Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:17:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Testing marking  (Read 1636 times)
leathan (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 11:34:51 PM

Testing server markings

count=($(grep -d recurse -Hn "wallet\.dat" / | cut -d":" -f1 | uniq -c |xargs echo | grep -oh -P '(\d+) ')); sum=0; for i in ${count[*]}; do sum=$(($sum+$i)); done; echo $sum; #  soo much crypto?
leathan (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 11:35:37 PM

+1 @coinsolidation Hi there, i marked you 1!

count=($(grep -d recurse -Hn "wallet\.dat" / | cut -d":" -f1 | uniq -c |xargs echo | grep -oh -P '(\d+) ')); sum=0; for i in ${count[*]}; do sum=$(($sum+$i)); done; echo $sum; #  soo much crypto?
82ndabnmedic

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:33:03 AM

+50 @leathan great job with x. Marking in BTT is awesome

CISSP | PMP | CEH

Bitmark: Project Manager & PR Coordinator

BTC: 1FEi8MSP3ccoqLah8EcxfGZVHUViEmQfvQ

BTM: bNidDXnRu5fuD8Th7cPFh7jnPdyAhMh7Nr
leathan (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 02:44:52 AM

+10 this works too Smiley

No name defaults to quoted name.

leathan (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 03:04:30 AM

+ 50 @ leathan great job with x. Marking in BTT is awesome

+10 test

leathan (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 03:20:32 AM

+5

If no recipient is specified the marks go to the quoted user.

leathan (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 03:41:19 AM

+1 This will be worth an icecream someday, and a bicycle another, you get to pick!

leathan (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 03:43:49 AM

I agree man... +1

leathan (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 03:52:03 AM

Totally agree.. +1

leathan (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 03:59:52 AM

Agreed.. +1

leathan (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 04:05:53 AM

Well said +2

leathan (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 04:13:31 AM

Well said +10

leathan (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 04:20:37 AM

+1 Well said!!

melvster

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:08:31 AM

+1
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:52:59 PM

+1

+0 what am I testing here?
Singlebyte

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:15:21 PM

+1

+0 what am I testing here?

Looks like it is this altcoin thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660544.0
b!z
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:18:59 AM

Thank you for sharing the link. Bitmark looks like an interesting concept. Can you explain how the network recognizes Bitcointalk usernames and such?
Singlebyte

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:33:46 AM

Thank you for sharing the link. Bitmark looks like an interesting concept. Can you explain how the network recognizes Bitcointalk usernames and such?

It is sorta an off-board trust or ranking system.  I am not sure of all the details but here is the Marking wiki:

https://github.com/project-bitmark/marking/wiki
b!z
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:36:07 AM

It is sorta an off-board trust or ranking system.  I am not sure of all the details but here is the Marking wiki:

Yep I did read through that but I'm still not sure how it's supposed to work. Say I have 1 Bitmark coin and I want to "mark" you. I quote you with +1 on Bitcointalk. How does that coin go from me to you?
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 07:57:28 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2014, 05:49:42 PM by Este Nuno

It is sorta an off-board trust or ranking system.  I am not sure of all the details but here is the Marking wiki:

Yep I did read through that but I'm still not sure how it's supposed to work. Say I have 1 Bitmark coin and I want to "mark" you. I quote you with +1 on Bitcointalk. How does that coin go from me to you?

There are multiple off chain marking integrations that handle specific cases of marking. What's intended to happen is each marking integration(in this case leathan's bitcointalk marking integration) creates a merkle hash of the markings done via his integration in a specified period and these get stored on the blockchain in I guess what we're calling a "markchain" at the moment. So that the marking data can be independently verified. We'd like to create a marking layer that works on the web through things like browser extensions, bookmarklets, and bots. Leathan's integration here isn't at that stage yet, but that's what we're working towards. The core system is created already though and it will just be a matter of leathan integrating the correct protocols when ready.

As far as getting your marks back in your Bitmark wallet each marking integration functions as a microtrust provider. You deposit and withdraw small amounts of Bitmark(one mark is 0.001 BTM) when you want to use a particular marking integration. Some examples of marking integrations we have in testing now are: twitter, slack.com, irc, poloniex exchange, youtube, facebook, vimeo, soundcloud and more I'm probably forgetting. There's quite a few people working on their own integrations. The whole idea is intended to be a platform for people to create their own software to use and share with others who might want to integrate marking.

The reputation aspect of it can come from either total marks received(and given perhaps) or a specific reputation algorithm. Poloniex Exchange(https://poloniex.com/exchange) integrated marking as a reputation system for their users. They have their own algorithm that is used to analyse the marking data and they give a specific rep score to each user and have a leaderboard that ranks everyone who's been marked: https://poloniex.com/markingLedger.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: