Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:18:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FAO dropt: MatTheCat's call for $200 range comes to fruition  (Read 2436 times)
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 12:50:32 AM

I have your post (the one, ridiculing me for calling a penultimate correction down into $200 range) bookmarked on my home desktop, waiting on this day that I felt certain was coming.

You had a 50% chance of being right and a 50% chance of being wrong. 

Therefore it is logically impossible for you to take any credit for being right. 

Aside from the fact that you can't predict the future, your prediction was no different or more informed than the guy who predicted it would go up.

-B-

Actually the people with that logic bought at $1,000 & 900 & 800 & ... all the way down! Its only 50-50% if you let your "investment" stay near the current trading price! If you bought at $1,000 BTC can go up all day everyday for the next year and you still would be very very wrong about your guess. So actually your chance of being right is very very veryyyyyyy small!
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:31:59 PM

This thread Grin

If there are any newcomers, let this be a fucking lesson not to sell any fucking coins when they are undervalued (like selling btc at $5, are you fucking kidding me??)
I think those who lose money in bitcoin become so frustrated, going on the forums trolling and calling anybody who has made money for "bulltard" and lose opportunity to make good investments because of this
krb91

Activity: 254
Merit: 10

Streamies Rocks!!!!

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:48:36 PM

Not trading doesn't mean going all out! Tell me you aren't all out!?
U seem like a scientific type. U will know that in engineering projects, it usually takes a few attempts in calibrating any equipment for any project, let alone one as complex and as subject to metaphysical forces as a digital currency. How likely is it that Bitcoin was 'perfectly calibrated' from the start?

Five years of continuous open-source calibration and real-world testing and it's withstood the test so far.

+1

Bitcoin is still beta software, and that means it's still in the testing and improvement phase. Maybe Bitcoin will be 'perfectly calibrated' when it's finally out of beta.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: