Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:33:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Auction] MoneyPot.com is for sale!  (Read 7416 times)
CryptoDigitals

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

R.I.P CRYPTODIGITALS PASSED AWAY

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:17:53 PM

Its pretty telling he wont answer the above post even though he has seen it and commented on it elsewhere.

Which post?

R.I.P       CryptoDigitals         Born 9-30-14       Died 4-12-15
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 08:23:07 PM

Its pretty telling he wont answer the above post even though he has seen it and commented on it elsewhere.

Which post?

Don't feed the trolls.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
uvwvj

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:26:06 PM

iv been speaking to Eric for about a week about either buying equity or possibly buying the site. When we first spoke he evaluated the company at an outrageous 250k, then a few days later he told me about a company offering him 100k cash and a gaming liscense and what not, but he told me it would mean he would still have to work for the company for salary but he would have to give ownership of moneypot to them. Now he is taking bids of 20 bitcoins for a possibility of selling money pot for just 20 bitcoins. Im a potential buyer but theres these inconsistencies that make weary of bidding. Why would any one turn down 100k, and salary??

This post - Someone has a lot of explaining to do
shyne1515

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:46:27 PM

Im not saying Eric is scamming, im actually giving him the benefit of a doubt, its the reason i registered for this site and posted. And the reason im still even interested in the site. I just need things cleared up before any actual funds are given to anyone. I think these are all valid topics and deserve the attention to be answered individually before anyone was to actually bid on a website with so much risk involved.
shyne1515

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:55:26 PM

To me he seems very upfront about his website and who he is but then theres still a lot of questions that still needs to be answered
espringe (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:55:59 PM

iv been speaking to Eric for about a week about either buying equity or possibly buying the site. When we first spoke he evaluated the company at an outrageous 250k, then a few days later he told me about a company offering him 100k cash and a gaming liscense and what not, but he told me it would mean he would still have to work for the company for salary but he would have to give ownership of moneypot to them. Now he is taking bids of 20 bitcoins for a possibility of selling money pot for just 20 bitcoins. Im a potential buyer but theres these inconsistencies that make weary of bidding. Why would any one turn down 100k, and salary??

Circumstances change. You came to me, asking about buying the site. I said 250k, an amount I'd still accept. You countered with something less than the value of the used domain (before it even was used for anything), and unsurprisingly we did not reach an agreement.

A company with an existing gambling license said they would be prepared to pay in the order of 100k for a large percent of the equity, and I'd run it as a subsidiary of their (So their license can be used for it). The money would not go to me personally, but rather to the company. Even now, those are terms I would not be prepared to accept, as I'd be selling all my upsides while having to manage the whole thing.

espringe (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:56:41 PM

To me he seems very upfront about his website and who he is but then theres still a lot of questions that still needs to be answered

If you put them in question format, I would be able to answer them for you.
espringe (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:00:04 PM

So basically he's selling a site which is nothing but problems, that is being attacked, and that has resulted in his own safety being put into question - as well as his family?

If he had an offer for 100k he should have taken it, if it was a real offer at all who knows. Someone above said the source is posted on Github, which means anyone could download and launch a similar service under a different name if they knew what they were doing.

Yea the game is different. But with bitcoin fads are here one day gone the next. Its only a matter of time before this site is old news and something new comes out that everyone runs to. Me personally I lost on Moneypots. Not a lot around .2 BTC, but still it didnt seem like anything more than a pick a number hope it hits that number game.

Not that I could afford to buy it, but that sounds like not a great thing to invest in. I mean basically it's buy my site, comes with attackers, hackers trying to ddos, people trying to harm me, thats crazy.

Just my thoughts on it... but who knows Im sure someone will buy it.

In a nutshell. Buyer beware. On the flip side, it's had great growth, it's got a great user base, and it's made in one month more than the opening bid.
espringe (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:05:33 PM

To anyone bidding, please read the rules and make sure you are bidding at least 10% more than the previous bid. The bid of 4 BTC is too low to be accepted, and will be returned to sender.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:26:50 PM

To anyone bidding, please read the rules and make sure you are bidding at least 10% more than the previous bid. The bid of 4 BTC is too low to be accepted, and will be returned to sender.

Note that I won't return any bids until the auction is over, and I will sum all bids from each sending address (only the first input of each transaction is to be considered "the sending address", so use coin-control to make sure all your bids come from the same place). The 4 BTC bid could be increased and end up winning, so I'll wait until the end before returning anything.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
espringe (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:43:58 AM

Note that I won't return any bids until the auction is over, and I will sum all bids from each sending address (only the first input of each transaction is to be considered "the sending address", so use coin-control to make sure all your bids come from the same place). The 4 BTC bid could be increased and end up winning, so I'll wait until the end before returning anything.

I definitely should have specified those terms in the original post, but as I can not edit it -- would it be overly burdensome to refund the losing bids prior to the end of the auction? If prior to a refunding happening, multiple bids come from the send 1st ending address they can be treated as a single bid. I'd hate for people to be mislead by what i wrote on the first page, unless they read an amendment on page three  (although really, I'm not sure they should be bidding if they can't get through three pages..)
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:34:51 AM

http://blockchain.info/address/14vaf3D63XpfqEbM3LM8pMNB7mNoX4Xrd7

Interesting. Seems you got a buyer. Good luck new owner!

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:43:10 AM

I definitely should have specified those terms in the original post, but as I can not edit it -- would it be overly burdensome to refund the losing bids prior to the end of the auction? If prior to a refunding happening, multiple bids come from the send 1st ending address they can be treated as a single bid. I'd hate for people to be mislead by what i wrote on the first page, unless they read an amendment on page three  (although really, I'm not sure they should be bidding if they can't get through three pages..)

I'm not particularly set on doing it the way I said, it just seems like the only way that makes sense. No bid is a losing bid until the auction is over.

The auction is only for a week (or so, possibly a little longer if we need to deal with last minute 'snipes') so it's not like we're tying anyone's coins up for very long, and refunding all losing bets at once makes it a lot easier to keep track of what coins are going where.

I should also mention that the auction address is an address in the Just-Dice hot wallet. There's a chance that the coins will move before the auction ends, due to old Just-Dice investors withdrawing their coins (it has been months I know, but some people are still only just realising that the site is no longer accepting bets). I have more coins in offline storage so don't worry if it looks like I'm spending the auction bids!

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BBmmBB

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:56:07 PM

I'm not particularly set on doing it the way I said, it just seems like the only way that makes sense. No bid is a losing bid until the auction is over.

The auction is only for a week (or so, possibly a little longer if we need to deal with last minute 'snipes') so it's not like we're tying anyone's coins up for very long, and refunding all losing bets at once makes it a lot easier to keep track of what coins are going where.

I should also mention that the auction address is an address in the Just-Dice hot wallet. There's a chance that the coins will move before the auction ends, due to old Just-Dice investors withdrawing their coins (it has been months I know, but some people are still only just realising that the site is no longer accepting bets). I have more coins in offline storage so don't worry if it looks like I'm spending the auction bids!

sounds legit ! lol  Roll Eyes
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:08:12 AM

sounds legit ! lol  Roll Eyes

Dooglus made well over 1000BTC from commissions from running his Just-Dice site, I dont think anyone is worried about him running off with the auction bids  Roll Eyes
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:36:42 AM

Dooglus made well over 1000BTC from commissions from running his Just-Dice site, I dont think anyone is worried about him running off with the auction bids  Roll Eyes

There were getting to be too many coins in the Just-Dice hot wallet, so I've moved 200 of them off the server.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Edser

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:07:31 PM

did i just see a bid of over 36btc and then a flat 100btc?
are those legit or more just dice coins?

quote defcoin ==== LOL... oh no, the coin is dead cause $DEV doesn't live on BCT! When will you people learn that everything on here is completely irrelevant next to useless. Devs need to stop using it all together, only then can crypto begin to flourish. It's such a shame that people consider this shit hole to be the pinnacle of information when it comes to developments. I don't blame $DEV for not coming on here, and frankly I am embarrassed that I even check BCT myself.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:02:05 PM

doog, I know you've probably not had to escrow so many transactions before, but some friendly advice if you choose to continue doing it: use a fresh cold address for every new contract, used or unused.  I have several that never happened, they stay empty because I just use a new address for a new contract.

xXTMC3Xx

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:22:51 PM

100 BTC bid ;p. Looks like someone is really interested.

PrimedicePlayersUnion

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:20:30 AM

This is why we can't have nice things.

Was moneypot nice? I thought it was a shitty ass game.
the interface could be a little better but the concept is great

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: