Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:42:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I was just scammed  (Read 5429 times)
h4xx0r

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 09:25:23 PM

Very rough crowd. I'm sorry if I made a mistake, but I don't want this to happen to anyone else from this person. Yes this is my life savings. When you make just over minimum wage and have 2 kids, then life is tough. I'm also working on bettering myself, but school loans don't help.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my stupidity, but greed got the better of me. I had 1500 XC Coins worth about $700 in todays market. I was offered 3.5BTC, I thought I could sell the coins, buy back the XC and then have some money left over for a better christmas holiday for the kids.

Remember, not everyone is lucky enough to be super smart or savvy. I try my best.

Thank you. I won't add to this post anymore.

Well, i hope that you have learned your lesson. Isn't it quite obvious that he was scamming you?

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
www.al3ashi8.com

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 09:30:28 PM

Next time use an escrow service. I am very sorry for your loss but everyone learns this lesson at least once.
rgenito

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 09:46:18 PM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Using Genitrust Company GPG key published at: https://wallofcoins.com/en/gpg

I am soooo sorry to hear this =\

Earlier `Michail1 tried to scam me in #bitcoin-otc , but I know Michail1 kind of personally, and I know he would *never* pay bitstamp prices (or above bitstamp).

`Michail1 (NOT to be confused with Michail1 ... notice the ` tick symbol) is the actual name of the scammer. I told him that he *must* use my service to purchase BTC from me, and he refused to make a cash deposit first. Simply put: everyone should receive cash deposit first ... it will be *very* hard for them to reverse this, and if you are legitimate and someone scams you into depositing money into their account, filing a police report in the USA is relatively easy.

Very sorry to hear that you were totally scammed, but I tell ya what man, I'd like to offer you some relief. If you're in the USA, PM me with your phone number, and *any* Bitcoin you buy from https://wallofcoins.com (my service), I will have the team credit you an additional 10% in Bitcoin for your first order. (Maximum of an additional 0.1 BTC, and must be purchased no later than Friday end of business day ... sorry, I gotta max somewhere).

I know it's not much, but I know it will help. I truly believe that you got scammed by this individual today because of his serious (and unsuccessful) attempts to scam myself and other friends on OTC today =\
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
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=sARu
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

edit: I decided to be clearer on this and to sign the message.

https://geni.app - Genius – The Crypto Solution to Retirement
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:53:07 PM

You are probably a younger person and it sucks to lose money, especially when you get scammed. Im probably much older than you and I've learned a few lessons in life. Ive been scammed before, but ive always kept my losses to what I could make a come back from if it did turn out to be a scam. Learn from this and next time use escrow or purchase things in baby steps.
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:00:05 PM

Its part of life. Happens to almost everyone.Let it be a lesson for next time and move on. I doubt, you have any other option.
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 12:17:47 AM

I was just informed of this thread.

First, I don't trade in ANY alt coin. EVER.  Never even heard of XF.
I have never spoken to you.

I am VERY easy to find.  I only have ONE user name.  Just google my name (first name is enough) and/or my user name.

Since you're easy to post names of people without showing any proof, then it's your own fault for not at least checking the identify of the person you were scammed by.

MANY people know who I am.  I use my real name, my accounts on ALL forums, email addresses, and domains all have my REAL information with my real address, etc.

I am Michail1
I use Michail1@aol.com
I have Michail1.com, 1michail1.com, michail.com
I always log in from TWO ip addresses (home and work).
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=31539

Do you know who I am or who BobbyL is?   Heh.   I would bet a large sum of bitcoin that you are not being honest with the names you are using.
Take note that Michail1 is not the same as 'Michail1 or MichalL1 or Michael1, etc.   B0bby1 is diff than BobbyL or `BobbyL , etc.

Please post your logs of the scam you claim to have been hit by.  Make it public.  But, be careful whom you blame.

Hell, you may even be able to get the forum OP to see who you were talking to, but it would be easier if you simply check your own messages.  Again, I don't trade anything other than BTC and I don't do it in the forums.  I only buy Casascius coins within this forum.

Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 12:44:56 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 01:08:38 AM by Michail1

Correction.   I didn't know what XC is/was.

PS.  BobbyL isn't even an account on bitcointalk.  I would guess it would be short for Bobby Lee (inventor of LTC) whom I also highly doubt would be interested in your 3.5 worth of XC.  

Just did a google search on the email address you came up with which leads to a classified ad to:
http://www.bitcoinclassifieds.net/ad/7640_582_btc_for_change/

"Greetings to all traders, I have 528 BTC, I want to replace my btc for other currencies, an advantage LTC, NMC, PPC, XPM, FTC, I hope you will contact me for good rate , this is just the beginning Smiley thanks you can email me passat.ltc@gmail.com http://imgur.com/pJVs0fH"

Note 582 vs 528.

The ad is more than 30 days old.  Nice 'picture' of a wallet with plenty of coin going in it.   Additional checking shows that the actual (valid) address in the picture NEVER had 528 coin, let alone 582, in it.  So, even the picture of the address is fake and over 5 months old.

Speaking of 'pictures'..... If I post a picture of Bill Gates, would you believe I am Mr. Gates himself.  I mean, if someone tells you they are me, why would you believe them.  I am still interested in how you contacted the scammer in the first place.  What on Earth made you believe it was me without the slightest in checking?

The only real 'Michail Hoffman' I could find died in 1862, although there is another from New York with a youtube video.

I have never had a bitcoinclassified account until I just created it because of this scam....
http://www.bitcoinclassifieds.net/ad/8295_BTC_Scammers/

Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 01:21:01 AM

I just got this message from akula999

It's convenient that you posted everything you did. Also, I've had some friends look into this matter.
Last chance. Please give me back either 1500 XC or it's equivalent in BTC so that I can repurchase.

Remember, no one likes scam artists.

You're welcome to keep this public.  I would prefer it.  Why don't you post the logs publicly?
At this point, I just think you're trying to get free BTC / XF without any kind of proof of being scammed at all (especially by me or the inventor or LTC).

akula999 (OP)

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:23:19 AM

You're only kidding yourself with your web of lies.

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 01:26:20 AM

So, you have nothing to offer as any proof?
No signed contract, no logs, no nothing?   I mean really, simply nothing but a fake name?   No links or anything?

You also mentioned you have friends looking into it.  Great, please post any information you have.  Of course, anything made up would be worthless.
You haven't even replied to any of my questions for comments, logs, IPs, or anything.

akula999 (OP)

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:35:03 AM

I've already sent the entire email correspondence over gmail, the forum chat log and the forum messages over to the exchanges for support. I'm not showing you anything you already know.
I'm no longer talking to you.

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:38:01 AM

Shocked the plot thickens

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 01:38:16 AM

Uhhh, you never talked to me other than the SINGLE message I quoted in this thread.   PLEASE post a single chat log message from me.  Please, just a single verifiable one.

Also, I don't have gmail.
My email addresses are:  Michail1@aol.com (as stated) and Michail@Michail.com

rgenito

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 03:57:22 AM

akula999 if you really did get scammed, where were you scammed from? Earlier today (same day you got scammed) someone posing as Michail1 (but named `Michail1) tried to get me to send them coin over #bitcoin-otc on freenode. Here's the conversation, unedited, and if you can view freenode logs...well, i don't know of PMs are publicly available Smiley I was signed in NickServ under the name "Genitrust". Personal names were changed to protect identity Smiley Not much.

Annotations included.

<`Michail1> hello
<`Michail1> how many you got for sale?
<Genitrust> heyyy
<Genitrust> like 40 BTC
<Genitrust> below or at stamp
<`Michail1> via what method?
<`Michail1> i'm buying a bunch today, so maybe I can get them off you
<`Michail1> that ok with you?
<Genitrust> cash deposit
<Genitrust> this is what we got: https://wallofcoins.com/api/public/v1/orderBook
<`Michail1> alright that works, for what bank?
<Genitrust> that order book lists the banks and prices for everything
<Genitrust> it's those raw prices, no fee
<`Michail1> ok cool
<`Michail1> what bank would you prefer we use though?
<Genitrust> wallofcoins.com ... go there and click BUY
<Genitrust> there's Wells Fargo, BofA, and Chase (business account, so it can accept deposits)
<`Michail1> alright, well BoA is closer then the rest.. so we can use that then
<`Michail1> I'm going to want to buy around 15 right now
<`Michail1> 15-20
<Genitrust> aight man, get in that BUY order on wall of coins *asap*, gotta ton of people hittin wallofcoins up right now since we been promoting lower than bitstamp prices @.@
<`Michail1> would prefer if we just traded here
<`Michail1> not familiar with what you're asking me to do
<`Michail1> ill need ur BoA information
<`Michail1> along with total price for 20 btc
<Genitrust> ya sorry man, i do everything through our service WallofCoins.com now
<`Michail1> ur service
<`Michail1> we did a dwolla trade last time
<Genitrust> maybe next time? we got people putting up orders to buy as we speak
<`Michail1> I mean
<`Michail1> can we just do a small trade via irc instead?
<`Michail1> and save the large trades for your website later on?
<`Michail1> maybe 5-10 btc ?
<Genitrust> i would but i can't =\ i could do it with my personal coins but i'm holding onto those babies hehe ;x
<Genitrust> these coins belong to other people (we have the coins to release)
<`Michail1> well want to just do a good rate on your coins
<Genitrust> and the company coins ... well, let me call Alex and see if he'll agree to do it
<`Michail1> ill pay good rate
<`Michail1> alright
<`Michail1> could just raise the price a little bit on your coins

Ok THIS is a red flag. Who wants to pay more for coins that they can get for less? No one does. Even if he was legit and just did not trust the website, he would not offer to pay higher. Unless he wants to excite someone else's greed...

<`Michail1> instead of holding onto them
<Genitrust> can you log in and auth as Michael1 ?
<Genitrust> Smiley
<`Michail1> yeah im him
<Genitrust> aight i'll see when ya log in and auth
<Genitrust> i mean, it does sound like it's you, given my name differences and our history
<Genitrust> but ya, i have your phone number too from back in the day, maybe i can call ya real quick to verify it's you?
<`Michail1> o kdone
<`Michail1> ok done
<`Michail1> Currently authenticated from michail@michail.com. Trust relationship from user Michail1 to user Michail1: Level 1: 0, Level 2: 3 via 3 connections. Graph: http://b-otc.com/stg?source=Michail1&dest=Michail1 WoT data: http://b-otc.com/vrd?nick=Michail1 Rated since: Sat May 26 17:25:02 2013
<`Michail1> Nick '`Michail1', with hostmask 'michail@michail.com', is identified as user Michail1, with GPG key id 020DBE2CC103BB05 , key fingerprint CCF673907C5AB709BACE197D020DBE2CC103BB05 , and bitcoin address 1H7DoMXtwzhJDbm5wp1rWZoorGtcPYei75
<Genitrust> ok cool

At this point I'm contacting Michail1.

<`Michail1> yep
<`Michail1> so are you going to want to sell your personal coins for a higher rate?
<Genitrust> nah
<Genitrust> my personal coins are there for a reason.
<`Michail1> ok that's fine
<Genitrust> thanks tho man, i'll def hit ya up in the future. but you can quickly get coins from WallofCoins.com
<`Michail1> well then I guess you'll need to figure out if you're able to sell the other coins outside of that wbsite
<`Michail1> cant you sell a small amount outside of the website?
<`Michail1> and well save the larger trades for your website later on
<`Michail1> for a later date

Yup...manipulative at this point.

<Genitrust> i can't for the company
<Genitrust> our coins are on WallofCoins.com for a reason: to sell through WallofCoins
<Genitrust> it's not hard, so ya, there are coins for under stamp for you there
<Genitrust> it's a win-win
<`Michail1> website wants to track my location?
<Genitrust> no need,
<Genitrust> click "next"
<Genitrust> and when it asks for zip code, click next
<Genitrust> and it will bring you to the bank list. select the bank you want to buy coins from.
<`Michail1> alright
<`Michail1> so ill be receiving my btc before I pay, correct?/

WHAT?!?!?! Never do BTC first. Never.

<`Michail1> or is there a certain amount I need to want to do that?
<`Michail1> lol.. While $6818 is not available
<`Michail1> what does this mean?
<Genitrust> heya sorry, calls
<Genitrust> no, you absolutely pay first.
<`Michail1> lol
<`Michail1> i pay first to a website that's trying to track my location, and i've never heard of or used before
<`Michail1> i've only done one small dwolla trade with you

This information is publicly available on OTC.

<`Michail1> and you sent first that time
<Genitrust> hey no need
<Genitrust> https://wallofcoins.com/api/public/v1/transactions
<Genitrust> we just processed a transaction
<`Michail1> ill buy ur personal
<`Michail1> at 400$ usd

And to top it off: I already told him I wasn't selling my personal coins. 400$ USD is about 20% higher...he's just trying to play on my greed and scam me. That's how scammers are.

<Genitrust> we have SSL, we're verified, our company is in the better business burea...
<`Michail1> 10 of them
<Genitrust> there's *no* reason not to trust us, other than you're trying to impersonate Michael1 and you're a scammer
<Genitrust> i'm talking with him now Tongue
<`Michail1> lol
<`Michail1> cool
<Genitrust> there's no "lol" about business man.
<Genitrust> you want coins? our system works and is highly trusted.
<Genitrust> it's that simple.
<Genitrust> OH! you got LIT UP CUZ!

https://geni.app - Genius – The Crypto Solution to Retirement
ANTIcentralized

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:40:46 AM

He setup a wallet on blockchain.info with a username and password with 3.5 BTC in it. When I logged into the wallet to check, I saw the BTC. I didn't get the private key to transfer funds out. He told me to send him the XC and I will get the private key. Well, I sent the XC, but he never sent anything and changed the password very quickly. This person wont return my emails. His email is passat.ltc@gmail.com - He goes by Michail Hoffman.
This is not how to transact with bitcoin. If you are going to receive bitcoin then you give the other person your address to send the funds to and then they send you the funds. If anyone ever offers to setup a blockchain.info wallet with a certain amount of bitcoin in it then it is 100% automatically  a scam. All they have to do is find an address with 3.5 btc in it, import the address as a watch only address then claim to have 3.5 btc. Also without the private key you have no way of spending the money even if they do actually have access to the bitcoin in question.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 03:58:31 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 04:19:48 PM by Blazedout419

OP you got scammed by someone posing as Michail1...not the real Michail1. Learn from this and do not let it happen again. I can assure you Michail1 does not hide his identity and would never scam...

Sorry for you loss  Embarrassed

I often trade here and OTC...look at what happens ->  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=335426 (a fake me trying to scam one of my auctions)

Scammers here are shameless....they make names all the time that are similar to scam.
h4xx0r

Activity: 154

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 05:54:23 PM

OP you got scammed by someone posing as Michail1...not the real Michail1. Learn from this and do not let it happen again. I can assure you Michail1 does not hide his identity and would never scam...

Sorry for you loss  Embarrassed

I often trade here and OTC...look at what happens ->  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=335426 (a fake me trying to scam one of my auctions)

Scammers here are shameless....they make names all the time that are similar to scam.

yep. how did he not notice the backtick in the username? i think there is more to this story than the OP claims. it may be a reverse type of scam where the OP is attempting to get money out of the real Michail

Sumerian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:06:40 PM

what is xc?
i'm assuming it's worthless?

"sr member"

is this real life?

are you trolling or just stupid?

my point is this is probably a trolling thread trying to gain awareness for this xc
as this is the bitcoin section

I had never heard of this alt, no, there are hundreds, after having to waste a few seconds of my life checking as no-one provided link, i see it was launched 5 months ago

yawn, next

You're being paranoid. Why would he want to promote xc this way? Besides xc IS worthless.

Want Free Bitcoins? Check out BitcoInvest
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1176

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:52:16 PM

<`Michail1> Currently authenticated from michail@michail.com. Trust relationship from user Michail1 to user Michail1: Level 1: 0, Level 2: 3 via 3 connections. Graph: http://b-otc.com/stg?source=Michail1&dest=Michail1 WoT data: http://b-otc.com/vrd?nick=Michail1 Rated since: Sat May 26 17:25:02 2013
<`Michail1> Nick '`Michail1', with hostmask 'michail@michail.com', is identified as user Michail1, with GPG key id 020DBE2CC103BB05 , key fingerprint CCF673907C5AB709BACE197D020DBE2CC103BB05 , and bitcoin address 1H7DoMXtwzhJDbm5wp1rWZoorGtcPYei75
<Genitrust> ok cool
[/tt]

I'm confused by this part of your post, are you saying the "scammer" somehow verified they were Michail1 by logging into your site? Have to say that Michail came across extremely defensive, like, more than necessary when this was posted. Remember zolace turned from a trusted character into a scammer because he got greedy one day.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 07:40:54 PM

<Genitrust> ok cool
[/tt]

I'm confused by this part of your post, are you saying the "scammer" somehow verified they were Michail1 by logging into your site? Have to say that Michail came across extremely defensive, like, more than necessary when this was posted. Remember zolace turned from a trusted character into a scammer because he got greedy one day.

No.  What he is showing is that the scammer 'told' him that he was verified as me.   It would be like me taking a photo of Bill Gates from the internet and showing it to you and saying.... See, I am Bill Gates.
The verifying BOT on Freenode didn't tell him that the scammer was verified.  He simply checked my verification string and pasted it to him in a message.    Just because you have a signature line in an email saying your name is Bob, doesn't mean you are really Bob.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: