Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:37:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwolla changes TOS to prohibit Bitcoin transactions?  (Read 13975 times)
zer0

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 10:28:51 PM

I stopped using dwolla and the exchanges months ago and have been doing all my purchases P2P, and I will never look back.

This.

I only use P2P now, was just ripped by a smaller exchange for 200 BTC so for the future will only use bitcoin-otc or people here

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 12:03:49 AM

who is that small exchanger? please post it so everyone should avoid him

finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 06:05:11 AM

there;s nothing more to cover bob

neato
coga

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

www.btcbuy.info

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 03:58:03 PM

Any other news so far? It's been kind of quiet in this thread. Anyone withdrew using DWOLLA recently? Anything unusual, other than 6 day wait?

GPG key: 6F8E305690A05365B58C50A
malaimult

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 05:02:07 PM

still the same lag between mtgox to dwolla. i suggest you use a forum trader if you want to speed up the process

pcexpress4less

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 05:16:03 PM

I just sent from MT.GOX to Dwolla.I'll update when it arrives.
mtbomb

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 09:06:54 PM

I stopped using dwolla and the exchanges months ago and have been doing all my purchases P2P, and I will never look back.

This.

I only use P2P now, was just ripped by a smaller exchange for 200 BTC so for the future will only use bitcoin-otc or people here

But what service are you using for the other side of this transaction?
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 01:58:49 PM

I just sent from MT.GOX to Dwolla.I'll update when it arrives.

Any good news?
malaimult

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 04:05:48 PM

use this post to exchange dwolla to btc or mtgox usd

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78512.msg926196#new

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 05:31:20 PM

I just got an email from the big D asking me to verify my identity. They want a picture of my ID.

The reason I'm hesitant to do this is because when they see I'm not 18 they might pull a PayPal and freeze ("limit") my account.

I skimmed their TOS and I see nothing regarding age, so I should be fine. I  just wanted to ask here in case anybody has already gone through this and wants to share some advice.

Thanks,
Garrett

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 08:31:40 PM

I just got an email from the big D asking me to verify my identity. They want a picture of my ID.

The reason I'm hesitant to do this is because when they see I'm not 18 they might pull a PayPal and freeze ("limit") my account.

I skimmed their TOS and I see nothing regarding age, so I should be fine. I  just wanted to ask here in case anybody has already gone through this and wants to share some advice.

Thanks,
Garrett
I just got one as well. Fucking Dwolla. Just after a large p2p transfer, not even touching an exchange.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 11:59:29 PM

I didn't use an exchange either...

So what happens if we simply say "nope."?

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 12:01:46 AM

I suspect that isn't an option once you have agreed to their new terms. I didn't get the new ToS agreement notice on login until just a few days before the account was suspended.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 12:42:41 AM

Per their User Conduct requirements, they can put a hold on your account for 90 days if you don't verify your identity in line with Veridian's requirements, so they'll probably do just that if you don't accept the new ToS.

Don't use MtGox then - they're ToS explicitly state that you must be 18 to have an account with them.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 12:47:07 AM

Per their User Conduct requirements, they can put a hold on your account for 90 days if you don't verify your identity in line with Veridian's requirements, so they'll probably do just that if you don't accept the new ToS.
The thing is, I wasn't prompted to accept the new ToS until just before this thing went into lockdown mode. What a pain in the ass. Not even my damned BANK needs that info, an no I don't mean a brick-and-mortar bank, I mean an online one that I use for everything, including paycheck direct deposits.

repentance

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 12:56:35 AM

The thing is, I wasn't prompted to accept the new ToS until just before this thing went into lockdown mode. What a pain in the ass. Not even my damned BANK needs that info, an no I don't mean a brick-and-mortar bank, I mean an online one that I use for everything, including paycheck direct deposits.

Yeah, it seems like it's been pretty well publicised that the changes were coming and would be effective from the end of May but they didn't prompt people enough about ensuring they were in line with the new requirements on the date they took effect.

Banks certainly can require a shit-ton of verification information but they tend not to if their risk management protocols deem a given account to be "low risk" unless there are transaction which trigger a change of status.  The very nature of Dwolla likely means that a greater proportion of accounts and transactions are regarded as "high risk" and so Veridian's requirements in regard to high risk accounts are being applied.  It's worth remembering that Veridian is a credit union and one reason credit unions had less defaults during the economic meltdown was because they often had more stringent requirements for borrowing than many banks.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 12:57:42 AM

Don't use MtGox then - they're ToS explicitly state that you must be 18 to have an account with them.

I was referring to Dwolla. Does Dwolla's TOS say this as well? I couldn't find it.

repentance

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 01:16:36 AM

I was referring to Dwolla. Does Dwolla's TOS say this as well? I couldn't find it.

Age isn't mentioned in Dwolla's ToS.  I wonder whether it would accept a registration if the DOB revealed the applicant to be a minor.  Perhaps they think that the requirement for funds to originate at and be disbursed to US financial institutions makes it unnecessary for them to address the issue.

malaimult

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 03:42:31 AM

3 weeks ago i complete my verification with dwolla, they ask this info just like paypal, they want to verify the info credentials that you use to register with them, i think no harm there, paypal makes a worst scenario asking for bank statements etc. i think your dwolla account will be limited until they verify the documents that they request.

i don;'t think why all people blame dwolla since paypal fuck everybody with this kind of requests

repentance

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 04:24:35 AM

3 weeks ago i complete my verification with dwolla, they ask this info just like paypal, they want to verify the info credentials that you use to register with them, i think no harm there, paypal makes a worst scenario asking for bank statements etc. i think your dwolla account will be limited until they verify the documents that they request.

i don;'t think why all people blame dwolla since paypal fuck everybody with this kind of requests

I don't think PayPal has ever demanded that merchants require this from their customers, though :

Quote from: Dwolla
Hello,
As a merchant in the Dwolla community, we appreciate your shared interest in maintaining a safe and responsible payment network.
We'd like to let you know about a few changes we are rolling out shortly to merchants effected by bank level reversals, caused by identity theft and fraud.

Starting today, users sending money to your account will need to meet and/or maintain:

1) Connect a social network
2) Have a bank deposit 30 days old
3) Enable a DWOLLA hub page
4) Have a verified account

If you're a Dwolla user sending money to a merchant's Dwolla account, you're required to do more than just verify your account with Dwolla.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: