Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:32:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Massive short positions are forming...  (Read 3476 times)
FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:47:09 AM

I think the theory of CaVirtex trying to make a quick buck shorting BTC was quite interesting. In theory they used customer funds to short BTC and subsequently created the Bearwhale wall in order to keep the price down (now panicking), now we're about 10% over that level, they lost.
But this is merely speculation, a wild theory I read somewhere Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:24:01 PM

I think the theory of CaVirtex trying to make a quick buck shorting BTC was quite interesting. In theory they used customer funds to short BTC and subsequently created the Bearwhale wall in order to keep the price down (now panicking), now we're about 10% over that level, they lost.

What theory....
fewcoins (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 02:45:18 PM

There's no doubt that huge wall was actually a giant short interest being built up at $300... Probably the same people building that massive short position everytime we hit $340. 10% is nothing to these whales, especially when it was with customers funds loll no worries!!

Lmfao why are you in denial... Mt gox was always 100-180$ above the other exchanges because it was "purchasing" bitcoin from many different addresses who all purchased approx. $2.5m in all purchases. Blatant manipulation, look it up man. Downtrends follow all bubbles yes, but notice nobody says a bubble follows a downtrend, because its RARE

Since summer 2013 almost everyone realized that Gox is playing with non-existing coins and only idiots continued trading with them.. Just to lose everything.
I'm not sure if we have bubble soon, but now chances to stay above $300 are much higher than before. Even if we don't have a bubble this or the next year, price may at least keep its level with slight grow due to natural adoption.

Very true, it was obvious but a lot of people were in denial & by the time they found out they couldn't even withdrawal anyway! & yea looks like we'll be stuck in this 300 range for a while
fewcoins (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 02:12:23 AM

Huge shorts forming everytime we go a little over 350.... Look out for a slight correction, tomorrow might be a few %'s down
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: