmation it is a reddit post.
esse83

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:13:05 PM

Hi /u/notisis[1]  [+1],
EDIT: I reached out to Kathleen Moriaty via email to confirm /u/notisis[2]  [+1] claim. Below is the email she sent to me in its entirety:
Dear Taylor,
Kathleen

Oh dear. But like I added.. common sense? You think they will allow an ETF that follows shady exchanges? Really? If so please explain why on earth they would do that.

inca (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:14:10 PM

Hi /u/notisis[1]  [+1],
Dear Taylor,
Kathleen

Oh dear. But like I added.. common sense? You think they will allow an ETF that follows shady exchanges? Really? If so please explain why on earth they would do that.

I don't work for the SEC. Nothing you have posted is verifiable or in any way confirmed.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:17:11 PM

Hi /u/notisis[1]  [+1],
Dear Taylor,
Kathleen

"Dear Taylor"

"Signed Kathleen"

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

SERIOUSLY?

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
esse83

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:17:59 PM

Hi /u/notisis[1]  [+1],
Dear Taylor,
Kathleen

I don't work for the SEC. Nothing you have posted is verifiable or in any way confirmed.

That's why I used the word common sense.. oh well nm. Guess you can't get out of your bullbubble. You want reality to fit with your beliefs, sorry but thats not how it works.

esse83

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:19:24 PM

Hi /u/notisis[1]  [+1],
Dear Taylor,
Kathleen

"Dear Taylor"

"Signed Kathleen"

SERIOUSLY?

Normal way to start an email and end it.. I guess experience with this world is not the norm in bitcoin fantasyland.

brg444

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:25:57 PM

Hi /u/notisis[1]  [+1],
Dear Taylor,
Kathleen

Please explain why on earth would you know more about the SEC policies and likelyhood of COIN's acceptance than the top ETF lawyer on Wall Street?

From the horses mouth : “If there weren’t any realistic uses, I wouldn’t be so happy about doing this”

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
maker88

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:27:17 PM

i think they're wondering what about what you posted makes it a confirmation by a qualified individual. as you know no one posting on reddit is going to be credible.
brg444

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:27:42 PM

Hi /u/notisis[1]  [+1],
EDIT: I reached out to Kathleen Moriaty via email to confirm /u/notisis[2]  [+1] claim. Below is the email she sent to me in its entirety:
Dear Taylor,
Kathleen

"Dear Taylor"

"Signed Kathleen"

SERIOUSLY?

Normal way to start an email and end it.. I guess experience with this world is not the norm in bitcoin fantasyland.

again, if you are so foolish as to believe a lawyer would disclose any information about an ongoing SEC ETF approval to a redditor then we can't help you and you'll have to come to your senses yourself.

esse83

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:31:15 PM

Hi /u/notisis[1]  [+1],
Dear Taylor,
Kathleen

Please explain why on earth would you know more about the SEC policies and likelyhood of COIN's acceptance than the top ETF lawyer on Wall Street?

From the horses mouth : “If there weren’t any realistic uses, I wouldn’t be so happy about doing this”

The concept of common sense eludes you. I know nothing about SEC policies like most here, but I do have a mind that can think and add two and two together. That is really all it takes. The ETF would have to follow numbers that are unregulated and in one instance anonymous(btc-e). I'm sure they will be just fine with that.

brg444

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:38:42 PM

Hi /u/notisis[1]  [+1],
Dear Taylor,
Kathleen

The concept of common sense eludes you. I know nothing about SEC policies like most here, but I do have a mind that can think and add two and two together. That is really all it takes. The ETF would have to follow numbers that are unregulated and in one instance anonymous(btc-e). I'm sure they will be just fine with that.

Seems like the concept of common sense also eludes two millionaires, Kathleen Moriarty and law firm Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP. Indeed, in the face of such strong arguments I am not so sure as to why they judged it worthy of going forward with the ETF proposal  Huh Huh Huh

You should propose your "common sense" legal counsil to them. I'm certain they could use it  Wink

esse83

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:43:47 PM

Hi /u/notisis[1]  [+1],
Dear Taylor,
Kathleen

Seems like the concept of common sense also eludes two millionaires, Kathleen Moriarty and law firm Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP. Indeed, in the face of such strong arguments I am not so sure as to why they judged it worthy of going forward with the ETF proposal  Huh Huh Huh

You should propose your "common sense" legal counsil to them. I'm certain they could use it  Wink

I give up, ETF will be approved and bitcoin will be going to $10k when it does. I'm sure it will happen before the end of the year and that this is all just a big hoax. Congratulations on being right. Now enjoy your future riches.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: