Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:00:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Abandon BTC  (Read 6814 times)
Robert Paulson

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:27:29 PM

Now post 10 years gold price chart.

To what end?  I said gold is becoming obsolete, not that it was obsolete all along.
I mean, come on, gold?  And you guys think fiat is a dinosaur Cheesy

If gold is becoming obsolete, it's because eventually it'll be digitized. Bitcoin can easily replace physical gold in terms of its function as a store of value

Well sure Bitcoin can easily replace gold.  So could Litecoin and any clonecoin.  Or shares in some dead artist's paintings.
What's your point?

litecoin and any other clonecoin don't have bitcoin's network hashrate nor merchant acceptability, people will always choose the most secure and usable network.
shares in some dead artist's paintings don't have the properties needed for them to be money.

money has to be:
portable
durable
divisible
fungible
scarce
nuff

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:29:17 PM

To what end?  I said gold is becoming obsolete, not that it was obsolete all along.

If gold is becoming obsolete, it's because eventually it'll be digitized. Bitcoin can easily replace physical gold in terms of its function as a store of value

Well sure Bitcoin can easily replace gold.  So could Litecoin and any clonecoin.  Or shares in some dead artist's paintings.
What's your point?

I'm beginning to realize you are too shallow to follow this discussion. Shares in some dead artist's paintings replacing gold? smh. You must be one of those folks who think Bitcoin is just 'magic internet money'
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:33:01 PM

Abandon bitcoin? Go ahead and be left looking like a retard. With Sir Richard Branson now driving the Bitcoin Foundation and changing the very nature of bitcoin, only a fool would bail out. Bitcoin is about to undergo a change. BTC symbol to be replaced with XBT. 1 BTC will become 1 million XBT.

When billionaires front run bitcoin, it is no time to sell.

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/press-releases/press-release-october-7-2014-bitcoin-foundation-financial-standards-working-group-leads-the-way-for-mainstream-bitcoin-adoption-2/

Buy now be wealthy, very wealthy, later!

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:51:38 PM

What's your point?

I'm beginning to realize you are too shallow to follow this discussion. Shares in some dead artist's paintings replacing gold? smh. You must be one of those folks who think Bitcoin is just 'magic internet money'

Wrong again.
Stop relying on your ever-erroneous realizations, and ask an adult to help.
nuff

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:16:07 PM

What's your point?

Wrong again.
Stop relying on your ever-erroneous realizations, and ask an adult to help.

yep, confirmed not only shallow but juvenile too, resorting to childish retorts. Get back here when you grow up, this is too deep for you.
gragas

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:45:57 PM

is everyone saying fuck bitcoin?  Huh
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:29:38 PM

is everyone saying fuck bitcoin?  Huh

Well, at this point everybody is mostly saying fuck OP, just in more polite terms and with reasoning.

i am satoshi
xcapator

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

Here I Am !!

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:14:27 PM

What ? Abandon bitcoin ? @OP you must be joking, right ? Bitcoin will succeed, do you remember the last bubble, with a few chinese nerds buying the BTC till the moon? well that is going to happen again but now instead of chinese nerds you will have wall street kids with big wallets.

kooke

Activity: 448

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:40:56 AM

Goodbye my old friend.

Mervyn_Pumpkinhead (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:58:54 AM

1. working multi-sig implemented in actual businesses, for one.
It's a lot easier to implement multi-sig to alts, then it's to implement advancements in coin creation (PoS mining or stability mechanism) to bitcoin.

2. oh yes it did. it had a 4 million address space problem which was noticed 20 years ago and was fixed in a follow-up protocol ipv6  18 (!!) years ago and still it has 3% penetration regardless of everyone's efforts. Because it costs money to upgrade all the infrastructure! Even though most hardware supports it, nobody cares enough to fix software because there's no fatal flaw and everything "just works" on ipv4. That would be the reasoning why bitcoin, if ever replaced, would go out in a very long co-existence process with a new currency.
IPv4's space exhaustion and bitcoins impracticalities aren't comparable. IPv4 is usable for it's purpose, but only has limitations in future expansion. Bitcoin in another hand, has impracticalities that limit it from being a practical currency at the present time. So, a more advanced system needs to be taken into use at present also.

3. There is some truth to it, that service investments are currency-agnostic, however as I firmly believe, bitcoin can't possibly just "disappear" as myspace did - many unique services are bitcoin only, millions of USD in support network is bitcoin-only, so the switch will be slow and painful, not matter how amazingly good new currency might be.

Your reasoning is very similar to early delusional bulls who said "ok bitcoin is so much superior to the world's financial system that it will replace all of it tomorrow". This just does not happen like that. Step 1 - you build something that is unique and impossible under the old system. Step 2 - you win users to trust you with their finances.  Step 3 - they move.

You think that right after you come up with a better idea you go to Step 1 "it wins". You miss alot of steps.

Those millions mean nothing when considering the potential that this idea of open-sourced monetary systems have. This idea has potential to become practical on the larger scale to actually make money much cheaper. Meaning that it will cost a lot less in the future to hold up the monetary system. Bitcoin can only offer an innovative gambling platform for people to play on. It's impractical as money, because it lacks any mechanism for stability, and that is one of the most important aspects of an quality currency.

So if I understand you correctly, you are telling people to invest in altcoins (probably with more or less specific recommendations based on coins you own).
Where is that any different at all from bitcoin early adopters?
I'm telling people that it would be better to realize that the time of bitcoin is at it's end.
My aim is not to tell that the beginnings of new and better cryptos are any different then the beginning of bitcoin was. Bitcoin had it's time when it was advanced for it's time. Now that time is at it's end.

Do you want me to buy into the nxt early adopters or ripple "cryptocurrency" ? Whats your perspective on alts forked from other innovative alts purely for more fairness with distribution?
I won't tell you on what specific currencies to buy. This would help the bitcoin fanatics to turn this thread into an "trollfest" even more. So, do your own research.
I think that an important part of the technological development of future currencies is a mechanism that will make the distribution more "fair". Meaning that there will be more practicality and less gambling.

All you want is a different wealth distribution with yourself at the top. It is not about wasting energy or being more fair.
It is only about you personally gaining because you find it unfair that others were lucky.
No I don't. Actually that's one of my main criticism of bitcoin fanatics and the rhetoric about their "fight against the evil banksters and unfair distribution". They aren't about changing the system so that monetary rules would be equal to everyone. They are about bringing the old system down, so they could build a clone of that system, only with them on top.
An advanced monetary system will be the one where luck or personal connections have less to do with gain. It will be more transparent and objective in rewarding work.

That isn't the same as bitcoin mining, your Volkswagen analogy. That's doing for the sake of doing things repeatedly, and that is indeed stupid and inefficient. While for the mining of bitcoin using cryptography,  the millions and millions of hashes are required to find the right hash function to solve a block to be able to give out bitcoins. Brute-forcing is the only way to go, as long as cryptocurrencies are based on, duh, cryptography.
My analogy was an counter-argument to an argument, that bitcoins inefficient mining is good because it gives bitcoin value.
This analogy was to clearly show on why giving value to something with useless work is stupid.
The main gain for bitcoins cryptographic system was to offer it security. The security part already failed when all the hashing started to be pooled together on single points. That created a situation where the increase of hashrate didn't increase security of bitcoin. The security of an mining pool doesn't increase with increased hashrate. All you have to do is to compromise those pools to compromise the network. So, bitcoin hashing has absolutely no use.

Money should be cheap if only to encourage spending. And to be honest I personally do not see Bitcoin as currency as much as a store of value. Which is why I don't really feel appropriate calling Bitcoin a cryptocurrency. It's more like digital gold. Like gold, you don't use your gold to buy stuff, you sell your gold for fiat to buy stuff.
Money should be cheap for people, so they could use money without high costs of it's use. Especially if those costs go to useless directions. It has nothing to do with encouraging spending. You're not distinguishing inflation and the cost of money as an tool of trade. These are totally different subjects.
My personal opinion is that it's stupid to consider something as a store of value, that is almost only built on speculation. But that's my taste when choosing where to store value. To me, speculation is fragile and unpredictable when compared to actual stable need.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░         ░                 ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓░     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓   ▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Totle: DEX Aggregator 

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▓███    █████   
                    █     ▓█▒   █   
                   ██       ██▒██   
                   █                
            █████████████           
   ████████░             ░████████  
  █░ ░██                     ▒█▒  ██
  █░██     ░▓▓▓▒      ▓▓▓▒     ░█ ██
   ██      ▒▓▓▓▓     ▒▓▓▓▓      ██  
   ██        ░░        ░░       ▒█  
    █░                          █   
     █▓      ██░      ██░     ░█    
       ██░       ████      ░██      
          ████████████████    

▄▄████
                ▄▄▄████████▌
          ▄▄▄███████▀▄█████
     ▄▄█████████▀▀ ▄██████▌
▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████
 ▀▀▀█████▀    ▄██████████▌
       ██   █████████████
        █▄ █████████████▌
        ▐█▄███▀▀████████
         ███▀    ▀▀████▌
                    ▀▀█
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:06:43 AM

I think in the long term, none of the alt-coins will ever survive.

Even dogecoin or darkcoin is a long way away even from coming close to Litecoin.

And litecoin compared to bitcoin is very very weak.
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 12:27:34 PM

Litecoin is dead & has been for a while... Only the bots are keeping this thing alive! Going all in with BTC is better for the community than spreading the wealth all around into alt coins that will all fail anyway! Litecoin is sinking wayy tooo fasttt
Sarahiko

Activity: 772
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:48:38 PM

Whether or not Bitcoin becomes a major currency, financial technologists can learn from the innovations that have come out of the system.
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 01:55:50 PM

Whether or not Bitcoin becomes a major currency, financial technologists can learn from the innovations that have come out of the system.

They already have & they said they will use the technology... They will try to kill btc over the next year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hfGExP6WY
jianluca0808

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 08:29:34 PM

Agree with this one still. Looks like the end of BTC and a better time to buy others, such as ETH.
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 08:39:52 PM

And what are those more advanced cryptocurrencies? Sure, we have some that have potential and altcoins are easier and more profitable to mine, but if Bitcoin crashes, all the cryptocurrencies will go with it. Bitcoin is first, everything else is a copy or a chance for someone to get some money out of it.
Alternative cryptocurrencies are for mining, and then you simply trade it for Bitcoin and hold Bitcoin.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
buyinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 09:38:35 PM

Goodbye my old friend.
well i doubt that you or anyone other should abandon the bitcoins, in my opinion the price of the bitcoin is definitely going to up, it will make me good money

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
wikenpp

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 09:43:55 PM

I think in the long term, none of the alt-coins will ever survive.

Even dogecoin or darkcoin is a long way away even from coming close to Litecoin.

And litecoin compared to bitcoin is very very weak.

Those coin don't have an developer team helping to bring innovation. To last you need developments, and both litecoin and dogecoin fail to deliver.
If bitcoin won't innovate and keeps innovating I am positive some altcoin will take over, although that will be hard, since the bitcoin ecosystem these days has grown substantially.
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 6863

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 09:44:13 PM

The market speaks for itself, not in words but in constant repricing.  This thread is quite old, and the sentiment has turned out to be wrong.  The other cryptos have mostly gone down the toilet as far as value goes, with the exception of a few, and bitcoin is soaring.  So the market is completely disagreeing here.  Bitcoin is so far ahead of the others it isn't even funny.  If people even know about cryptocurrency, it's bitcoin that they know about.  If any crypto makes the mainstream news, it's bitcoin.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
█████████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
Nimbulan

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 10:20:52 PM

Agree with this one still. Looks like the end of BTC and a better time to buy others, such as ETH.
pff, who still cares about ethereum with their hard forks and stuff? i think bitcoin is way better than all the other coins and it will remain the best

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print