Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:28:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Glow | X13 POS  (Read 64318 times)
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 07:34:03 PM

POD = Proof of dump

The problem here is that the POD credibility/usefulness starts to really struggle.
Midascoin also had a good POD and the devs just disappeared scamming everyone. Now it's GLOW which also has a good POD review. What purpose does it serve if once the community find the truth, nothing can be done anyway ?

As I see it, POD is only a harder step for scammer to achieve their goal. But it also has the very bad side effect of filtering out all the wannabee scammer to only let pass the serious ones that are not afraid to afford a fake passport and create a fake identity.

In this sense, POD is pretty useless, harmful even, giving a false impression of security, and making people less prone to do the necessary background checks on the team behind the coin.

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
zugvogel21

Activity: 995
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 08:21:23 PM

LOL someone should code a website, where all scammer devs are exposed and people can donate for bounties.  At least there is a photo, if the dev gets a POD

scambook!!!!

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 08:22:32 PM

Lol seems like it doesnt matter if scam or not, price is rising again ...  facepalm Tongue
AbiusGMIU

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 08:24:42 PM

Lol seems like it doesnt matter if scam or not, price is rising again ...  facepalm Tongue

You think the whales who bought in at 100 sats are going to pump it so everyone can dump?
anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 08:27:06 PM

You think the whales who bought in at 100 sats are going to pump it so everyone can dump?

Total of 10k glow was bought at 100 sat for 0.01btc.. Some more was bought at 300 so imaybe 1% of the coin supply was picked up for 0.4btc

twitter @antiiclimax
tubesteak

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 09:52:00 PM

Sheesh! wtf is going on? lmao!

SLG: SPWZuB9HsZVQNiHCbLQyw32EdRdVtt87We
Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 10:03:05 PM

The problem here is that the POD credibility/usefulness starts to really struggle.
Midascoin also had a good POD and the devs just disappeared scamming everyone. Now it's GLOW which also has a good POD review. What purpose does it serve if once the community find the truth, nothing can be done anyway ?

As I see it, POD is only a harder step for scammer to achieve their goal. But it also has the very bad side effect of filtering out all the wannabee scammer to only let pass the serious ones that are not afraid to afford a fake passport and create a fake identity.

In this sense, POD is pretty useless, harmful even, giving a false impression of security, and making people less prone to do the necessary background checks on the team behind the coin.

The concept of the POD system is ridiculous. You are putting the burden of proof on a system that is just begging to be tampered with and manipulated. CryptoAsian is placing himself in a position where he is acting as a notary, or witness thereof, yet there the system he has put into place is as thin as the fake photoshop passport Mr. Glow used to obtain "Certification". I'm sorry, but it's joke.

There is no governing authority or body which certifies coins. We all need to learn, once again, from this. Its not as if this is the first time.

Dev's who want to be taken seriously as "SERIOUS DEVS" should take meaningful steps to show they are committed to the coins they produce.

Now the system that CryptoAsian came up with is simply "high school".

I'd propose something along the following:

- Devs should register their coin name within their jurisdiction as a corporation or business entity. Their governments would require them to provide actual proof of existence. Incorporate. Create and LLC.

- Devs could provide a Notarized Letter of Proof of Identity - which can be checked.

- Devs should provide a minimum of 2 years internet presence on multiple portals. Ebay, Paypal Verified, Facebook, Etc.

If a Dev isnt willing to provide the above - do you really want to buy his currency? I mean really?

People need to get real. In all honesty - and this is THE TRUTH, the people scamming everyone, are likely very close to all of us. The ones we trust to give us calls. You know who they are.  These coins are not produced by random Chinese programmers. They are put out by people who pose as your friends. People you have come to trust.

The truth is you know nothing about them. But they have your ear... and you listen... and you buy... and they know that. They prey on that.

Strato
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 12:23:14 AM

Dont be naiv guys.

-Pumpers hire devs and make their own coins

-Instamine, premine, hidden blocks, ddos on other pools ...

-Making POD by crypto asian (ROFL)

-hype the coin

-sell on noobs

-build up a story like blame the unknown dev

-same unknown dev already is making a new coin

Follow these guys on twitter to sort these coins out and not to take buy advice.

You can try to make some money with that but dont cry if you lose  Cool

PhattyBanks

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 12:41:51 AM

and ocminer exposed this dev as the ghost coin dev on page two, you guys are some dumb motherfuckers
undercoveragent

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 01:22:56 AM

Sure am glad I recovered my investment at 8k...

Now what am I gonna do with 50k GLOW  Huh
infazan

Activity: 538
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 09:37:59 AM

pod - scam - https://twitter.com/Anti_Pump/status/526305668060688384
supahash

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:06:13 AM

Looks like its being bought up cheap?
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:10:28 AM

There are a lot of serious devs in the cryptoscene. Most of these devs are with the older coins, coins that most of you find not interesting, because they are not hyped. These Dev's spend a lot of time in coding and THEY believe that crypto is the future.

These scam dev's that create one coin after the other are not the devs that you should be investing in.....let them prove themselves first.
These new coins that are just copies have a high risk factor....big pre-mines, devs with low activity numbers, promise to much....

It is very harmfull for Crypto in general these coins and devs (If you can call them dev's).

POD is also a useless instrument, I have said that many times to my own team. Who is the guy running it? Is he to be trusted, or does he give 5 POD's for 5 BTC? Why is this self assigned profeet the one that YOU should believe?

Now we have a coin that is a scam, he won't make public the personal details unless the police or court forces him. Why? If somebody decides to make a visit to the scamdev and something happens to him, the police will find that CryptoAsian is an accomplish.

Does CryptoAsian take over the responsibilty of the coin or do they continue the development? I don't think so...so it's an useless instrument, unless you want to use it to hype (Pump & Dump) a coin.

This is how I think about these things, you can think totaly different....and you are allowed to, offcourse
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:20:48 AM

Why can people not buy ROSCOIN Cheesy At least i know that DEV is working hard, but still nobody cares.Smiley
HKBvM

Activity: 398

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:57:07 AM

There are a lot of serious devs in the cryptoscene. Most of these devs are with the older coins, coins that most of you find not interesting, because they are not hyped. These Dev's spend a lot of time in coding and THEY believe that crypto is the future.

These scam dev's that create one coin after the other are not the devs that you should be investing in.....let them prove themselves first.
These new coins that are just copies have a high risk factor....big pre-mines, devs with low activity numbers, promise to much....

It is very harmfull for Crypto in general these coins and devs (If you can call them dev's).

POD is also a useless instrument, I have said that many times to my own team. Who is the guy running it? Is he to be trusted, or does he give 5 POD's for 5 BTC? Why is this self assigned profeet the one that YOU should believe?

Now we have a coin that is a scam, he won't make public the personal details unless the police or court forces him. Why? If somebody decides to make a visit to the scamdev and something happens to him, the police will find that CryptoAsian is an accomplish.

Does CryptoAsian take over the responsibilty of the coin or do they continue the development? I don't think so...so it's an useless instrument, unless you want to use it to hype (Pump & Dump) a coin.

This is how I think about these things, you can think totaly different....and you are allowed to, offcourse

Sorry, no one will read this. They are all busy buying the next shitcoin (dsb) to make up for their losses.

Other than that, you are mostly right.
anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 12:24:49 PM

Lol I bought glow instead of mining dsb.. I picked the wrong shitcoin!

twitter @antiiclimax
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 12:25:32 PM

I did a POD for ROSCOIN, and i can say that i didn't pay him any money and i doubt that people are paying him money for 5 PODs. Sometimes peopel really write bullshit here. unbelievable. It is just a service that this guy offers, so how can he be responsible for a coin?
smackii

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 12:46:47 PM

and DIED
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 01:01:51 PM

Dont be naiv guys.

-Pumpers hire devs and make their own coins

-Instamine, premine, hidden blocks, ddos on other pools ...
-Making POD by crypto asian (ROFL)
-hype the coin
-sell on noobs
-build up a story like blame the unknown dev
-same unknown dev already is making a new coin

Follow these guys on twitter to sort these coins out and not to take buy advice.

You can try to make some money with that but dont cry if you lose  Cool

you are 100% right, and they make their own hype with the whole group of followers

Also I've started a list of twitter accounts, if you have time to add other scammers to pumpers & followers :

http://cryptotrust.io/topic/402/twitter-who-are-you-following-traders-or-scammers

nb: Glow added to the list of POD Scam coins : http://cryptotrust.io/topic/244/pod-scams-list-of-scam-projects-with-pod (and i think you can fill this list with a lot of other coins)

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
GlowCoin (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 01:32:13 PM

We like to make a final statement about what happend:

Regarding the GlowShop, we made a deal with a group of investors. To back us up for the first 2 months and get things going.

Friday night ~23:30 european time we recieved a message from these so called investors:

"We had our fun. It was never our intention to help you. We we're aiming for volume only. And fontaspumps is now by your side, so you dont need us anymore"

We will not name these investors. We dont trust them anymore, and are feeling threatened currently.

We never contacted a "pumpgroup" to give us volume. they contacted us. I am certain other coin developers can confirm this. This is the way they work.

I am also reading a lot of wrong information about our premine. We we're left with 31.500 GLOW in the end. We destroyed ~70K of it, wich can not be redeemed. Ever. Earlz helped us with this, like he did with many other coins. The rest was all paid to bountiehunters or our signature campaign.

We only bought ~5K glow on c-cex. Buying more meant scrapping another address in the top50 because of our psp. Which would not make any sense at all.

After this whole fiasco we decided to pull the plug. Unfortunately trustworthy business in cryptocurrency is faaaaar away from reality. You can thank all the pump and dumpers for that.

We really had a vision. And are currently looking to continue this vision in a "no need for investors" manner.

For what its worth at this moment. We are not scammers. Dumping a 31.5K glow premine for less then 1btc, after two months of wasted time is more then a loss. If we wanted to scam, we would already have dumped our premine at c-cex for 4K+ satoshi while we still had 120K+ glow. But we didnt.

To be continued

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: