Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:38:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] bitfloor cash deposit, ACH withdraw, and wire transfers  (Read 5809 times)
shtylman (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 07:19:02 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2012, 07:13:46 PM by shtylman

Bitfloor is pleased to begin offering cash deposits to fund your Bitfloor account. We are also offering ACH (direct deposit) withdraw options to customers who wish to withdraw money directly to US bank accounts without going through a 3rd party.

ACH withdraw and cash deposits are FREE!
https://bitfloor.com/docs

please contact support@bitfloor.com for more details or to setup any of these transfer methods.

International customers can request wire deposits and withdraw for USD. The fees will depend on your origin or destination bank.

edit: changed url for documentation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
toffoo

Activity: 408
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 07:54:09 PM

Great news!  Thanks for the announcement, I look forward to trying this out.

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 08:25:36 PM

Sweeeet, no more Dwolla for ACH withdrawals. <3 Bitfloor.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 04:29:19 PM

With BitFloor, there is a UX issue I run into.   When I am entering a Limit order, I'll enter my Quantity and then the Price.  But as soon as I tab and hit the Total field (which is calculated) the form basically because useless if I then want to edit either the Quantity or Price.  It is like the Total field then drives the other two fields.  If I'm editing Quantity, then I would assume the Price would stay the same and the Total would recalculate based on the Quantity I entered.   Or if I'm editing Price, I would assume the Quantity would stay the same and the Total would recalculate.

The way it works now, the Total field is like the third rail. Once I touch it the order is final and I submit, or I need to clear everything and start over (by hitting reload page).

The other question I have has to do with fees.  I see the fees are 0.4% for the liquidity taker and -0.1% (yes, negative 0.1%) for the liquidity provider.  Is a limit order that executes immediately considered a liquidity provider or is that only for market orders?  That negative fee is interesting, as it gives price, at current exchange rates, a half-cent improvement over the level shown on the book. 

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

miernik

Activity: 334

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2012, 05:46:39 PM

International customers can request wire deposits and withdraw for USD. The fees will depend on your origin or destination bank.

Can you tell me your fees for US domestic wires to/from Bank of America?
Not ACH, but a wire. Both incoming (if any fee) and outgoing.

Also please tell me your fee for incoming international wires coming through Bank of New York Mellon: http://www.bnymellon.com

Thanks.

shtylman (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 06:23:36 PM

Can you tell me your fees for US domestic wires to/from Bank of America?
Not ACH, but a wire. Both incoming (if any fee) and outgoing.

Also please tell me your fee for incoming international wires coming through Bank of New York Mellon: http://www.bnymellon.com

Thanks.

Incoming wire fees into Bitfloor are 15$ for both domestic and international incoming and outgoing wires.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 06:30:06 PM

@OP: I have never used BitFloor before but I keep seeing Bruce Wagner trying to spam your service everywhere and I wonder-- what is your relation to him? Are you aware that businesses that associate themselves with Bruce Wagner typically -lose- potential customers, not gain them? And that the last business he publicly supported was a major fraud that he had ties to?

Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 06:41:10 PM

I would consider moving a huge amount of my volume over to you as soon as you accept mtgoxUSD vouchers at either free or low deposit fee.

Also, as Matthew noted, how is Bruce involved because if he is in any way part of bitfloor you can ignore my first sentence.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
shtylman (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 06:48:07 PM

@OP: I have never used BitFloor before but I keep seeing Bruce Wagner trying to spam your service everywhere and I wonder-- what is your relation to him? Are you aware that businesses that associate themselves with Bruce Wagner typically -lose- potential customers, not gain them?

FYI He's mostly spamming his own private phone number as a bitcoin exchange now.

I don't think this message is relevant for this thread but I will answer it since it appears here.

We have no official relation to Bruce, he uses our exchange to buy and sell bitcoins like every other user. He has been a well established user of our exchange for some time and has shown himself to be trustworthy in his dealings with us and as such posts about his positive experience. From what I know, Bruce wants to see more dependable and solid exchanges and promotes various ones he has found to be reliable.

I have not found it to be the case that we are losing customers nor would I post on these forums as a company commenting on such matters. Bruce operates his own businesses and website to help users buy Bitcoins. These are not related to us and it is not our place to talk about them.

Our goals our to provide reliable USD Bitcoin exchange for our users and to that end, we have some loyal clients who promote us as a viable alternative to other larger exchanges.
shtylman (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 06:49:50 PM

I would consider moving a huge amount of my volume over to you as soon as you accept mtgoxUSD vouchers at either free or low deposit fee.

Also, as Matthew noted, how is Bruce involved because if he is in any way part of bitfloor you can ignore my first sentence.

We will not be offering MtGox USD vouchers for deposit due to the delays of moving USD funds out of MtGox. We are a US based exchange and will accept your cash deposits or bank checks. Our USD deposits are kept in US banks and are FDIC insured.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 06:50:21 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2012, 07:04:19 PM by Matthew N. Wright

@OP: I have never used BitFloor before but I keep seeing Bruce Wagner trying to spam your service everywhere and I wonder-- what is your relation to him? Are you aware that businesses that associate themselves with Bruce Wagner typically -lose- potential customers, not gain them?

FYI He's mostly spamming his own private phone number as a bitcoin exchange now.

I don't think this message is relevant for this thread but I will answer it since it appears here.

We have no official relation to Bruce, he uses our exchange to buy and sell bitcoins like every other user. He has been a well established user of our exchange for some time and has shown himself to be trustworthy in his dealings with us and as such posts about his positive experience. From what I know, Bruce wants to see more dependable and solid exchanges and promotes various ones he has found to be reliable.

I have not found it to be the case that we are losing customers nor would I post on these forums as a company commenting on such matters. Bruce operates his own businesses and website to help users buy Bitcoins. These are not related to us and it is not our place to talk about them.

Our goals our to provide reliable USD Bitcoin exchange for our users and to that end, we have some loyal clients who promote us as a viable alternative to other larger exchanges.

I do not believe he ever promotes anything other than BitFloor however which is why it has raised a few red flags with me.

Thank you for your prompt and professional response though.

Good luck with your exchange!

Clipse

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 06:55:11 PM

We will not be offering MtGox USD vouchers for deposit due to the delays of moving USD funds out of MtGox. We are a US based exchange and will accept your cash deposits or bank checks. Our USD deposits are kept in US banks and are FDIC insured.

Welll that answered it for me, you dont seem to have interest in catering for rest of the world. Not offering mtgox voucher will also not see you grow much within the next year if ever.

re: Bruce, sorry I dont buy that answer at all. He is as verbal about bitfloor atm as he was about mybitcoin and his other scams, I expected a less conceiling and open answer than that.

Good luck

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 07:30:11 PM

re: Bruce, sorry I dont buy that answer at all. He is as verbal about bitfloor atm as he was about mybitcoin and his other scams, I expected a less conceiling and open answer than that.
My guess is that Bruce promotes him because he was the most recent exchanger to come on his show and chat him up. No other reason. As soon as another exchange comes along and shows up on Bruce's show, that's who he'll start promoting next.

Side note: The episode where Shtylman was on the show was creepy. Bruce was acting really fucking weird, like more weird than usual.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Clipse

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 08:13:36 PM

My guess is that Bruce promotes him because he was the most recent exchanger to come on his show and chat him up. No other reason. As soon as another exchange comes along and shows up on Bruce's show, that's who he'll start promoting next.

Side note: The episode where Shtylman was on the show was creepy. Bruce was acting really fucking weird, like more weird than usual.

If thats the only reason I feel sorry for bitfloor to even go on his show. Anything Bruce "touches" turns to crap eventually, directly or indirectly.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 08:15:11 PM

If thats the only reason I feel sorry for bitfloor to even go on his show. Anything Bruce "touches" turns to crap eventually, directly or indirectly.

I advised Zhou Tong a trillion times to ignore Bruce's requests for interviews. I'm so glad I did or else people would be saying that Bitcoinica was MyBitcoin 2.0.

Steve

Activity: 868
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 12:08:44 PM

Well that answered it for me, you dont seem to have interest in catering for rest of the world. Not offering mtgox voucher will also not see you grow much within the next year if ever.
Lately, MtGox has been having issues moving money internationally.  In some cases, large withdrawals have taken quite a few weeks to process.  A MtGox voucher isn't worth much when it takes that long to process a withdrawal.  It's not surprising to me that the other exchanges are discontinuing their support for MtGox vouchers.  Does BitFloor support deposits via international wire transfer?

(gasteve on IRC) Does your website accept cash? https://bitpay.com
shtylman (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 01:18:09 PM

Well that answered it for me, you dont seem to have interest in catering for rest of the world. Not offering mtgox voucher will also not see you grow much within the next year if ever.
Lately, MtGox has been having issues moving money internationally.  In some cases, large withdrawals have taken quite a few weeks to process.  A MtGox voucher isn't worth much when it takes that long to process a withdrawal.  It's not surprising to me that the other exchanges are discontinuing their support for MtGox vouchers.  Does BitFloor support deposits via international wire transfer?

We do, however the fees for such wires are generally high (15-30$ range). Anyone who wishes to send us a wire is welcome to do so, just contact support@bitfloor.com and we will provide you with the relevant bank information.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 10:26:31 PM

We do, however the fees for such wires are generally high (15-30$ range). Anyone who wishes to send us a wire is welcome to do so, just contact support@bitfloor.com and we will provide you with the relevant bank information.

Why doesn't your deposits or withdrawals page mention wire deposit, wire withdrawal and check deposit methods?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

shtylman (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 10:27:58 PM

Why doesn't your deposits or withdrawals page mention wire deposit, wire withdrawal and check deposit methods?

I will add a note about wire deposit. We do not offer wire withdraw at this time. Nor do we offer regular check deposit methods.
Jake
Donator

Activity: 256

Happy New Year!

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 02:16:07 AM

Great news to see this, will be using in the future... a lot.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: