Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:04:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The BTC market is becoming like the alt pump and dump game  (Read 4215 times)
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 04:08:18 AM

Bitcoin is actually the exact chart of a textbook pump n dump scheme... After the initial pump to $1 or two, the stock slowly starts selling off into the penny zone .01 where it starts getting dumped ridiculously fast until .0001

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ravenjt

Activity: 215

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:33:15 AM

Dont worry WE are already working to get what's needed...

As many have said before the real goal is to get an ever-growing community of USERS and most importantly MERCHANTS to use the coin and of course we... the dealers and holders...

We are working to get there already...

Maybe any of you have any idea that we can make to help it doit faster... but even if you arent, dont you worry... ANY of us can be HOLDER in fact it doesnt even matter what ALT coin you preffer, you only need to pick one or two if you preffer and wait thats it... in time all those coins are going to be merged into a single one.

and then all of the HOLDS are going to worth a lot.

by that time a lot of people is going to be using those coins ( all over the world) but in order to do that we need to work together thats why we need eachother.

RESPECT

SO in your view any old dodgy alt coin someone has dreamt up will become equally (and highly) valuable?
Just create a coin, and you will become rich?
I don't think the world works like that. We would end up with infinite (worthless) coins.
Bitcoin has value as it has uniqueness. Without that, the fundamental value is zero, even if it is useful. Like air. Air is free.
jcoin200

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:27:54 PM

280 one day, 350 a few days later, now heading back into the 300s?

This is the kind of stuff that gets us made fun of in the mainstream news.

Was it ever anything but a pump and dump game?

I mean most people involved in btc probably wouldn't be wasting their time if it weren't a chance to make money.  Most dont care about use as a currency or the technological advances it makes over the USD.
malykii

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:55:31 PM

Date Registered:   January 21, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

^^ This is why this post thread exists.

My date registered is a bit later, but I still feel there is a core point of technology that still hasn't been fully realized.  I work in technology, and this is still new to people like me.  This is a long play, even if it isn't Bitcoin that makes it happen.  Crypto is here to stay, and that idea will only grow with time.

That's effectively my stance.  Bitcoin as a currency is incredibly interesting, but in my opinion not nearly as interesting as the decentralized network upon which it operates.

My only point in referencing the registration date of the OP is only to highlight that this type of volatility is nothing new, and we've ebbed and flowed through these cycles before.  To say that Bitcoin is "becoming" like a pump-and-dump blah blah blah is a statement cast from a more narrow range of experience.

I understand what you are getting at, and I agree, the decentralized network is what I feel will be the thing we are talking about the most 10-20 years from now.  Technology moves too fast for me to confidently say Bitcoin will be the main crypto people use, but I am confident in saying crypto will be a common terminology to a lot more people in the world.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 05:43:10 PM

Completely got tired of these p&d and manipulation whinning topics. Bitcoin is what it is, it's real market as much as it can get, no one can fake them. Accept the game or GTFO.
FFS, P&D has it's own risks, it's not always profitable. Manipulation, I don't count p&d as manipulation, only things like fake USD on exchanges can be called manipulation, actually stealing. Bitcoin must get much more adopted and mature for stability of price.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:36:18 PM

I predicted all of this. Read my latest posts.

Sub 250 coming by Monday. Mark my words.

We already marked your words.

Sub 260 in less than 24 hours.

Just another dead cat bounce, one of countless these last few months. Nothing strange or unexpected about that. Sub 280 is coming back in less than a day.

newjobsonline

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:56:58 AM

Dont worry WE are already working to get what's needed...

As many have said before the real goal is to get an ever-growing community of USERS and most importantly MERCHANTS to use the coin and of course we... the dealers and holders...

We are working to get there already...

Maybe any of you have any idea that we can make to help it doit faster... but even if you arent, dont you worry... ANY of us can be HOLDER in fact it doesnt even matter what ALT coin you preffer, you only need to pick one or two if you preffer and wait thats it... in time all those coins are going to be merged into a single one.

and then all of the HOLDS are going to worth a lot.

by that time a lot of people is going to be using those coins ( all over the world) but in order to do that we need to work together thats why we need eachother.

RESPECT

SO in your view any old dodgy alt coin someone has dreamt up will become equally (and highly) valuable?
Just create a coin, and you will become rich?
I don't think the world works like that. We would end up with infinite (worthless) coins.
Bitcoin has value as it has uniqueness. Without that, the fundamental value is zero, even if it is useful. Like air. Air is free.

Not quite exactly but yes, the general idea is that... not exactly because not everyone can create a GOOD coin. is not only the coin but it has to be good .

I like some alt coins and I know many of you have your own favorites.

also like air , it was one time water was free...

I am not saying all coins are going to be EXTREMELY valuable but yes they all are going to cost something because all the coins will have people that trust in them and if there are holders, miners, traders and merchants then the coin will go higher and higher in value...

RESPECT

desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:24:58 AM

In fact, there some exchanges are more and more like gambling establishments, not BTC market.

KJO

Activity: 173

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:31:37 PM

Where is this sub 250 you promised? Mark your words as totally useless.
maker88

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:22:30 PM

marked and like so many of your predictions, wrong.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4455

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:30:42 PM

Marked.
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:03:46 AM

Marked....but like the post itself, it was a waste of time. Sad

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
fewcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 01:11:54 AM

The pump looks to be successful on NO volume... watch out for the dump soon!
jcoin200

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:14:46 AM

Exactly what I'm thinking...seems to have been an artificial pump
ANTIcentralized

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:03:15 AM

Marked.
It is really not possible to make these kinds of predictions with any level of accuracy. The short term movements of the prices of any security is generally random and can be influenced by a large number of factors. It is only the long term price that can be more accurately predicted.
arieq

Activity: 364
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:16:30 PM

really? how many bitcoins are there? how many bitcoins are traded every day? those bitcoins are always the same, most people is not selling his bitcoins, only traders ans speculators.

asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 02:01:49 PM

Marked.

it will not happen. not even close.
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 02:13:15 PM

Marked.

it will not happen. not even close.

Why not?
labsbitforum

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 02:45:07 PM

]It is really not possible to make these kinds of predictions with any level of accuracy. The short term movements of the prices of any security is generally random and can be influenced by a large number of factors. It is only the long term price that can be more accurately predicted.
We don't want your fundamental understanding or logic.  This sub forum is only for emotion and feelings.  And the occasional "My mom is a psychic and she said..."
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 02:57:22 PM

Well you need to understand that traders love volatility. Lately for most of the year, unless its trending downward, there was hardly any volume or movement. I think we had the least volume since 2012 a few weeks back. So this is good for traders. More liquidity.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██