Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 12:53:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Canadian Housing & Bitcoin  (Read 4185 times)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:41:02 PM

Every housing market has its own different characteristics. The death of the UK's bubble has been predicted for several years and seems to shrug it off completely. Massive immigration is definitely a factor there and pathetic amounts of house building. I really wonder what it'll take to tip it over the edge into a crash.

Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:56:20 PM

Every housing market has its own different characteristics. The death of the UK's bubble has been predicted for several years and seems to shrug it off completely. Massive immigration is definitely a factor there and pathetic amounts of house building. I really wonder what it'll take to tip it over the edge into a crash.

This is true but the Vancouver(Canada) market is different because it is being used as a place to get money out of China. It may be happening all around the world but Vancouver has less room and is proximity wise closer to China. It has gotten so bad that I receive mail in Chinese asking me to sell my house on a weekly basis. There are empty houses from foreign investors that are turning into tear downs in the most expensive areas.
UK is different due to the different areas you take in for investing.
The bubble has been pushed back due to the Asian investors here and that is the reason it has not surfaced,think the U.K is dealing with different dynamics.
Like more broader collective of foreign investors.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:58:46 PM

This is true but the Vancouver(Canada) market is different because it is being used as a place to get money out of China.

What is it about Canada that attracts the Chinese so much?
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 09:04:32 PM

We have very loose laws about foreign investment and our current Provincial government is turning a blind eye. Think a lot of people in China where worried about
a crack down and wanted to get their money out lately as well. We have mountains that limit how far you can develop the area and the downtown core is pretty close to a island and also very limited in space.
Also its proximity to China. Its become like owning a gucci purse,they all know about Vancouver and its status to own here.

I know Australia cracked down recently but our government is scared to do so,due to how many people are profiting off this crazy push upwards.
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 07:51:05 AM

This is true but the Vancouver(Canada) market is different because it is being used as a place to get money out of China.

It's an english speaking country, and is/was very easy to immigrate to. A lot of people have family who are now canadian citizens.
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 02:53:13 PM

Almost all of my friends are 100% or 99% invested in real estate.....

Almost every chart I look at implies Canadian housing is in a MASSIVE MASSIVE bubble.. our ecom is real estate..

When it fails I am wondering if others think BTC and PMs will lift off.

You must live on the west coast,this real estate market is going to blow and people are going to be committing suicide left and right.
I know guys that have never worked a day in their lives that just flip houses and have made decent coin but they also overextend themselves and reinvest due to the Asian influence on our prices.
When the bubble does burst it will effect me more in a work related sense as the new construction permits will flow to a trickle.
Jobs will be put on hold as companies that also speculated go under. Its going to be nasty if the day comes because a lot of people have taken out loans against their current value of the house or they are paying max just to get into the market. If the value goes up or down to fast people can catch heat.

I do not see people flooding to bitcoin when that happens though. More likely it will be to late for a bunch of people.
You watch t.v and the news will parade real estate agents through telling you now is the time to buy,have they ever not said that!

How fast and far do you think the TO area will fall if at all?

It seems this game could go on for decades :S..
Nunu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 08:53:40 AM

Yeah, i want to know, too!

What's the connection between Canada and China?

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:09:10 AM

Yeah, i want to know, too!

What's the connection between Canada and China?

It is a particular connection because China and Canada begin both with the "C". This is an important thing. Another important thing which connect Canada with China is that both has at least an "a" within. It is not important the overall amount of "a" in both names but that it is at least one of those in every each of these. Then are even not important thing like Canada is a very good place to live because is one of the most qualitative places in the world regarding the quality of life make there and Chinese people are to smart and want always the best for themselves. So send money there before send themselves and theirs family. But has no importance to be told or write.

I made finally a post for which I am proud to be the author of it.  Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: