Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:52:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] bitfloor cash deposit, ACH withdraw, and wire transfers  (Read 5812 times)
miernik

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 08:44:53 PM

I would definitely be using this exchange to fill at least some of my BTC needs if it allowed a cheaper way to transfer funds internationally. The last time I tried an international transfer of USD I was charged $30 (I'm in Denmark), which is an unacceptably high fee for me. I see that BTC is trading for $5.15 at Bitfloor right now, while Mt. Gox is charging around $5.23, so there's no doubt I would move some orders to this exchange if it had a cheaper way to deposit funds for EU residents.

Next time you need some coin, you can drop me a message if you like, I might be able to do some deal through a local Danish account.

Anyway there are plenty of exchanges with accounts in the EU, why would you want to transfer funds to US?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dave3

Activity: 344

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 06:00:55 AM

Has anybody done a wire transfer into bitfloor?

They say they process international and domestic wire transfers, but the only wiring instructions on their deposit page is basically their account name, account number, and a SWIFT code.

All of the US domestic wire transfers I've ever done have used an ABA number.  The only times I've used a SWIFT code have been for international wire transfers.

Also, my bank (and all the banks I've dealt with in the past) require a receiving account address and bank address to process the wire transfer, but these aren't included in bitfloor's wiring instructions.

Am I missing something, or maybe only certain banks are willing to process these sorts of wire transfers?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 03:39:47 PM

They say they process international and domestic wire transfers, but the only wiring instructions on their deposit page is basically their account name, account number, and a SWIFT code.

All of the US domestic wire transfers I've ever done have used an ABA number.  The only times I've used a SWIFT code have been for international wire transfers.

Also, my bank (and all the banks I've dealt with in the past) require a receiving account address and bank address to process the wire transfer, but these aren't included in bitfloor's wiring instructions.

Am I missing something, or maybe only certain banks are willing to process these sorts of wire transfers?

I have.  Send an email to support and they can provide you the ABA (routing #).  Not sure why it isn't listed on the website.

Anyways my wire in was easy.  I ended up sending it late (~3PM EST).  Got notification within the hour from the site that it was pending and the funds were in my account the next morning.

Too easy... except he should post the ABA.  My bank allows using SWIFT code but doing so makes it an "international wire" price even though it isn't leaving the US.
shtylman (OP)

Activity: 243

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 11:55:58 PM

We have added a few more details to the website regarding wire transfer information (it can be found on your user deposit page). The bank address is not needed in many cases and in others you can just put USA or New York.
dave3

Activity: 344

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 03:31:52 AM

I did email support before to get the complete wiring instructions, but they just pointed me to the deposit page.

I checked the updated deposit page again today, but there's still no ABA number for a domestic transfer or bank address.  Oh well.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 08:48:28 PM

I had trouble trying to enter a market BUY order earlier today.  I didn't keep a record of the error it showed -- something to the effect of "coins had already been sold or something to that effect".   I tried multiple times, multiple amounts.  I did then see my market order enter but it sat there and did not get filled.

I canceled and then switched so that it did a limit order BUY and the limit order executed just fine, as did all subsequent limit orders.

Was there an execution problem earlier or does this need more specifics to be able to troubleshoot?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

shtylman (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 09:20:39 PM

I had trouble trying to enter a market BUY order earlier today.  I didn't keep a record of the error it showed -- something to the effect of "coins had already been sold or something to that effect".   I tried multiple times, multiple amounts.  I did then see my market order enter but it sat there and did not get filled.

I canceled and then switched so that it did a limit order BUY and the limit order executed just fine, as did all subsequent limit orders.

Was there an execution problem earlier or does this need more specifics to be able to troubleshoot?

Usually it is better to email support (faster response times). But yes, there was an issue with market orders earlier today (limit orders did not have problems). The issue should be resolved now. In the future, if a market order fails, please consider trying a limit order. I will work on making the error message clearer and more helpful Smiley
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 10:13:52 PM

A feature request.  Can 2 factor authentication be limited to just withdrawals? 

A "bug fix" request.  The deposit page STILL doesn't have routing (ABA) information.  Most domestic banks don't use SWIFT codes, don't have an option to enter SWIFT codes, and if they do charge higher international wire rates.  It is simply confusing to end user to not include routing (ABA) information. 

shtylman (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 10:18:25 PM

A feature request.  Can 2 factor authentication be limited to just withdrawals? 

A "bug fix" request.  The deposit page STILL doesn't have routing (ABA) information.  Most domestic banks don't use SWIFT codes, don't have an option to enter SWIFT codes, and if they do charge higher international wire rates.  It is simply confusing to end user to not include routing (ABA) information. 

1) Not at this time. Although I do think that could be a useful feature instead of making a user enter a pin for withdraw.

2) I will look into this. The way US banking works unfortunately makes it quite annoying to provide the routing and account number publicly however we do understand many of our client need this for the wire deposit options.
shtylman (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 10:28:23 PM

2) I will look into this. The way US banking works unfortunately makes it quite annoying to provide the routing and account number publicly however we do understand many of our client need this for the wire deposit options.

This information is public as far as I know. Unless business accounts have different routing numbers.

https://www.chase.com/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/smallbusiness/shared/page/routing_number

edit: since i've linked the business page, for chase the ABA is 021000021

I figured as much and wanted to double check myself. I will post that for the next release.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 01:19:20 AM

Looks like Chase isn't fee-free anymore. Logged in, put $20 in the cash deposit form, and got this:
Visit any Chase branch location within 24 hours and fill out a deposit slip with the following information to be credited. The amount MUST be the exact amount listed.
Account name: Bitfloor
Account number: 467594151
Cash Amount: $20.31

On #bitcoin-otc they're theorizing that the .31 cents is a verification amount. Will that be credited along with the $20?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 01:21:38 AM

Looks like Chase isn't fee-free anymore. Logged in, put $20 in the cash deposit form, and got this:
Visit any Chase branch location within 24 hours and fill out a deposit slip with the following information to be credited. The amount MUST be the exact amount listed.
Account name: Bitfloor
Account number: 467594151
Cash Amount: $20.31

No... that $0.31 is so bitfloor will know to which account they should deposit the funds.

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 06:32:02 PM

At one time the BitFloor signup page read:

Giving you access to your funds is very important to us.

To help ensure continued operation, we follow the US AML (anti-money laundering) practices outlined by FinCEN. USD withdraws are capped at $1,000 daily and $10,000 monthly. We reserve the right to ask for identifying information and to adjust these policies.

You will be notified of any policy changes via email.

I no longer see BitFloor's AML policy anywhere on the BitFloor site.  Is this published anywhere?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

shtylman (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 07:38:14 AM

At one time the BitFloor signup page read:

Giving you access to your funds is very important to us.

To help ensure continued operation, we follow the US AML (anti-money laundering) practices outlined by FinCEN. USD withdraws are capped at $1,000 daily and $10,000 monthly. We reserve the right to ask for identifying information and to adjust these policies.

You will be notified of any policy changes via email.

I no longer see BitFloor's AML policy anywhere on the BitFloor site.  Is this published anywhere?

I will be adding back shortly. It was removed from the signup page as it was not accurately reflecting your actual caps. No policy has changed and there will be no fund movement disruption.
Draino

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 12:41:21 PM

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/bitfloor.com

it's been down since at least last night, any word?
qxzn

Activity: 609
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 05:54:50 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=105818.20
Draino

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 07:39:55 PM

between this, bitcoinica, and pirate, i believe that's 3 strikes

thanks for nothing, bitcoin.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 10:27:07 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2012, 11:11:46 PM by Stephen Gornick

There were many questions as to Bitcoinica's security long before they were hacked.  As far as pirate, that isn't even close to being in the same category as this.

This one was a little different because people presumed that because some good security practices were in place, others (such as what should be rule #1 for an exchange ... Thou shalt keep anything more than a day's worth of bitcoin needs in cold storage) would be followed as well.  As we learned too late, they weren't

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 10:40:55 PM

There were many questions as to Bitcoinica's security long before they were hacked.  As far as pirate, that isn't even close to being in the same category as this.

This one was a little different because people presumed that because some good security practices were in place, others (such as what should be rule #1 for an exchange ... Thou shalt keep anything more than a day's worth of bitcoin need in cold storage) would be followed as well.  As we learned too late, they weren't

Yeah Due Diligence failure on my part.  I just assumed and I guess so did everyone else.  Had it come to light that there was no coldwallet I would have stopped using the site. Not shifting blame just genuinely surprised about this security failure AND my own failure to ensure the exchanged lived up to my own personal standards.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: