Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:58:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We are looking for a processor that will integr. a Bitcoin solutionon on website  (Read 2485 times)
theswisspharmacy.com (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 05:55:31 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2012, 06:08:34 PM by theswisspharmacy.com

Hi to all of you, especially to tiptopgemdotcom, who introduced us to Bitcoin and to this forum.
Theswisspharmacy.com now accepts Bitcoins, we are currently working on a payment option for our website, so that customers can pay easily for their order.
 Can anyone recommend a processor that will integrate a Bitcoin solution to our website that will allow customers to receive the payment code, without us manually having to send them the link?
In the meantime we want to welcome all Bitcoin users and offer 10% discount on all orders paid with Bitcoins till 31st of May, 2012.
 Please visit our website, if you don’t find the product you need, just send us an email to info@theswisspharmacy.com, and we will try and source it for you. (Please note that we don’t offer any controlled/illegal drugs).
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 06:00:31 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=31293

That is BitPay, I know they do a lot of work with merchants so you should email/PM them.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 06:21:16 PM

Being bit-pay.com a US based company I'm not so sure they will be the right ones to process payments to a pharma site.
https://bit-pay.com/acceptableUse.html
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 06:23:56 PM

Sweet jesus that's a lot of restrictions.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 06:29:10 PM

Also, the beauty of Bitcoin is that they don't need 3rd parties.
They can just generate a thousand addresses, save them in a database, and have their usual developer make it in a way that it shows a unique address to each order. Probably checking the payment completion is something they can do by themselves, without the need for automation.

Or they can just use walletbit.com and their handy API. https://walletbit.com/docs/api
Any PHP developer will easily integrate that, even payment received confirmation.

Ofcourse using their own Bitcoin client is preferred as they will not have to pay fees.

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 06:37:03 PM

Thank you for your prompt and informative reply.
I will check the options and will get in contact with them.

Can you also tell me which company can turn my Bitcoins into USD and then transfer the money to my VISA card? I created an account with mtgox.com but they only transfer the funds to a bank account, this is very expensive though, especially for smaller amounts like 100-200 coins …..
tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 06:49:28 PM

Big warm welcome to theswisspharmacy.com!  For anyone visiting this thread, I will vouch for them.  I have ordered from them in the past and know for certain that they have excellent customer service and high quality products.  They run a tight ship.  I came to them after having trouble with another internet pharmacy and I have been very happy with my choice.

Please help them in any way you can- especially allow them to earn your business by buying your medications from them with bitcoins!

I think what they need is a company that does an "original credit transaction" as described here:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmatonis/2012/05/07/bitcoin-funded-debit-cards/

Also it might work to sign up at CryptoXchange and sell your bitcoins there, then have them wire the money to your bank.  I think they have pretty low fees for that type of transaction.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 06:56:40 PM

The only ones that do that are AurumXchange.
Check here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76394.0

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 07:50:12 PM

I spent some time to find out how new potential clients that I can convince to join the Bitcoin community charge their accounts with their credit card.
mtgox.com and aurumxchange.com seem to only allow them to charge with a wire transfer but not a VISA card. (In this case my clients could also transfer directly to my account….)

Where can my clients create an account and buy Bitcoins with a MasterCard/ AMEX?
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 07:57:43 PM

I spent some time to find out how new potential clients that I can convince to join the Bitcoin community charge their accounts with their credit card.
mtgox.com and aurumxchange.com seem to only allow them to charge with a wire transfer but not a VISA card. (In this case my clients could also transfer directly to my account….)

Where can my clients create an account and buy Bitcoins with a MasterCard/ AMEX?

Since bitcoins are non-reversible by design while credit card chargebacks are relatively easy (and a common practice for scammers), it will be difficult to find someone to accept them as payment.

Still around.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 08:03:27 PM

Also, the beauty of Bitcoin is that they don't need 3rd parties.
They can just generate a thousand addresses, save them in a database, and have their usual developer make it in a way that it shows a unique address to each order. Probably checking the payment completion is something they can do by themselves, without the need for automation.

Or they can just use walletbit.com and their handy API. https://walletbit.com/docs/api
Any PHP developer will easily integrate that, even payment received confirmation.

Ofcourse using their own Bitcoin client is preferred as they will not have to pay fees.

+1 - this is what I do at casascius.com - use pre-generated addresses - this also keeps me safe from hackers because the bitcoins aren't ever on my website, nothing for them to steal, far less incentive for them to hack it.

Simply have the website e-mail you a link to http://blockchain.info/address/PUTTHEBITCOINADDRESSHERE so you can click it and directly see whether the amount has been paid.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 08:05:04 PM

No need to solve this problem.  Someone willing to give you their credit card number has little reason to want to pay with Bitcoin, so just take their credit card like usual.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 08:06:37 PM

Since bitcoins are non-reversible by design while credit card chargebacks are relatively easy (and a common practice for scammers), it will be difficult to find someone to accept them as payment.

Now that is a real a drawback!
I understand the problem though, just wonder how to convince new clients to go through the process of becoming a new Bitcoin member, if they can pay me directly with a wire transfer.
Looks like offering Bitcoins as a payment option on my website, is only convenient to existing Bitcoin users, or users that anyway want to use this option for other payments  as well.

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 08:09:04 PM

No need to solve this problem.  Someone willing to give you their credit card number has little reason to want to pay with Bitcoin, so just take their credit card like usual.

The problem is that we cannot accept MasterCards as MasterCard does not process for online pharmacies, and only half my potential clients have a VISA card……
teste

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 08:15:42 PM

1- Browsing internet i see this site: www.buybitcoin.com/
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 08:19:06 PM

They're a little overpriced.
http://buybitcoin.com/index.php/current-price/

If those customers are nordic you have this https://bitcoinnordic.com/credit-card/index.html
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 08:23:22 PM

There are places to buy bitcoins with credit cards and other conventional methods, but they must charge more than the exchange rate in order to cover the risk involved. I didn't mention them since it sorta defeats the purpose of using BTC, IMO.

Still around.

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 08:27:52 PM

That was a great information.
Now I don’t want to offer buybitcoin.com to my clients if they are a scam, has anyone bought coins from them?
They are rather expensive I guess it is because of charge backs risks.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 08:33:19 PM

That was a great information.
Now I don’t want to offer buybitcoin.com to my clients if they are a scam, has anyone bought coins from them?
They are rather expensive I guess it is because of charge backs risks.

I would send people to http://www.weusecoins.com to learn about Bitcoin and where to get them.

Don't worry about asking people to learn about Bitcoin to use the pharmacy.  Just accept Bitcoin for those who already have Bitcoins and who know how to use them.  The number of people with Bitcoins is growing every single day.  If people ask, weusecoins.com is there to teach them, but people learning about Bitcoin for the first time are not likely to pay for an order with Bitcoin today, it may take them a day or a week or more to get bitcoins, so just take their credit card.

The appeal of buyers using Bitcoins for pharmacy is privacy and security.  As a buyer I don't have to worry a seller will share my credit card number, or charge me more money than authorized, or that my bank's loss prevention department will start inconveniencing me due to unusual activity.  My potential loss is simply limited to the amount I sent in bitcoins.

The appeal for sellers accepting Bitcoin is irreversibility of the payments and the inability for somebody else to shut your payments off because they think you shouldn't be selling whatever you are selling.

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 08:35:11 PM

There are places to buy bitcoins with credit cards and other conventional methods, but they must charge more than the exchange rate in order to cover the risk involved. I didn't mention them since it sorta defeats the purpose of using BTC, IMO.

I read in their FAQ’s
"Can I use a Credit Card, Debit Card, or Gift Card?
Yes.  You can use a credit card, debit card, gift card, or prepaid debit card:

WesternUnion.com online
Western Union inside a nearby store "

This means you have to send them money by Western Union which is as expensive as a wire transfer…..
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: