Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:10:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Pays What?  (Read 36735 times)
RustyRyan

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 01:52:24 AM

After talking with Patrick we thought it could be beneficial to some members of the community if credit ratings (C/B/BB/BBB/A/AA/AAA) were briefly summarized.

The general meaning of credit rating opinions is summarized below:

Code:
Rating:         Description:
AAA             Extremely strong capacity to meet financial commitments. Highest Rating.
AA              Very strong capacity to meet financial commitments.
A               Strong capacity to meet financial commitments, but somewhat susceptible to adverse economic conditions and changes in circumstances.
BBB             Adequate capacity to meet financial commitments, but more subject to adverse economic conditions.
BB              Less vulnerable in the near-term but faces major ongoing uncertainties to adverse business, financial and economic conditions.
B               More vulnerable to adverse business, financial and economic conditions but currently has the capacity to meet financial commitments.
C               Currently highly vulnerable obligations and other defined circumstances.

Note: Ratings may be modified by the addition of a plus (+) or minus (-) sign to show relative standing within the major rating categories.

"True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing."
  Bitcoin-otcPGP Key
  RustyRyan's Deposits - Low Risk Weekly Term Deposits at 3.0% Interest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 09:12:55 PM

What's with the first post? Why is it removed? Patrick?
PatrickHarnett (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 09:14:15 PM

A minor protest.
Willowbitcoin

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 10:32:56 PM

What are we protesting ?
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 10:43:16 PM

What are we protesting ?

The accusations and insults shooting all over the place these days, I think...
Willowbitcoin

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 11:27:40 PM

Ah, i could see how that would get under your skin. Patrick should know that success comes with its detractors.

You cant have a ying without a yang unfortunately.
ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 04:49:00 AM

A minor protest.

Can you post some links for those of us who haven't seen any of that?

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
Ocean6

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 04:12:15 PM

time for a new invite only forum... oh so glad its in the works...

Maybe not conducive to your desire for more investors...

Life is What you Make it!
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 06:25:27 PM

Well, if someone else wants to do this, now is your chance to get a sticky.

unclescrooge
aka Raphy

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 08:34:51 PM

Maybe not conducive to your desire for more investors...

I have no such desire unless you want to invest in the new forum  Grin

Wtf, a new forum?
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 08:40:21 PM

Where do we sign up?  Smiley
Emphasis mine...
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 08:50:05 PM

The bulk of the OP contents will be reinstated later today.  This has been a useful exercise demonstrating the bias of particular people against those actively working to improve the Bitcoin economy.

The OP will be restructured and include the following features:

• Only those with business models that are apparent or have been disclosed will be listed.
  • To be listed, issuers will need to submit and agree to publication of their financial metrics (the credit rating system).

Brunic

Activity: 632

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 08:54:29 PM

Where do we sign up?  Smiley
Emphasis mine...

I know, I can still ask for an invite.
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 09:48:52 PM

Thank you for your Service Patrick
This.
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 11:00:26 PM

The bulk of the OP contents will be reinstated later today.  This has been a useful exercise demonstrating the bias of particular people against those actively working to improve the Bitcoin economy.

• Only those with business models that are apparent or have been disclosed will be listed.
  • To be listed, issuers will need to submit and agree to publication of their financial metrics (the credit rating system).

Patrick - would you care to get into details about why you pulled the OP in the first place? You've been rather coy about your reasoning so far. For instance you at first said you removed it "in protest." In protest of WHAT exactly? I'm not getting your message, if you intended one.

That said, I think it's a great idea for us as depositors/lenders to demand more disclosure from those seeking to borrow such large sums of money. I welcome the changes you're implementing in the WPW listing and thank you for using the solid rep that you've earned to set a better example for the community.
Gladamas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 11:32:54 PM

time for a new invite only forum... oh so gladamas its in the works...

So I get an invite?

A new invite-only forum (no troll attempt intended) would be useful for major Bitcoiners, but then no newbies could contribute without an invite. Sad

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 04:59:02 AM

Awesome! Finally, some accountability.

PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 05:56:19 AM

Patrick - would you care to get into details about why you pulled the OP in the first place? You've been rather coy about your reasoning so far. For instance you at first said you removed it "in protest." In protest of WHAT exactly? I'm not getting your message, if you intended one.

That said, I think it's a great idea for us as depositors/lenders to demand more disclosure from those seeking to borrow such large sums of money. I welcome the changes you're implementing in the WPW listing and thank you for using the solid rep that you've earned to set a better example for the community.

Basically there are some people that put a huge amount of effort into bitcoin.  The WPW thread and the work that goes on behind the scenes is one of those, and the tide of people accusing everyone in the lending scene is to a significant detriment to the forum and bitcoin as a whole.  The Starfish deposits system is around break-even and probably gets subsidised from the dividends and mining I do, but I consider it important to have space open for people wanting to park a few coins with low risk.  As for my own situation, personally, the idea of running away with $1M is silly - it's really not enough and I have other objectives.  (I think I'm close to that in my local currency, whatever 60k coins is - and I am well past the point where I have recovered all of my seed money).

I have noticed there are some accounts where the sole purpose is to cry "ponzi" and scam for months and sometime years on end (ages before Micon joined the party late).  This week I have been accused of being a scammer, "shit", a criminal and someone that deserved to be put in jail.  I get off lightly, but others are labelled shills, pirate prostitutes and many other things without proof.  (I still have the pm where I was offered 100BTC for a referral that I turned down.)

Maged, the moderator for this part of the forum, might be justifiably concerned about the impact of BS&T but has landed quite heavily on one side of the debate and this comes through in the treatment of those working to provide a range of services.  I have previously pointed out some basic ID details for him, and others late to the witch-hunt (and I am reminded on Joel's beautiful comment yesterday that is pure "group think" - "don't think outside the box") have not bothered to do their basic homework.  I was, however, pleased to note a quite rational post from Micon so obviously he is learning some stuff about bitcoin along the way.

There are some schemes where I have inside knowledge, provided on a confidential basis.  I also hold information on many users, also provided confidentially.  Myself, if you don't know who I am down the the colour of my house/car/cat you're not even trying (actually the cat could be tricky).  I am not going to "spill the beans", as my approach is more subtle.  That includes BS&T as I know (and have had confirmed) the mechanics that allow such fantastic returns and could implement it on a smaller scale, but there are actually better returns if you know how. 

Months ago I signalled to several people that the interest rates in this economy would fall.  Pirate has done exactly what many other have done and has begun his process, but he's certainly not the first to do that.  They will fall further, as will the rates Starfish and all other legitimate providers.  Bitcoin is a great example of an accelerated economic history, and a great textbook example to learn from.  As such, it is quite interesting working within an economics consultancy where I can discuss the evolving concepts in months rather than years/decades.  As such, I'll have a lot more work to do on this thread over the next year.

So for the detractors: I hope you do not get your wish in killing bitcoin, and I am pleased to provide and protect the intent behind PPT.x and a range of other things you consider criminal.
For the hundreds of people I deal with: I have two weeks away from my day job to work on my website, otherwise, you know how to contact me.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 09:34:27 AM

Did Madoff or the like reduce interest rates at any point?

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 09:50:08 AM

Did Madoff or the like reduce interest rates at any point?
oh god please I bed you all don't go and poison this thread as well with FUD and witch hunting enough is enough. This is like the only thread that's free of such things.
Bring it somewhere else please!
//DeaDTerra
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: