Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:51:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XPM] Ever heard of Prime Coin ?  (Read 4502 times)
iampingu

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 04:00:03 PM

CMC is another psychological obstacle preventing intellectual discussion about serious cryptos
Shad3dOne

Activity: 261

Interesting.....

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 06:17:22 PM

I hear this all the time, what a waste POW is. Its not a waste when compared to physical security requirements. For the price of one rent-a-cops salary I could run 30 miners.

No, it is a waste. Bitcoin mining is the single biggest waste of electricity in the world.

@nutildah, Agreed !
i always think what if that BTC hashing power was doing *useful work for us !

We desperately need computers to work for us all over the world in all areas to advance our human civilization.
and the mixing in an incentive to do it WILL catapult humanity's intelligence level by leaps sand bounds !

We're not going to get rid of the "i wanna be rich" bullshit so this XPM coin is one of the first to incentivize the concept i think.
i don't think people out there grasp how big the concept is.. we could positively transform humanity forever.
Change from idiots throwing spearheads on a stick to floating in outer space..

or solving a lot of diseases or solving critical math problems like how to make a warp drive or something to go the nearest star.
the barrier in everything in all of humanity is getting us to work together for free !

this is why we could be wiped out any time by a big comet.. we all know it, but no one is going to lift a finger !
so the best we have is govt sponsored projects like NASA/JPL or University sponsored projects etc that reply on limited incomes.

Imagine everyone on the globe switching to a new digital currency that rewards guys for coughing up hash power for science projects !
We seen what happened when it was done simply for no purpose "security" & transactions etc aka: bitcoin hashing
That is wasted hashing !
most of it could be used to find a cure for a disease or something ..the possibilities are staggering if you think about it !
pouring the entire worlds computer resources hashing power onto one mathematical project could yield some "holy fuck" accomplishments  Shocked
We could maybe use that power to make faster PC's and then use all those to science hash to make faster PC's and so on..
Or how about using a glass of water to power New York city for a year with electricity ?
We're working on this right now and it's called Nuclear Fusion (same thing our star is doing) (opposite of Nuclear fision; AKA the Atom Bomb which does not happen in nature)
One is clean and produces no side effect contaminating us and the other pollutes our planet with radioactive material.
We need computers to make this work and become more and more efficient !

And then we have the Helium-3 reactor problem looming on us and a global race of teams of scientists who need research PC's to setup reactors !
This could likely be the future of power and we need to make reactors to convert Helium 3 (found on the Moon) for power and so far the USA team
has proven the concept works but they are a loooooong way off getting it so it's energy profitable.. it's also suspect others like China may be way further ahead too.
right now you need too much power to run the reactor and get back like 0.1% power the USA team said on TV.
and the same problem is plaguing us with Nuclear Fusion.. the magnetic rings needed to hold the plasma in a circle "off the walls" is costly power wise
and we could sure use a better system.. the plant they are working on right now costs billions coughed up by numerous countries.

like a lot of stuff revolves around complex calculations that need to flesh out mathematical outcomes on infinite branches like tree of possible outcomes.
and this is a massive barrier in every aspect of about every damn problem you can think of !

think of it as trying to guess a password.. you would have to go through every possible combo.
THAT is the concept that holds all of humanity back !
When we can cough up crazy sick ass amounts of computational power we could prob simulate the whole human brain, imagine what that could do !
which we think we can't even do 1% right now with PC's.. our brains are way too complex for computers these days.
so what ?
how about Immortality ?
Like we're talking about some pretty intense and brutally incredible implications !
and i really believe the only way it's going to happen is by a digital-currency mod like how XPM worked sort of..
Tying in the concept of incentivizing computer hash power is the solution !
No longer would people say who cares if a comet is creaming towards us .. i want a Lambo and a gold chain and hookers and crack LOL

I also think we are so close to hitting this tipping point it's scary !
We could have a new coin come out and take over so fast it's disturbing..
Extreme advancements in a super short period of time could have us in hover cars in 10 or 20 years instead 60 or something !
It could get crazy over night !

We need to get on it.. we have work to do !
Like a lot of things holding us back are assembly line manufacturing issues such as with Lithium Ion batteries
and how they have new tech that makes them work way more efficient but the barrier is the assembly process costs too much
so the concept sits in a test lab as proof of concept rather than implemented across the globe.
And last i heard I think it was Samsung who had a break recently on that exact problem and over night we could see fancy new batteries in phones / cars etc..

What i envision is a new coin / digital currency that uses it's hashing power to do scientific work but for a modular design
as in not just calculating Primes like XPM but for individual projects.. like we could have grids for regions of the Earth
and we could have a built in voting system for projects in the wallet so we could vote for the SETI project to find Aliens for the North America Compute Grid
and then it woudl be allotted a specified amount of time to do science work then a new project could be voted on etc..
all the while motivating everyone to get involved because of coin rewards used across the globe as the new digital currency of planet earth !
This doable and i think it will happen and we're a step away.. could be unleashed right this minute !

In less than 100 years you will have USB drives for YOU !
You will plug in a cord and click back up and later upload your entire brains life experiences into a new body i think.
People are already working on this such as well known Russian Billionaire.. this shit is no joke !
Problem is the tech is going to the rich and privileged and with what i said the masses can benefit Smiley

Roll pennies and cash in pop bottles or let's transcend this rock and populate a dozen other planets ?
Money is a temporary thing until we get over ourselves and our childish petty greed.
Why fight over the limited resources on Earth when we could expand our resources by going to other planets ?
Let's think big guys Wink

As Captain Piccard would say, "Make it so, numbah One".

Smiley

Domain for sale -> NXTcoin.com, 200 btc/2.9 M nxt. pm me
like craigslist but for btc! --> Visit BTClist.com
FederationCredits--> C6khbXzADRUeT9di2SpNubCt2UVTuayKMV What's this?
Jimmy_Zed

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:46:02 AM

I hear this all the time, what a waste POW is. Its not a waste when compared to physical security requirements. For the price of one rent-a-cops salary I could run 30 miners.

No, it is a waste. Bitcoin mining is the single biggest waste of electricity in the world.

But its not wasted, what is so difficult to understand, it powers the network. This is not using power for the sake of using power.

Idling my car because I'm too lazy to turn the key off is a waste.

Do we get something for all this electricity use? Yes we get bitcoin. If there was zero benefit then it is a waste.

I think what you are really saying is "buy my POS coin I'm heavily invested in".

Actually he is right. Miners have to dump all the mined BTC at the market because they can barley cover the electricity cost, so right now at this point in time - he's statement is correct.
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:32:03 AM

I can suggest much better coin than XPM.
PM me for that  Smiley
MrBig

Activity: 369

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:17:02 PM

XPM is vulnerable to botnets, which is probably a major reason why it's not a contender anymore in the crypto world. I never bought into it, as it seemed to climb in price quickly when it first came out, and for no good reason. While it may have been more innovative than 99% of the scam coins out there, it was also pumped, dumped and forgotten.
nsimmons

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:15:20 PM

But its not wasted, what is so difficult to understand, it powers the network. This is not using power for the sake of using power.

Idling my car because I'm too lazy to turn the key off is a waste.

Do we get something for all this electricity use? Yes we get bitcoin. If there was zero benefit then it is a waste.

I think what you are really saying is "buy my POS coin I'm heavily invested in".

Actually he is right. Miners have to dump all the mined BTC at the market because they can barley cover the electricity cost, so right now at this point in time - he's statement is correct.

This make no sense at all, because some miners aren't profitable that means the entire bitcoin network is a waste of power?

Whether mining bitcoin is profitable or not, and having pow secure the network are two completely different issues. Plus you make blanket statements like all miners sell all coins..really? Cite your source for every single miner please.

Conflation and confabulation, look them up.

I swear with the shit people make up and believe, combined with the logical fallacies infesting trains of thought I wonder how these people even function at all. I keep thinking people interested in bitcoin are outliers, technically minded, intelligent people. I doubt this more and more every day.

Jimmy_Zed

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 08:10:00 PM

XPM is vulnerable to botnets, which is probably a major reason why it's not a contender anymore in the crypto world. I never bought into it, as it seemed to climb in price quickly when it first came out, and for no good reason. While it may have been more innovative than 99% of the scam coins out there, it was also pumped, dumped and forgotten.

I don't think you are correct. Back when XPM was released 18 months ago, there were only a few alts, and what is happening now would have not applied then. PPC and XPM are basically twin brothers and go up and down together. Still so much potential , because in the sea of so many shitcoins, we know for sure that XPM is legit and unique and has a history. 99% of other alts do not have that.

Jimmy
MrBig

Activity: 369

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 09:03:16 PM

I don't think you are correct. Back when XPM was released 18 months ago, there were only a few alts, and what is happening now would have not applied then. PPC and XPM are basically twin brothers and go up and down together. Still so much potential , because in the sea of so many shitcoins, we know for sure that XPM is legit and unique and has a history. 99% of other alts do not have that.

Jimmy

I recall there being more alts than one could keep track of when XPM was released. PPC was released when there were few alts though.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 09:25:02 PM

Jimmy

I recall there being more alts than one could keep track of when XPM was released. PPC was released when there were few alts though.

There was around 55 is my best estimate.
XPM ended up EXACTLY like Quark coin among others too so all of you crying instamine on Quark HAVE to say the same for Prime too.
The problem here is it's fun to attack people you don't like by slandering their coin.. digatalindustry likes Quark there for it was an instamine scam ? sure LOL
Lying at Bitcointalk for money... never gets old.. you're all *mostly scammy greedy brats acting like this is a school yard with backstabbing games and bullshit for $
I will be your best friends for ever and we skype & stuff Smiley
But only of you buy my shitty scam coin and blow me.. otherwise your an asshole troll who deserves to be harassed to no end.
1 foot of semen crusted on your faces until Moolah goes tits up then you all put your sunglasses on and i say knew they sucked blah blah blah
suck clone coiner cock for profits much kids ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
xcapator

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

Here I Am !!

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:33:08 AM

XPM is the first coin that I am aware of that actually solves real life problems with its mining algorithm

gatra

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 05:09:39 AM

XPM is the first coin that I am aware of that actually solves real life problems with its mining algorithm

There's also RIC and GAP.

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 06:22:08 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2014, 06:36:02 AM by Crestington

Why fight over the limited resources on Earth when we could expand our resources by going to other planets ?
Let's think big guys Wink

TO THE MOON!!!!

Had to say it Tongue but yeah having a usefulness to the coin and what it can do is good, If you were going to make a cause coin like that, it might be better to merge mine it with bitcoin, maybe even have proof of stake as well so that it can help out it's price a bit better. XPM is all well and good but people wanna make money too which is why it's not as popular than the more financially geared coins.
elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 06:52:24 AM

Prime was the second coin I ever mined, the First was Data coin.   However, by the time I stumbled on to prime, my laptop really couldn't make it work out worthwhile.   Loved the coin, loved the concept, but after a week, realized that Datacoin was a better solution for me at the time.
BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:14:33 PM

Jimmy
This is a pretty common trend. When Bitcoin goes down a little altcoins go down a lot. I don't think there's anything in particular that's happened to Primecoin to drive the price down, but therein may lie the problem--nothing in particular has happened with Primecoin. I would certainly not call this the end of Primecoin, but it has stagnated as of late.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 10:21:55 PM

There's also RIC and GAP.

I have mined all three of them. Currently mining GAP and keeping an eye on RIC. I am always interested on PoW like those.

I would love to see the communities of such coins united somehow and breaking new records...
DrGrid

Activity: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 03:44:04 AM

Curious how many of you all know what XPM is about.

How is it such a grand innovative coin has fallen off the planet never to be heard from again ?
When was the last time you seen one guy in crypto bring up XPM ?

With it's *first one of a kind scientific (prime number) POW system how is it ignored in favor of Scrypt clones or X11 clones (Quark rip-offs) ?

a sad sorry state this Altcoin stuff is  Cry
Primecoin is not the optimal solution for what it intends to do. Also it has mostly been leveraged as a Peercoin marketing product and from a pure cryptocurrency perspective (overlooking its revolutionary Cunningham mining scheme) it does not perform well. I would have loved to see a properly managed Primecoin fork. However, just like Datacoin (the coin I like to recall as the raped coin), it served perfectly as a source for inspiration for what schemes where built out of its original idea. When it comes to useful work schemes, either Zencoin's, or Gridcoin's approach will prevail.

Bitrated user: DrGrid.
arieq

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:24:51 AM

what I like about XPM, they have a bonus against outlawing, because the algo is not a complete waste of energy, so when "THEY" try to outlaw crypto woth a CO2 tax, that wont work for XPM

goosoodude

Activity: 584

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 12:59:33 PM

How is it such a grand innovative coin has fallen off the planet never to be heard from again ?

With it's *first one of a kind scientific (prime number) POW system how is it ignored in favor of Scrypt clones or X11 clones (Quark rip-offs) ?

a sad sorry state this Altcoin stuff is  Cry

XPM was a victim of its own success. The algorithm couldnt be hashed efficiently on a GPU so it remained the standard coin for abuse by botnet owners. This is the fate of any CPU only coin.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 01:01:45 PM

a sad sorry state this Altcoin stuff is  Cry

XPM was a victim of its own success. The algorithm couldnt be hashed efficiently on a GPU so it remained the standard coin for abuse by botnet owners. This is the fate of any CPU only coin.

That time has long been over thanks to Claymore.  XPM has been GPU territory for many months now.  RIC and GAP are still CPU-only atm, but that will change one of these days too.

In the eyes of the profiteers (miners, investors, etc), XPM is just another coin.   If it's profitable to mine and dump, it'll be mined and dumped.  If it aint, then noone is going to touch it, regardless of its technological innovations or features.  If the price doesn't support the cost of mining, it doesn't matter how technologically magnificent the coin is - it won't get mined and the network will die off.

goosoodude

Activity: 584

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 01:24:49 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2014, 12:38:28 AM by goosoodude

That time has long been over thanks to Claymore.  XPM has been GPU territory for many months now.  RIC and GAP are still CPU-only atm, but that will change one of these days too.

Its not efficient enough. As long as CPU mining stays relevant, botnets will outcompete them easily. It makes it difficult for the coin to have any value.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: