Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:36:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NCKRAZZE's Deposits - Low Risk Deposits with Guaranteed Payback Weekly @ 2.5% /w  (Read 23858 times)
cytokine
Donator

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 05:45:26 AM

"He who hath the gold BTC maketh the rules".

NICKRAZZE, I was one of your earlier investors and was very pleased with your service. I can understand that you need time now so I will wait patiently as you ask. In return, please add me to your list of "non-insulting good guy depositers" so I'm near the top of the payout queue rather than the bottom  Cheesy

Thanks!

Same with me Nick. Smiley You know it's true...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Francesco

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 03:55:17 PM

I am really amazed at the amount of sweetness around here.

Lukily I am not directly exposed, and I should be able to terminate my indirect exposure soon without losses (other than having to liquidate otherwise promising assets), but really

I will begin liquidating starting as of September 10, 2012.

Why THIRTEEN DAYS more? You should have started liquidating the day you announced the termination of the operation(or before). Nowhere it is written you should be allowed the time to wait for the end of Pirate's story, for instance -people invested here to be safe from Pirate, after all, so you should have taken care to avoid this being a problem.
People even offered to settle your debts by directly taking assets, which would generate no losses, and take no real time. Really, why wait?
Much more so seeing you weren't nearly as lenient when on the other side...

And

I would hate to see people drop accounts like they did with pirate, but I cannot control this. Therefore, if anyone is interested in selling their investment debt, please contact me so I can arrange the sale. 

I will try my best to get all of your money back from the assets, but I need my lenders to understand that this can be a long and difficult process.

-Nick

Only to me this sounds awfully as

Oh, I'd really hate to see my beloved lenders lose money; but please do panic and sell your debt back to me at a discount; otherwise you could get nothing at all, since you should have understood by now that I do not really have the coins to pay you back in full
?
Because if this isn't the case, then why even consider the possibility at all? Pirate debt was sold at a discount since everyone knew they had no guarantee at all, and many of the investors probably suspected it to be a fraud too, they just hoped it would last enough to profit and quit. Which is the exact opposite of this case, which was supposed to be fully guaranteed. If you were really only worried about your investors losing money panic selling, you could very simply show them you have the ability to pay them back.
By not even trying to do this, and just asking to "give you time" (almost a month) and "trust you" (just like Pirate did -I am not saying the situation is the same, only it looks similar from the exerior), stressing that it will be a "long and difficult process", and in addition ventilating the idea of panic sales of your debt, you are quite endorsing the idea that ther's indeed strong reason to worry about your ability to make this end well, IMHO.
cytokine
Donator

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 07:10:40 PM

My thoughts on the matter re-posted from another thread:

The OP is wrong and a non-sequitur, the conclusions don't follow from the facts.

The situation with Pirate is causing a bank run where everyone rushes to withdraw all of their deposits. This can cause liquidity problems for all depositors, whether they are invested themselves or not.

Take Nckrazze for example. If he has 35% reserve and a customer constituting 10% of the deposits withdraws, he now has 25% reserve until he can replenish it (which takes time). After a few more withdraws the reserve will run out. He doesn't know in advance how many people will want to withdraw and it is legitimate to serve the first requesters in full.

With INAU it's even sillier. "Insured" doesn't mean he has funds lying around in completely liquid form doing nothing. If he did he'd have no need to take the deposit. The insurance means he has the funds in some useful illiquid form, and will pay them back in a default once liquidated.

I'm not saying anyone is or is not a liar, just that it doesn't follow from the facts you mentioned. And of course, if you hold yourself to a higher liquidity standard that's great.

+1000

Thanks Meni for posting this, and I really appreciate the professionalism and eloquence of your comments. I truely apologize for saying anything bad towards you in the past when I was pissed about PUREMINING. You have been nothing but honest and always upheld your obligations.

Meni is right that these deposit takers are having a serious liquidity crunch, and some are in default since they've stopped paying interest, but it doesn't mean that they're not ultimately good for their deposits. I'm tired of all this premature lynching going on, everyone needs to just be honest and uphold their obligations to their best of their abilities, and apart from that we need to just move on to new things. There's still a very good chance IMO that Pirate will settle for *something*, and so I expect the situation to improve over the next few weeks. At the very least, it certainly cannot get any worse than the current situation in which I'm operating under the assumption of a complete and total pirate default.
vandordeak

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 10:26:36 PM

That is Hashking's "solution" for exactly the same problem you have. So what do you all think how many of it could we apply here?

I will currently be suspending all interest payments and withdrawals. 
As I receive coins from the various things that I have going on I will start sending people's principal back.  I will also be purchasing coins from my personal
funds.  Interest that has been paid out will be deducted from the current principal.  The reason for this is I would like to get everyone's principal
back before anyone receives anymore interest.  I am not able to give a timeframe on the repayment as there is alot of factors that can effect it.  I know for sure it won't be
weeks or months, but more then likely in the ballpark of 3 years.   

Why did this happen?

Over the last several weeks, I have had alot of depositors request their funds back with no new deposits.  I have been able to process these requests up until now.  I was also buying mining equipment and had some bad luck with some of the new vendors on the forum.  I put in some large orders that I never received the equipment in a timely manner, received equipment that really didn't work up to spec, or was forced to take a refund at a higher BTC price.  Finally I did make a mistake and invest a portion of the funds in BTCST along with with some personal funds. 

I do feel very bad that this has turned out this way.  I will do whatever I can to get everyone paid back.  I am also at a personal loss.  Payments will start going out Monday 9/8/12.  This will be a slow process, so please be
patient. 

memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 10:55:27 PM

That is Hashking's "solution" for exactly the same problem you have. So what do you all think how many of it could we apply here?

Pretty much the same issue, but I don't think the interest should be deducted. Pay the [principal - interest] first for everyone, and then re-pay the interest. Beggars can't be choosers, I know, however I would trust the statement more if it's worded like that, since that's the proper thing to do. Their names will be cleared far before they have finished the payments and they would be able to do business in these forums to make the money back.
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 11:51:46 AM

With Bitcoin, we're trying to revolutionize the world, money and commerce. Let's pull our heads out of our asses and stop pissing away this opportunity on the online equivalent of a two-bit street hustler.

I actually handle 18,000 BTC of deposits. I manage deposits of 3500+ on a different address to avoid attention. So that's roughly 180,000 USD if you are counting, Bit. As I said, give me time.

And for those of you that are impatient and proceed to insult me, you will be ignored.

well, at least it was Guaranteed.  that's still in the title. 

:ponzifail

Please! PLEASE!  stop "investing" in scams, it's hurting bitcoin

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
cytokine
Donator

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:31:50 PM

I think the time has arrived to post a repayment plan. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is. At this point, if pirate pays anything at all, it will be a blessing, but it's not to be expected.

The best way to handle this is this: I think you should repay some amount to each creditor every week by sending a payment to their withdrawal address in % terms based on how large of a creditor they are to you. For example, if in week1 you can repay 100 BTC, then you divide that up, with larger creditors getting proportionately more. You repeat each week until the debt is repaid for all your creditors.

Otherwise, it wouldn't be fair if some creditors get paid earlier and others later.

Thanks nick.
-cyto
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:07:53 AM

Fascinating.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
nckrazze (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:26:43 AM

Mostly due to bad planning on my part as well as a large flow of coins at once and the rising difficulty rate, I was unable to continue my mining project and ended up liquidating most of it. Around July 18th, I had completely liquidated all of the mining hardware that belonged to the Deposits Service. I kept a bit over 2000$ worth of hardware for myself (which were my personal assets), to continue generating coins with. My funds remained dormant until August 6th, when I decided that the magnitude of the payouts was too great for the coins to be sitting around for. For this reason, I chose to place all the funds with pirate and continue to payout weekly interest until terms were over. As terms ended, I would not offer term renewals, and would return all of the coins to the depositors. However, in a sequence of unfortunate events, I was unable to withdraw coins from pirate, but continued to payout using the reserve fund, as mentioned (35%). I am at a personal loss now of over 2000 coins, but have liquidated my assets and will begin paying out respectively. I need everyone to understand that this will not be a matter of a few weeks or months, but rather, will be closer to a few years. At this point I cannot give a definite date that I will have returned all principals back by. However, my priority will be to return the principals. Once everyone has their principal amount deposited, I will attempt to pay the remaining interest.

I will return coins proportionately as they become available, but expect payouts on the last Sunday of each month.

Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 04:34:36 AM

Mostly due to bad planning on my part as well as a large flow of coins at once and the rising difficulty rate, I was unable to continue my mining project and ended up liquidating most of it. Around July 18th, I had completely liquidated all of the mining hardware that belonged to the Deposits Service. I kept a bit over 2000$ worth of hardware for myself (which were my personal assets), to continue generating coins with. My funds remained dormant until August 6th, when I decided that the magnitude of the payouts was too great for the coins to be sitting around for. For this reason, I chose to place all the funds with pirate and continue to payout weekly interest until terms were over. As terms ended, I would not offer term renewals, and would return all of the coins to the depositors. However, in a sequence of unfortunate events, I was unable to withdraw coins from pirate, but continued to payout using the reserve fund, as mentioned (35%). I am at a personal loss now of over 2000 coins, but have liquidated my assets and will begin paying out respectively. I need everyone to understand that this will not be a matter of a few weeks or months, but rather, will be closer to a few years. At this point I cannot give a definite date that I will have returned all principals back by. However, my priority will be to return the principals. Once everyone has their principal amount deposited, I will attempt to pay the remaining interest.

I will return coins proportionately as they become available, but expect payouts on the last Sunday of each month.

standard Ponzi-stall, wash, rinse, repeat the Pirate debacle.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:36:41 AM

Might be a good idea to rename the thread.  Having "low risk" and "guaranteed" in the title at this point just seems silly.

How about "NCKRAZZE's Deposits - In default.  Organizing repayment plan"
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 04:37:26 AM

People did not place coins with pirate they placed them with you. Not only did you steal their coins you stole the extra interest they were earning to pay out other depositors.

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 04:39:29 AM

Just one question: Did you know, or reasonably suspect, that Pirate was operating a Ponzi scheme when you decided to place your investors' funds, and the "personal" funds you were using to guarantee those funds, in his care?

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
nckrazze (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:42:08 AM

Just one question: Did you know, or reasonably suspect, that Pirate was operating a Ponzi scheme when you decided to place your investors' funds, and the funds you were using to guarantee those funds, in his care?

That's a negative. With his name out, GPUMax registered as an LLC, as well as all the sock-puppets, bets, and depositors, I was convinced that he was running a legitimate business.
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:50:53 AM

How do you explain the contradictions between this, and what is still in your initial post, and your not updating the initial post to reflect the above?

Never mind the contradictions between your claims above and my PM Inbox.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 04:54:03 AM

Due to the recent controversy surrounding pirateat40's departure from the Bitcoin investments scheme after he announced the end of his operation, Bitcoin Savings and Trust, I have decided to end the depositing service, "NCKRAZZE's Deposits". I have developed many close friendships with many of the clients I have had to deal with, and it is truly difficult for me to leave the program behind. I personally felt that the service was expanding very quickly and had potential to be a large, ongoing project. However, following pirate's resignation, I received many requests from clients who wished to withdraw all of their coins from my service. The deposits that are made into my service are not eligible for early withdrawals because I offer 4/10/20 week terms, however the requests I received influenced me to make the decision to return all original deposits to their rightful owners. I have a few new depositors that I did not get to work with for as long as I wish I could have, and for this I apologize.

Though a large portion of the deposits I received were used to support a large mining operation, I do have many coins that were invested with several other lenders on the forum and many others that were used to buy bonds on GLBSE. In addition to this, I have a large amount of coins that were deposited this past week by two new depositors. About 50% of these coins are liquid and in my possession. That said, the 35% reserve is still intact and will be used  to pay back the depositors. Though I have a great deal of personal savings that are invested with pirate, none of the coins deposited to NCKRAZZE's Deposits were used to deposit into BTCST. This said, since pirate's scheme has come to an end and I plan on having a stable source of income from the bitcoin market, I plan on having the mining operation continue to generate coins as I also wish for my investments with other lenders (those that are still continuing their depositing services) as well as my bonds on GLBSE to remain in my possession. By this I mean that I would like to keep these going as personal investments. However, I will liquidate mining hardware and I will also withdraw coins from lenders/sell bonds if needed to fund all of the deposit returns. In fact, my main priority is to liquidate about 15% of the mining operation in order to fund the returns.

With 15% of the mining operation coming from USD to BTC, as well as the coins that are currently in my possession (35% reserve and the recent deposits), I still have a great deal of bitcoins to return. I plan on using my personal funds that were invested with pirate to cover the rest of the coins that will be returned to their owners. I expect pirate to return the funds this week as he stated in his post (8/20/2012-8/27/2012). With coins coming from all of these different sources to fund all of the returns, I will need close to 10 days to be able to return all funds. In the case that pirate is unable to payout, which is highly unlikely, I will be forced to sell all of my assets to fund the returns. This will require the liquidation of all of my mining hardware and will require a larger time frame.

Maybe in the future when the community settles there may be another opportunity...

Thanks for all of the support,
Nick

Just quoting this for proof before he removes it. Note the "50% of the coins are still in my possession" for those playing at home.

nckrazze (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:57:03 AM

Due to the recent controversy surrounding pirateat40's departure from the Bitcoin investments scheme after he announced the end of his operation, Bitcoin Savings and Trust, I have decided to end the depositing service, "NCKRAZZE's Deposits". I have developed many close friendships with many of the clients I have had to deal with, and it is truly difficult for me to leave the program behind. I personally felt that the service was expanding very quickly and had potential to be a large, ongoing project. However, following pirate's resignation, I received many requests from clients who wished to withdraw all of their coins from my service. The deposits that are made into my service are not eligible for early withdrawals because I offer 4/10/20 week terms, however the requests I received influenced me to make the decision to return all original deposits to their rightful owners. I have a few new depositors that I did not get to work with for as long as I wish I could have, and for this I apologize.

Though a large portion of the deposits I received were used to support a large mining operation, I do have many coins that were invested with several other lenders on the forum and many others that were used to buy bonds on GLBSE. In addition to this, I have a large amount of coins that were deposited this past week by two new depositors. About 50% of these coins are liquid and in my possession. That said, the 35% reserve is still intact and will be used  to pay back the depositors. Though I have a great deal of personal savings that are invested with pirate, none of the coins deposited to NCKRAZZE's Deposits were used to deposit into BTCST. This said, since pirate's scheme has come to an end and I plan on having a stable source of income from the bitcoin market, I plan on having the mining operation continue to generate coins as I also wish for my investments with other lenders (those that are still continuing their depositing services) as well as my bonds on GLBSE to remain in my possession. By this I mean that I would like to keep these going as personal investments. However, I will liquidate mining hardware and I will also withdraw coins from lenders/sell bonds if needed to fund all of the deposit returns. In fact, my main priority is to liquidate about 15% of the mining operation in order to fund the returns.

With 15% of the mining operation coming from USD to BTC, as well as the coins that are currently in my possession (35% reserve and the recent deposits), I still have a great deal of bitcoins to return. I plan on using my personal funds that were invested with pirate to cover the rest of the coins that will be returned to their owners. I expect pirate to return the funds this week as he stated in his post (8/20/2012-8/27/2012). With coins coming from all of these different sources to fund all of the returns, I will need close to 10 days to be able to return all funds. In the case that pirate is unable to payout, which is highly unlikely, I will be forced to sell all of my assets to fund the returns. This will require the liquidation of all of my mining hardware and will require a larger time frame.

Maybe in the future when the community settles there may be another opportunity...

Thanks for all of the support,
Nick

Just quoting this for proof before he removes it. Note the "50% of the coins are still in my possession" for those playing at home.

These numbers were not accurate. My recent post corrected this.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 07:39:07 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2012, 07:52:39 AM by Justin00

That BTC addy in your signature has gone missing in the last 12? hours :~(
Why dont you use the 632BTC currently in it to start paying ppls ?

lky_svn

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 07:43:45 AM

So what's the plan for the first scheduled payout date - Sunday 30/09?
Please clarify how many coins will be distributed, and how much to each of your lenders.

Also, please specify what exactly you will be returning to each of your lenders (principal? Interest until when?) - surely you're able to whip up a quick spreadsheet that shows how much is outstanding for everyone.

Awesome work for "Low Risk Deposits with Guaranteed Pay". You've done exactly what I wanted to avoid, and what you always denied: "no BST exposure".
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 07:53:50 AM

Two questions:
  • What is your total debt to depositors as of now?
  • Would you be willing to make all your personal information (provably) public?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: