Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:33:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for 160 BTC loan for 90 days  (Read 876 times)
Bigal (OP)

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 08:42:24 AM

I currently have 3 rigs plus a desktop with a 7970 in it @ 5.5 GH/s which earns ~ 95 BTC a month at the current difficulty. I had planned on another rig but a couple of issues came up and I ran out of funds to finish it. Everyone knows time is money and by the time I earn enough to finish the last rig there may not be enough time to pay for itself before the reward drop, not that I think anything will happen but it makes it much harder to invest in mining equipment if it can't pay for itself in a timely manner. I already have a new power supply that I briefly tried to sell here and was just about ready to put it on ebay and move on and thought what the heck maybe somebody will throw me a bone and give me a loan. 

I completely understand I have a whole 11 posts here counting this one and this post is definitely prime material for the trolls and I'm eagerly waiting on the comments about getting out of noob jail and straight to the lending section and quite frankly unless I was loaded with BTC and loved to take risks I wouldn't loan to me either but I'm sure I'll be able to satisfy any necessary information a potential lender might need or I wouldn't bother asking.

I know the sum is quite large even for a trusted member to ask for but if I can't fund a complete rig the efficiency is just too low and the return is just too small for the trouble of building one with just a card or two.

The funds would be used to purchase 5 gpus plus motherboard/cpu extenders etc. I'm shooting for at least 1850 MH/s with 5850/5870s unless I can get a stellar deal on 5830s.

Terms:half plus interest on day 60, half plus interest on day 90, I hope to pay off early but I want to make sure I have plenty of wiggle room in case of any unforeseen downtime or massive difficulty spikes.

Interest: I'm open to offers here assuming I get any at all. I know interest rates here are quite high especially if you are extremely high risk as I am but I don't feel like getting raped either, I'm content with what I have already so if I can't get a reasonable rate I'll just pass on it.

For your viewing pleasure: http://postimage.org/gallery/787iu59s/

The rig in the corner is missing a gpu it had a 6970 in it but I sold it and I have a 5870 coming, should be here today and then it will be moved to it's home in the basement.

The Small Time Miner Pools   CryptoCoin Ticker   BTC 1EHV2BY8JcvpBqnMqq5BSkbZvFHT7ndpnz    LTC  LaBigaLvm7L8XT5urnwJW5MpoArBAjsk2X
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nckrazze

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 04:02:38 PM

Impressive, hope you get a loan.

I'm in the same boat looking to expand with a loan for 150btc.

I wish I could help you, but I only have a third of what you need.
Bigal (OP)

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 11:20:45 AM

Impressive, hope you get a loan.

I'm in the same boat looking to expand with a loan for 150btc.

I wish I could help you, but I only have a third of what you need.

Thanks, I read your post which actually inspired me to have the nerve to even ask for a loan, you probably need it more than I do so my vote is for you to land one.

Turns out the 5870 it got yesterday is a POS! makes the third one now hence the issues I stated previously, last one took about 6 weeks to recover my money from so I'm sure this will probably be the same and the fact that no one seems interested in a loan I think I'm just going order another 7970 from Newegg. I think they do 6 or 12 months interest free if you open a preferred account plus $20 off if you spend $100 and the 3 free game codes deal makes it a pretty appealing deal, not quite what I was hoping for in terms of hash power but it will have to do for now.

Thanks to anyone that may have considered giving me a loan maybe we'll do business in the future.

The Small Time Miner Pools   CryptoCoin Ticker   BTC 1EHV2BY8JcvpBqnMqq5BSkbZvFHT7ndpnz    LTC  LaBigaLvm7L8XT5urnwJW5MpoArBAjsk2X
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: