Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:11:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm leaving Bitcoin  (Read 56510 times)
makatia

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:46:31 AM

You do very well this, I am happy about that
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
haritaale

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:50:54 AM

Good luck for your new projects. I hope you will be active here though to share your experience and knowledge with us.
m.mendoza

Activity: 321
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:48:05 AM

Dude! dont go man! you really have done such good stuff Cry

your a really smart kid and I wish you all the best. But come on man stick around. I know there are pricks on this forum that are just haters and call everything a scam but dont listen to them.  

there are some people who are leaving in bitcoin but for me i do not quit and leave in bitcoin because it helps a lot also this is the only thing and way that i can give the needs of my family. i advice everyone that if you quit bitcoin it compares to a person who quit to achieve your goals. you can never succeed if you just quit. all your hard work and patience will be pay.
Mio talama

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:08:39 PM

I believe that you already have what it takes to persevere and are a soul that will do so until you are met with your (very deserved) yields. Though already mentioned, I'd just like to confirm that you have already carved yourself a little place in BitCoin history and into the community here. You will be missed and your presence will always be welcomed.
wdelius

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:19:12 PM

I definitely understand paying crypto less attention in this protracted bear market, but leaving altogether? Nah....

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
santafewarrior1980

Activity: 179
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:35:43 PM

I think leaving in bitcoin is not the right decision that you should do because bitcoin is still very good investment and believed it becomes more profitable in due time all we need is to hold and wait until the market recover. We should also consider that many countries today are now planning to open business to cryptocurrency investment.

█ █ █████████  BITGOALS  █████████ █ █
SPORT TOKEN PROTOCOL: REWARDS FOR SPORT ACTIVITIES
https://bitgoals.com
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:56:42 PM

Based on the information you provided in your OP, you seem to be a very determined person. I wish you good luck for your future projects. At one point, you mentioned that it is not about money at all. I agree to this completely. After some point, money does not matter. It is not something that can drive you for years.
Arafat01775

Activity: 108

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:10:10 AM

You should not leave bitcoin because it has a bright future . Stay connected with Bitcoin .
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 10:14:13 AM

To all the newbies posting in this thread,  IT IS FROM 2012!!!!!
Don't post here unless you know the details and history of what went on, so that those of us who actually care about the Bitcoinica debacle can keep up with the thread.

Thank you for not posting additional fluff in this thread!

Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 11:18:39 AM

Six year down the line that you bounce out on Bitcoin and here we are now, I know you must have achieve your aim then and even with your leaving btc you are more a better one because of your early adoption in btc because your worth now is even better than those that are working day and night for the past 20 years , I believe you are a great man now and must have not regret your step then, it would have worse if you sold the 1000 btc then but thank God you believe in what you have but never let money ride you on your dream , such a brave man .
Tuyul_Dollar

Activity: 185

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:46:13 AM

Leaving bitcoin can happen by young people, who have a busy density in the outside world. We also need time to take care of bitcoin. But it's a shame if we leave bitcoin because this is a very profitable project because it has big enough result.and if want leave better think well.
hardtargetbtc002018

Activity: 173

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:14:27 PM

Leaving bitcoin can happen by young people, who have a busy density in the outside world. We also need time to take care of bitcoin. But it's a shame if we leave bitcoin because this is a very profitable project because it has big enough result.and if want leave better think well.

Leaving in bitcoin to invest in other profitable is really a good strategy while the bitcoin market is still falling and its very important to divert it to other so we earn to offset losses from other cryptocurrency invested.
santafewarrior1980

Activity: 179
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:16:05 PM

Sometimes it makes me thinks if leaving is the right decisiondue to a huge fluctuation since i invested in bitcoin but thinking all my losses will makes me realize again and decided to wait whatever it happens because im lossing a lot already the best should i do for now is to wait for bitcoin to rise.

█ █ █████████  BITGOALS  █████████ █ █
SPORT TOKEN PROTOCOL: REWARDS FOR SPORT ACTIVITIES
https://bitgoals.com
Ram krish

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:22:50 PM

It is not a good decision. You have choose a wrong decision. Bitcoin have a good future. So wait patiently. Think one or two time brfore taking any decision.
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:29:44 PM

Leaving in bitcoin to invest in other profitable is really a good strategy while the bitcoin market is still falling and its very important to divert it to other so we earn to offset losses from other cryptocurrency invested.
Everyone has their own choice but to me i think that leaving bitcoin in current position when the price has already dropped too much is not a good idea, i think that we should not leave bitcoin in current time but should hold it for some time, because bitcoin price still has too much good potential and hopefully its price will once again increase too much in near future.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
fcf1081

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:49:36 PM

Its true life is not all about money is how you live your life and made a lasting impact to everyone you meet...bitcoin is one good experienced but this does not guarantee true happiness and peace... you can take bitcoin in your hand make it a channel of blessing not the other way around making you something that you are not...you have to be responsible and sensible the way you handle money.
cryptolet

Activity: 229

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:07:43 PM

To me i will say welldone for all that you did but if your has been hacked, you can still come back and try because all hope is not lose.
poldanmig

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:16:26 PM

No, this isn't related to the Bitcoinica hack. The hack just makes the choices obvious and straightforward.

I, Zhou Tong (Zhou is my surname), will discontinue all involvement in Bitcoin-related projects after the Bitcoinica incident has been fully resolved until further notice.

I always believe in Bitcoin, or simply anything that brings people financial liberty. I have heavily invested in Bitcoin (I purchased one 1,000 BTC gold coin from Casascius and will keep it for as long as I can). And I have enjoyed what I have done for the Bitcoin community.

Really, thank you for all the wonderful support. It feels great to have an experimental project become the "best thing since sliced bread", and run one of the most profitable businesses in a new economy. Bitcoinica has a total historical revenue equivalent to about 0.67% of the whole Bitcoin economy. Not even Apple can match this record in the real world economies.

The first time I read about Bitcoin was in late 2010. My first reaction was "these coins are cheap, maybe it just doesn't work". I learned about Bitcoin again in mid 2011, when the first bubble started. I bought my first Bitcoin when it fell to $8. I told all my close friends and classmates about Bitcoin, simply because I think it's a cool idea. The idea of a margin trading platform quickly went into my mind, and I started working on Bitcoinica.

I lied about the time it took to build Bitcoinica. (I said I spent one week on it.) I started on September 4, 2011 and launched on September 9, 2011. Just four and half days. In a week, trading volume passed one million dollars. I started making profits like crazy.

In November, an investor approached me to acquire Bitcoinica. Due to regulatory concerns, I agreed to the deal and signed the agreement. Bitcoinica was sold for a good price. However, since the investor is unable to arrange for a replacement team, I continued to become the sole operator until Team Intersango took over two weeks ago. The investor let me keep all profits until late January, the official handover time. After handover, he continued to offer generous salary and performance bonus every month. The investor demands his identity to be protected so I won't share more information on this.

I left school in Singapore and decided to continue my education in Australia. I made the decision because of the Internet industry, and the hacker culture. I'm a web developer and I want to become a really good one. I want to work with smart hackers and wonderful designers to change the world. Singapore isn't particularly good at this. (Obviously, US West Coast should be a better choice, but for some other reasons I didn't consider US.)

I have started working on another project (not Bitcoin-related) that is going to make a little difference on the Internet. So far I have achieved great progress and I'm pretty confident about this new venture.

My life hasn't changed much except that I became more confident after Bitcoinica's success. I realized that I have the power to make something profitable. Such kind of confidence is extremely hard to get, until you really experience a significant success. I worked on several projects before, and all of them failed eventually. I thought I was confident because I kept building new stuff and improving myself. But the real confidence comes from the success itself.

I failed at one thing though, that is generating value for the society. Bitcoinica did create a place for people to trade more efficiently and provide liquidity to the market. However, speculation is a zero-sum game (or negative-sum, strictly saying). I know there can be many justifications for Bitcoinica's value, but all of them are against my intuition and values.

With the confidence and the innate intuition to build wonderful things for a better world, I decided to move on. I didn't quit Bitcoinica because it's the only source of income that I currently have.

I know that my time is valuable and industry establishment is really important. I don't want my name to be remembered by only Bitcoiners. It's true that I believe in Bitcoin's potential, but not everyone believes. If I'm a influential person I wouldn't have to do this, but the best way to be known in the Internet industry is to build products that save people time, money and headaches.

I'm going to be a young entrepreneur that solves problems for everyone. I leave Bitcoin only because it doesn't help address my real needs. Making money isn't that important after all.

I'll be a Bitcoin lover forever, and I will come back to this forum regularly to discuss about the future that's in our own hands! I will keep the 1,000 BTC  gold coin as a lifetime investment and I'm pretty confident that it'll be the best investment ever in my life.

Bitcoin FTW!
I am very impressed with your experience in your investment trip with bitcoin, perhaps by making other investors get valuable lessons

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████     ▀███▀     ███          █████▀▀       ▀█████████    ███████████████████         ▀██████    ████████         ▀█████    ████
████      ▀█▀      ███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████      ██████████████████    ▄▄▄    ████      ███████    ▄▄▄    ████    ████
████               ███    ▀▀▀▀▀████    ████▀▀▀▀▀██████   ██   █████████████████    ███▀   ███   ██   ██████    ███▀   ████    ████
████    █▄   ▄█    ███    ▄▄▄▄▄████    ████▄▄   █████   ▀▀▀▀   ████████████████         ▄███   ▀▀▀▀   █████         ▄█████    ████
████    ██▄ ▄██    ███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████    ▀▀▀▀    ████            ███████████████    ████████            ████    █▄   ▀█████    ████
████    ███████    ███          █████▄▄       ▄████    ▄████▄    ██████████████    ███████    ▄████▄    ███    ███▄   ▀███    ████
█████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀████▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀████▀▀█████
█████▄  ███  ██  █  ▄▄ ██   █████
██████▄ ▀█  ▄█  ██▄  ▀██  █▄ ████
███████▄   ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀  █▀     ▀███
████████▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄███
██████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀███
████▀▀                ▀▀█   ██
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █ ███
███ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ███
███ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ ▀ ███
███ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█   ███
███                      ▄████
███  ██████████████████  █████
███                      █████

9000+ SLOTS 
█████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▄  ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▄███▄ ▄███▄ ██████
████▀▄▄ ██▀▀ ▀▀██ ▄▄▀████
████ ▀ ▄▄ ▄███▄ ▄▄ ▀ ████
████ ████ ▀███▀ ████ ████
████▄ ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███ ▄████
█████▄ ▄▄ █████ ▄▄ ▄█████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
.PLAY NOW.
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Abete

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:18:52 PM

I think we deserve appreciation, every right of every bitcoin owner to do so. survive or not with bitcoin, we own the set. Respect!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:44:20 PM

Wow, a blast from the past. It’s hard to believe it’s been six years already.

This thread reads like a who’s who of who’s gone. As far as I’m concerned, paraipan is the only one that has the right to simply abandon this forum and bitcoin completely (because he’s dead).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: