Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:24:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Trading Rules  (Read 1919 times)
DinaErfan (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:04:18 AM

Hello,
I am new to this forum and thinking about starting to trade bitcoin, what are the rules and requirements to start trading ? and is it risky or safe ?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 02:31:19 PM

There are no set rules. Avoid trades vs. something that can easily be revoked (e.g. paypal). Dont accept 0 confirmations. Use escrow to increase security. Other than that apply general trading advice: dont rush, take your time double and tripple check, dont trade while your head is elsewhere.

Note: since you didnt specify "trade" I assumed digital goods.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:16:38 PM

Hello,
I am new to this forum and thinking about starting to trade bitcoin, what are the rules and requirements to start trading ? and is it risky or safe ?

RULE 1: DON'T trust what people say coz their intentions might to mislead you or its for their own advantage. trust on your own instincts

RULE 2: Don't forget Rule 1
Sniper76

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 04:14:51 PM

Observation will help you Wink

In trading, you can learn without risk, just in looking into order book movement and coin evolution associated to his trading market.

And +1 with waterpile, NEVER buy from a forum/twitter/website... tip. It will always too late Wink

krishatnet

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:29:50 PM

As bitcoin is very volatile risk is high and reward also high. Do some technical analysis by observing charts before buying or selling.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
BTCjust

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:07:56 AM

there is no any rules, just two things fill me with constantly increasing admiration and awe, the longer and more earnestly I reflect on them: the starry heavens without and the moral law within.
arieq

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:37:35 AM

As bitcoin is very volatile risk is high and reward also high. Do some technical analysis by observing charts before buying or selling.

Agreed, but if you're a good trader and you are confident in your analysis, then being down 60% in a volatile asset won't cause panick. If you're in control of your emotions, then the sensible move is to invest more to lower your average buy in price.

kinnu

Activity: 552
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 02:57:38 PM

Trading is always risky but more risk more profit. Always maintain proper stoploss in trading don't go against the trend. Don't invest all the capital in a single trade.

P  A
              █████
▀████▄    ▄████▀
  ▀███   ████▀
    █▀ ▄███▀
      ███▀
    ▄██▀ ▄█▄
   ██▀   ████
 ▄█▀      ████▄
█▀         ▀▀▀▀▀

F  U  L

ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM
                    ▄█████▄▄▄                                        ▄██▀██████▄
         ▄██████ ▄▄▄███▄                                  ▄███▀▀ ████████
        ▄█████████ ▄▄▄ █                                ▄███ █▄██ ▀▀▄▄ █
        ████▀███▀ █████▀█                               ██▀█▄▄███ ██▄█▀
       ███▀ ▄  ██▀███ █                                ▄▄█▀██████▀▀
      ▄███▄▀███▄▄██▄ █                                █▄▄▄█████ █▄
     ███████▄ █ ████▀ █ █    ▄█████████▄                 █ █▀███▀▄████
     ▀███████ █ ██████▀██    ███ ▄▄ ████                  ▀▀▀▀▄▄███████
       ▀███████▄ ▀▀▄▄█ █     ███ ▄▄  ███                       █████████▄▄
          ▀▀██████ ▄▄▄██     ███▄▄▄▄▄███                     ▄▄ █████▀▀ ███▄▄▄
           █▄▄▄▀██ ▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     █████▄         ███▄ █▀ ▄▄██ ▀  █████▄
     ▄▄███▄▄▀▀██ ▄▄▄         ███████████      █████▄       █  ▀█  ████ ██████   ███▄
   ▄██████████▄  ████▄        ▀▀▀███▀▀▀        █████ █▄   █    ██▄▄▄███   █▀     ███▄
   ███████████████████           █▀            ▀▀▀▀ ██  █▀▀██▄  █████▄▄█▀ ▄▄█▄██  █
  █████████████████████                       █▀████████ ███ ███▀▀█████▀ ▄████ ██▄██ 
  ██████ ███████████▄▀██      ▄█████            █▄ ▀█████▄ ▀█ ▀█▄  ███▀ ▄█████  ███ █
  ██████▄████████████▄ ▄   ████████▀             ▀█████████ ▀██ █▄▄█▀ ▄████████▀▀ ██▀
 ▄████▀▀█ ████████████ █  ██ ▀▀▀ ▄                   ▀▀█████ █▄ ▀██ ▄████  ▀█▀▄█████
 █▀▄▄▄▀▀█ ▄ ████████▀  ▄▄█████████                     ▀██ ▄███▄▄▄██ ██     ███▀ ███
 █▀▄▄▄██  ██████▀▀▄▄██████████▄▄█                      ██ ▄▄█▀█████ █ ███  ▄██▀  █████
  ████████ ▀▀ ▄▄███████▀▀                               ▀███▄▄▄▄▄██▄█▄▄██████▀  ██████
stellar1

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:10:55 AM

Depends on your prior trading knowledge & experience. If fresher better to begin elsewhere. If experienced, please backtest your system on BTC (I suggest one of the largest three exchanges in terms of volume) for at least past 6 months....the backtest will reveal enough price patterns to you; hit rate, risk/reward per trade, etc....once you have the stoploss & targets in place begin small and grow size only after you pull in enough from the market.

Happy trading!!!

Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:00:16 AM

Hello,

but at low price, then sold at high price.
redbean2010

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 12:01:24 PM

There is no set rules.  just be careful of paypal trades.
johnevanns

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:34:53 PM

hi,
I'm trading on huobi and I'd like to know if we're sailing with anybody ... on the same boat..  or anybody is anybody here in the chinese exchanges.? 

I always see people claim that  the "Volumes are fake  "             .........!!!!!!!  I've but I don't think that's necessarily false, because I sometimes I'm able to view my position in the order book and history of trades.  furthermore summing up all those they do arrive at 70000 to 20000 btc          what's your opinion on about these exchanges.
bounst

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 05:48:31 AM

are there rules on here? i can't know.  Roll Eyes
Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2212
Merit: 536

Promotional Campaign Manager|Telegram @NrcewkerBTC

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 09:33:56 AM

Don't worry, lad, there are no rules, take good care of your coins

LusyLi

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 01:35:19 PM

Thanks to all, for me it is a very useful info.
HerrAndreas

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:07:23 AM

Hello,

1. Never forget, that you have to tame two deamons and make them your pets. Fear and Greed. Work with them, let them work for you, but never ever let them touch you.

2. it is as risky as you make it. If you can not judge if something you are doing is risky, then you probably shouldnt be doing it anyway (e.g.: juggling running chainsaws, wire walking, or trading bitcoin).

3. If ever you feel you are not 100% in control stop. and take a break.

4. read this: http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/dont-panic/ at least once a week.

5. seriously.

good luck.

It is like the wild west in the movies, like russia in the 90ies.
It´s you, revolutionaries, scamers, gangsters, genuises, greedy soon-to-be loosers, billionares, and  big business at a global private party. It is bitcoin. http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/dont-panic/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: