Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:27:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie question : Cloud mining  (Read 2139 times)
BunsenBurner

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:27:11 PM

Best way to make money from bitcoins is to buy them and then forget about them for sometime. Good luck!

How do I know when to sell and where exactly do I sell ?

It is like impossible to tell how the price will move or when the price will hit the high/low. But if you are confident in bitcoin, you may buy some bitcoin and wait for a few years. Consider that a long term investment and don't invest more than you can lose.

Any reputable exchange will work, bitstamp, btc-e, coinbase, localbitcoins, etc.

BunsenBurner

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:29:52 PM

You can make a profit on cex.io by buying GH/s and selling it.  Much like trading.  But just buying the GH/s won't be profitable at all as of the difficulty increasing. 

Don't forget about the maintenance fee on cex.io. You need to pay $0.105 per month for each GH/s which consumes most of your cloud mining revenue.

ligeros

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:00:22 PM

Don't forget about the maintenance fee on cex.io. You need to pay $0.105 per month for each GH/s which consumes most of your cloud mining revenue.

That´s true. Sometimes you can have negative balance on cex.io during several days.

chogath

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:24:35 PM

doesnt hash fast have something as well? or by bitmain.
BunsenBurner

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:45:35 PM

Those are ASIC manufacturers which you can buy miners from. Cloud mining companies are a different thing that takes your money, (claim to) hosts a miner for you, and sends you the bitcoin mined after fees.

ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:45:44 AM

Those are ASIC manufacturers which you can buy miners from. Cloud mining companies are a different thing that takes your money, (claim to) hosts a miner for you, and sends you the bitcoin mined after fees.

THere are cloud mining companies which also are ASIC manufacturers. Zeushash and bitmain are 2 prime examples.
BunsenBurner

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:51:51 AM

THere are cloud mining companies which also are ASIC manufacturers. Zeushash and bitmain are 2 prime examples.

Yup, you are absolutely right. Looks like I made a silly mistake lol.
I didn't notice that Hashnet page at all even though I have checked the Bitmain site dozens of time.

Cloud Mining

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 05:13:49 PM

Yup, you are absolutely right. Looks like I made a silly mistake lol.
I didn't notice that Hashnet page at all even though I have checked the Bitmain site dozens of time.

Cloud Mining of Bitmain is Hashnest and that of GAW miner is Hashlet. Which one u r talking about ?
corki

Activity: 53

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 05:47:30 PM

cloud mining has risk based on the operator not running away.
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 05:59:23 PM

Hi Guys
Sorry if this seems like a silly thread , I am new to bitcoining and I would like to know a little bit more about mining / trading bitcoins. I have been reading some posts from fellow users here concerning cloud mining services. My question is this , How profitable is cloud mining and what is the minimum amount I could use to start mining / trading bitcoins , If possible I would also appreciate if you guys could suggest reliable cloud mining / trading services that I could use . I would really appreciate some response.
Thanks in advance

I will advice you to trade in stockmarkets if you are interested in trading.
Stock markets are more matured and can play with your trading skills there and bitcoin markets.
You can buy bitcoins with the profits.
Peter882

Activity: 543

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 02:57:22 PM

The cloud mining hashrate price is a bit too high now IMO, and so it is hard for you to get profit from them unless difficulty increases very slowly for the coming months.

Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:54:02 PM

Just buy one anniversary pack from LTCgear and use a credit card to pay for it. Go here, http://ltcgear.com and use the coupon code " anniversary1yr ". Either you will ROI in +/-90 days or if they turn out to be a scam before you ROI you can charge back the full amount.

Also, I have done just fine with GAW hashlets, so I don't know why everyone is so down on cloud mining. If most cloud mining is a scam, we have not reached the breaking point yet.
fizzzz

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:16:18 PM

you can always try pbmining like everyone else, despite not them giving you a physical mining location.
Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:57:29 AM

There's so many companies out there that it's hard to choose, but a competition is a good thing. Cloud mining can be profitable if you find a good offer (promo's codes and so on).

soowein

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 12:28:54 PM

Cloud mining is risky because you are trusting the hosting company completely. If they go belly up, so does all of your "virtual equipment". If you still want to proceed, I personally have had some good results with gawminers.com. Apparently, LTCGear has a much cheaper price/MH (about $5.30 vs 20.95 for gaw) but it is seen as a much sketchier company.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: