Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:47:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I was just scammed  (Read 5429 times)
bitcoinevent

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:11:15 PM

Let's not blame the victim here. I've been scammed and yes it's a very hard lesson in life to learn. All of us learn harsh lessons in life one way or another. Be glad you didn't lose thousands of dollar but by your posting the money you lost is probably all the money in the world to you.

I don't have a lot but I want to help. PM me, i'll send you a little something  Grin

Everyone, be patient and be kind. Let's keep this community positive. We all have been scammed or hurt in the past. Let's not blame the victim. Things like this happen. Let's help this person out. Instead of belittling this person and telling him how stupid/young/whatever he is, let's chip in. This is a community. Let's act like a community. I'm not rich, but if I send him .1 BTC, then I've made a difference and I think it can certainly help him out. I think you all should follow my advise and spread goodness.

Remember, we were all "Noobs" once Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
akula999 (OP)

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:51:01 PM

Let's not blame the victim here. I've been scammed and yes it's a very hard lesson in life to learn. All of us learn harsh lessons in life one way or another. Be glad you didn't lose thousands of dollar but by your posting the money you lost is probably all the money in the world to you.

I don't have a lot but I want to help. PM me, i'll send you a little something  Grin

Everyone, be patient and be kind. Let's keep this community positive. We all have been scammed or hurt in the past. Let's not blame the victim. Things like this happen. Let's help this person out. Instead of belittling this person and telling him how stupid/young/whatever he is, let's chip in. This is a community. Let's act like a community. I'm not rich, but if I send him .1 BTC, then I've made a difference and I think it can certainly help him out. I think you all should follow my advise and spread goodness.

Remember, we were all "Noobs" once Smiley

I sent a PM and I want to publicly thank you!!

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
rgenito

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 03:26:34 AM

<`Michail1> Currently authenticated from michail@michail.com. Trust relationship from user Michail1 to user Michail1: Level 1: 0, Level 2: 3 via 3 connections. Graph: http://b-otc.com/stg?source=Michail1&dest=Michail1 WoT data: http://b-otc.com/vrd?nick=Michail1 Rated since: Sat May 26 17:25:02 2013
<`Michail1> Nick '`Michail1', with hostmask 'michail@michail.com', is identified as user Michail1, with GPG key id 020DBE2CC103BB05 , key fingerprint CCF673907C5AB709BACE197D020DBE2CC103BB05 , and bitcoin address 1H7DoMXtwzhJDbm5wp1rWZoorGtcPYei75
<Genitrust> ok cool
[/tt]

I'm confused by this part of your post, are you saying the "scammer" somehow verified they were Michail1 by logging into your site? Have to say that Michail came across extremely defensive, like, more than necessary when this was posted. Remember zolace turned from a trusted character into a scammer because he got greedy one day.

As Michail1 has stated, the scammer was hoping that I wouldn't check the auth/identify service myself, so he was pasting his own modified version.

bitcoinevent - thank you for effort to keep things positive Smiley

akula999 - my offer still remains, and I also have a modification: buy exactly $5 worth of Bitcoin from https://wallofcoins.com , and our team will credit you an additional 10,000 bits (0.01 BTC). It's also not much, but it is some form of relief that I'd like to help you with. However, you'll have to PM me to at least tell me the receiving Bitcoin address for this.

https://geni.app - Genius – The Crypto Solution to Retirement
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:33:34 AM

Its not the guy that is posting here. the scammer has a ' in front of his name.. so, while it looks close to the real one, its not.. Send the  message to the real scammer, I've heard this has happened on another thread as well. someone pointed the difference out to me, and i thought of this thread, looks like the same person..
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 06:43:07 AM

OP you got scammed by someone posing as Michail1...not the real Michail1. Learn from this and do not let it happen again. I can assure you Michail1 does not hide his identity and would never scam...

Sorry for you loss  Embarrassed

I often trade here and OTC...look at what happens ->  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=335426 (a fake me trying to scam one of my auctions)

Scammers here are shameless....they make names all the time that are similar to scam.

Since this was brought up.....
You can find user accounts that scammers have made to simulate nicks by clicking on MEMBERS, then search for members.  Simply searching for  `  (backtick) will show over 100 nicks.
Well known people like TomatoCage has several scammer nicks created to simulate him.
I searched for Blazedout to find not only   Blazedout419` (backtick at the end), but also Blazedout4I9  (1 replaced with a I)
Hell, even Theymos has several scammer nicks associated.   o replaced with 0.    Some with ` at the beginning and some at the end or a spacebar then backtick at the end.

TitanBTC (The coin mint has a scammer impersonating him as well (account created only just over 2 weeks ago)  != TitanBTC `   (space backtick)
The tactic is that he may post a sale item.  Someone shows interest via the thread, and the scammer uses the similar nick (backticks or transposed letters) to send a message to the interested party directly in hopes to scam him without the real seller ever knowing.

Looks like the scammer created  michail  on 4/13/2014.  This ties in with the bitcoinclassifieds.net ad as well.
And, I contacted bitcoinclassifieds.net regarding the scam, and they have shut down the account using my name as of yesterday.

Lastly, although I didn't want to confuse the matter more, we are talking about two different scammers.
This all started with the scammer known as the Siberian.  Broken English / poor grammar.  The ad was showing from Luxemburg whereas I am in Seattle.
The second scammer is well known on IRC scamming people by using proxies and setting his nick to trusted accounts.  He has better English, but not by much.  He doesn't use proper grammar.  Never capitalizes his sentences.  Uses short wording like; ur instead of you're, ill instead of I'll, and well instead of we'll.   He has been careful not to use his real IP; however, he has clicked a few links put up by people to track his location and if anyone knows how/what to do with an IP (since it has been the same in the 3 times I was informed), I would be happy to talk to you about it.   Law enforcement maybe?  (Long list of nicks used)

OP - You said you sent the information on to an exchange.  I am guessing to where you sent the coins.  I truely hope you get your XF back, although I don't think they would spend much time on it.

I have spent enough time on this thread.  Good luck.

dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:42:31 PM

Very rough crowd. I'm sorry if I made a mistake, but I don't want this to happen to anyone else from this person. Yes this is my life savings. When you make just over minimum wage and have 2 kids, then life is tough. I'm also working on bettering myself, but school loans don't help.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my stupidity, but greed got the better of me. I had 1500 XC Coins worth about $700 in todays market. I was offered 3.5BTC, I thought I could sell the coins, buy back the XC and then have some money left over for a better christmas holiday for the kids.

Remember, not everyone is lucky enough to be super smart or savvy. I try my best.

Thank you. I won't add to this post anymore.

So someone offered you double of what your XC coins were worth and you didn't question it? Son next time ask people on the forum if the deal is legit. Most will tell you it's a scam.
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:45:27 AM

I just got this message from akula999

It's convenient that you posted everything you did. Also, I've had some friends look into this matter.
Last chance. Please give me back either 1500 XC or it's equivalent in BTC so that I can repurchase.

Remember, no one likes scam artists.

You're welcome to keep this public.  I would prefer it.  Why don't you post the logs publicly?
At this point, I just think you're trying to get free BTC / XF without any kind of proof of being scammed at all (especially by me or the inventor or LTC).

A conspiracy! This should be fun.

OP is relying on name provided by a scammer. That makes so much sense Roll Eyes
mkc

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:05:08 AM

No 45 is a long and informative post.

I feel the pain for you OP, hope you will regroup soon.
akula999 (OP)

Activity: 509

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:24:58 AM

Definitely a life lesson. There are low life scam artists everywhere. They sit and prey. They can't make it in real life so they take advantage of others.

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:20:28 PM

The real Michail is as solid as they come in the crypto world, and easily in my list of top trustworthy people. Sorry you were scammed, OP.
yasiel.puig

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:33:04 PM

This guy just contacted me on irc.

Tried to sell me 2.35 btc for 200 ltc.
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 04:06:55 PM

What is/was his nick and IP address.

My nick is ALWAYS   Michail1  (no dashes, backticks, etc).
And, my IP address is ALWAYS Michail.com (using a bouncer).   Any other IP address is not me.

And, out of curiosity, what is your nick?   and/or What channel?

As stated before, I only deal with BTC.   So, once you said LTC, you are sure that you are not talking to me.

Sumerian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:43:00 PM

My nick is ALWAYS   Michail1  (no dashes, backticks, etc).
And, my IP address is ALWAYS Michail.com (using a bouncer).   Any other IP address is not me.

As stated before, I only deal with BTC.   So, once you said LTC, you are sure that you are not talking to me.

Just out of curiosity, why do you have 2 websites with 2 different girl pics from fiverr?

Want Free Bitcoins? Check out BitcoInvest
markwebster

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:50:32 PM

Sort to hear. I have seen that address somewhere recently so thank you for sharing the name and email with everyone.
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 03:45:40 PM

My nick is ALWAYS   Michail1  (no dashes, backticks, etc).
And, my IP address is ALWAYS Michail.com (using a bouncer).   Any other IP address is not me.

As stated before, I only deal with BTC.   So, once you said LTC, you are sure that you are not talking to me.

Just out of curiosity, why do you have 2 websites with 2 different girl pics from fiverr?

Actually,

I have hundreds of domains.

Never knew what to put on MY domain, and while watching Tosh.0 one day, he was advertising fiverr.com    He said, why not spend $50 to $100 on these people in need of money.   Since I had no idea what to put up on my site, I decided to put on the pictures.  So, I picked 15 people.  10 responded.

Both of the websites you are talking about are identical.  In fact, they come from the same folder.  The pictures rotate between images sent by the 10 people.  Just refresh the page.

Send me a picture of you in the same fasion, and I will add it.

Peegasus

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:48:00 AM

I learned a lesson = Greed hurts. If it's too good to be true, it is.
And when you make just above minimum wage, 3.5BTC is a lot of money. (After rent, utilities, food , insurance and 2 kids - it hurts to lose 3.5 BTC).

Then why not buy BTC straight from coinbase or local btc?

Next time when you WANT BITCOIN... BUY BITCOIN....

Best advice ever. Never trust somebody that you don't know.

Watoshi-Dimobuto

Activity: 840
Merit: 524

Yes!

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 06:30:28 AM

Are you younger than 18?

Dude is only 4 months old give him a break.

Been saving since June...it's his life savings.

4 months old and wife and kids??? Cool Cheesy

(After rent, utilities, food , insurance and 2 kids)
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: