Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:55:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchange addresses proposal  (Read 1667 times)
cp70 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 02:11:25 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2014, 02:49:29 PM by cp70

We need to be able to measure how many coins are on exchanges. Fractional banking is a concern. There are many flaws to the proof of reserves process. I propose we create a standard of special exchange addresses. When sending coins to exchanges they must use an address that identifies that it is on an exchange. When an order happens on exchange coins are sent to a new exchange address and we can match time and amount of coins to the exchanges reported volume according to the orderbook but preserves pseudonymity.
LuaPod

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:17:52 AM

We need to be able to measure how many coins are on exchanges. Fractional banking is a concern. There are many flaws to the proof of reserves process. I propose we create a standard of special exchange addresses. When sending coins to exchanges they must use an address that identifies that it is on an exchange. When an order happens on exchange coins are sent to a new exchange address and we can match time and amount of coins to the exchanges reported volume according to the orderbook but preserves pseudonymity.

In the systems I am developing at LuaPod we do not store our funds as float or double values. They are stored in single satoshi increments
(1 = 0.00000001 )

The wallets are not capable of being accessed by the webserver. In fact our balances
can not even be adjusted from the webserver if it were compromised. The main thing
we are doing to create a form of transparency is disclosing full access to the front-end
database. The system in order to continue running and in order to make withdraws must
also pass several steps that are described at : http://xboxtrial.cf/info/info.lua

Companies should move towards being more transparent is what needs to happen
in order for us to get a consensus of what is going on. Most of the money stolen
has actually been because these systems somehow had control over the money in
areas where users had frequent access (such as webservers)
FrigidWinter

Activity: 53

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:05:05 PM

In the systems I am developing at LuaPod we do not store our funds as float or double values. They are stored in single satoshi increments
(1 = 0.00000001 )

The wallets are not capable of being accessed by the webserver. In fact our balances
can not even be adjusted from the webserver if it were compromised. The main thing
we are doing to create a form of transparency is disclosing full access to the front-end
database. The system in order to continue running and in order to make withdraws must
also pass several steps that are described at : http://xboxtrial.cf/info/info.lua

Companies should move towards being more transparent is what needs to happen
in order for us to get a consensus of what is going on. Most of the money stolen
has actually been because these systems somehow had control over the money in
areas where users had frequent access (such as webservers)

SCAM ARTIST JUSTIN FROM OPENEX, ICEYSCRYPT AND BITBAY

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. ACTUALLY JUST DONT USE IT

I also suspect he ran Mt.Gox
LuaPod

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:11:42 AM

Maybe it isn't  necessary. The exchanges could just do a proof of reserves audit. It will make sense to choose an exchange that it was made an audit.
Federal regulations (recently clarified that they apply) require them to have security systems that cover their audit systems.
ontop of that they are required to also have an anti laundering system.

Especially since they qualify as MSB and need a Money Transfer License in order to be operated.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: