Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:35:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ZOOZ] La’Zooz: Decentralized Collaborative Transportation Web  (Read 25234 times)
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:33:49 AM

Ok...
and no one can hack the device and fake location and 'movement', right  ?

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matan Field (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:34:29 PM

That's the challenge,  to proof that the data your'e sending is authentic cell phone data, with real GPS location and other info.

Generally we divide those heuristics into 3 classes: proof-of-(social)being , proof-of-location , proof-of-movement

Let me try elaborate here a bit about proof-of-socialbeing.

When downloading the application it goes over the clients' contact list phone numbers and match it with the phone numbers of other users.
If there's a match it checks also the other direction, and a full match between Alice and Bob means that both Alice has Bob's phone number in
her contact list, and Bob has Alice phone number in his contact list.

Having a link between Alice and Bob proves that, either:

1. Alice and Bob are social beings and know each other personally.
2. Alice or Bob is a bot, and the other is dishonest. 
3. Both Alice and Bob are bots.

But it CANNOT be that either Alice or Bob is a bot and the other one is innocent.

Having all this information brings about a GRAPH of all users, where link is made only between personally-knowing-people,
bot-bot, or bot-dishonest.   From here on it's pretty easy to analyse the connectivity properties of this graph, separating bots from human beings.

A bot cloud will be a cloud any number of nodes, and as many as possible links between bots in the cloud,  but with VERY LITTLE number of links between that cloud and the rest of the network (==> in fact, the number of links will be exactly the number of dishonest REAL cell phones, that have honest friends which have in their contact lists the numbers of the dishonest guys).  So a simple algorithm running on this graph immediately separates the bot clouds form the rest of the network.

That's just the first, simplest filter.  After that, data is being authenticated with respect to its location and movement signals.

erwin45

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:08:04 PM

That's the challenge,  to proof that the data your'e sending is authentic cell phone data, with real GPS location and other info.

Generally we divide those heuristics into 3 classes: proof-of-(social)being , proof-of-location , proof-of-movement

When downloading the application it goes over the clients' contact list phone numbers and match it with the phone numbers of other users.
If there's a match it checks also the other direction, and a full match between Alice and Bob means that both Alice has Bob's phone number in

But it CANNOT be that either Alice or Bob is a bot and the other one is innocent.

Having all this information brings about a GRAPH of all users, where link is made only between personally-knowing-people,
bot-bot, or bot-dishonest.   From here on it's pretty easy to analyse the connectivity properties of this graph, separating bots from human beings.

A bot cloud will be a cloud any number of nodes, and as many as possible links between bots in the cloud,  but with VERY LITTLE number of links between that cloud and the rest of the network (==> in fact, the number of links will be exactly the number of dishonest REAL cell phones, that have honest friends which have in their contact lists the numbers of the dishonest guys).  So a simple algorithm running on this graph immediately separates the bot clouds form the rest of the network.

That's just the first, simplest filter.  After that, data is being authenticated with respect to its location and movement signals.

proof of social being?this one must be a very good thing if you manage to do it

but proof of location eh?so if i go from my house to my college than back into my house thats mean i dont move at all?because i come back to the same location  Shocked

CoinBlab

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:17:00 PM

Cool concept. Please list your project on CoinBlab: http://coinblab.com/browse-pages
rhader

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:31:10 PM

This seems very interesting! I have a couple questions though.

1) If I run this android app as I drive to school/work/etc will I earn Zooz?

2) How secure is the data link? (ie can a snooper intercept my movement data, and if not how can I be sure)

3) If I mine zooz on my android app where will my coins go? I currently dont have a CP or MC wallet, would I have to create one?

4) When is the crowd sale? How can I potentially participate?

5) What incentive would people have to use zooz over say, uber, in cities that arnt hostile to services like uber?

6) How exactly does proof of location/ride/w/e it was work?

7) How secure would the network be if its being mined on android phones?

I look forward to the communities and project leaders answers Cheesy Cheesy
jghogjh

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 06:51:59 AM

keep watching
kiindje

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 12:16:46 PM

will there be an IOS app coming out as well?
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 04:24:10 PM

pre-ann yet i see the app already.

is it live or not finally?

Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 07:34:06 PM

Do I have to have my device running whilst I am travelling? Will it work if my device is sometimes at home, and at other times in my place-of-work?

wasref

Activity: 555

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:59:11 AM

is this a coin or a application
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 12:09:17 PM

is this a coin or a application

looks like a coin to me
thebtcthe

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:40:30 PM

Good luck!
Sounds like a great idea. Hope the implementation will also rock.
kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 01:10:46 AM

im a bit worried to show where im going and when to some app...

i like the idea but this is too scary for me to use.

xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:15:09 AM

Very interesting. Proof-of-Movement is very vulnerable point I guess. You should describe it more. How do you verify the 'movement data'?

The general idea is to collect from the client a set of environmental information and data (e.g WiFi,BT,CellId..etc)  which are related to its reported location.

Is this coin developed by NSA

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
Shay Zluf

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:52:06 PM

proof of social being?this one must be a very good thing if you manage to do it

but proof of location eh?so if i go from my house to my college than back into my house thats mean i dont move at all?because i come back to the same location  Shocked

If you go from your house to your collage then back it means you have traveled twice as much.
Proof of movement as we call it is based on proofs that are verifiable by other users that are traveling in the same area and sends their location data .
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:16:18 PM

so are you trying to make us geeks take hikes ?
hmmm !

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:22:24 PM

Is someone using the app? how many Km you need to gain 1 Token?

I know why your pray will never be answered!
Matan Field (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:03:07 PM

Ok...
and no one can hack the device and fake location and 'movement', right  ?

Of course one can try hacking the system and fake movement;  and just for that sake we develop our
"proof-of-movement" algorithms.  Really, this cocktail of algorithms (we call it a "spoof-proof cocktail") is made of
3 classes of algorithms:

1. Proof-of-social-being algorithms -- which only looks at the social network, the network or all users and the links between them,
to already filter out most faked users (bots), before even looking at their GPS data.
A link between 2 people can be defined in several ways, one of which is the mutual existence of their phone number in each other's phone contact list.
Such a link cannot be faked between a bot (with faked phone number) and a real person, unless of course this person cheat.  So the number of links
a cloud of bots may have with the whole system equals the number of collaboratively cheating people; which is dramatically smaller than the number of links a cloud of real persons would have to the whole system.  In that way, very simple algorithms will recognise clouds of bots.   
It's important to emphasize, though, that the point is that it's pretty easy to identify millions of bots, but it won't reach easily a single or a few bots. 
The point is that we are less concerned with someone making a couple of faked users, but we are very concerned (and protect against) someone faking thousands (or even hundreds) of faked riders.

2. Proof-of-location algorithms -- which basically cross refer real-time-loca data between different users, and between users and external data.
For example, we can ask the phone what is the temperature it sees.  If two people located at the same point report different answers, we may know one of them is cheating (meaning, it's a faked users).  We can ask ask the phone what wifi it sees around (for example, many buses have very strong wifis, visible for hundreds of meters), and again, if several users report a wifi they see, and then one user does not report about it we know he's a faked one.

3. Proof-of-movement algorithms -- analysing the signals of movement in a way that differentiate an authentic movement from an artificially created one. Of course, one can "record" his movement data, but then we'll see multiplication of such data all over the place (assuming it's used for many faked users), knowing its faked.

And then I should add that:

A. This is just a very brief flavour of it, we have plenty other heuristics.

B. We are in testing phase, still a stage of development, and most of the heuristics are still to be developed and coded. That's why we limit extensively the mining at this stage. 

C. Also at later stages, mining will be limited in a way that won't allow for a serious damage to the system even in the case of successful spoofing
 (but of course, we believe we'll have enough tools to avoid such spoofing whatsoever).

D.  We'll be conducting a Proof-of-Movement Hackathon in a few weeks,  where hackers from all over the world will be invited to:

1. either secure the network by writing more proof-of-movement algorithms.
    2. or, hack it.

Both successful contributions will be generously rewarded with Zooz tokens (and perhaps even BTC if funds will be available).

So it's a good opportunity to invite you all to participate in this event.

and most importantly...

E. This is just the place where we want to ask for the community feedback --   your ideas for more heuristics, comments about weaknesses, suggestions, etc.

This is a community project -- and we call the community to help in making it better.

Yours,

Matan Field

nrvkush

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:19:16 PM

I'll be following.
Good luck
Matan Field (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:48:22 PM

This seems very interesting! I have a couple questions though.

1) If I run this android app as I drive to school/work/etc will I earn Zooz?

2) How secure is the data link? (ie can a snooper intercept my movement data, and if not how can I be sure)

3) If I mine zooz on my android app where will my coins go? I currently dont have a CP or MC wallet, would I have to create one?

4) When is the crowd sale? How can I potentially participate?

5) What incentive would people have to use zooz over say, uber, in cities that arnt hostile to services like uber?

6) How exactly does proof of location/ride/w/e it was work?

7) How secure would the network be if its being mined on android phones?

I look forward to the communities and project leaders answers Cheesy Cheesy

1. Exactly, as long as you keep the app in the background and move (above 20km/h) you will earn Potential Zooz tokens for your movement.
Potential Zooz tokens could be used to purchase services on the collaborative transportation network once established (for example, pay for
the participance in cost of ride for real-time ridesharing), and will be transformed to "real" Zooz tokens during the use of the established network.
The only practical difference between the Potential and Real Zooz tokens is that, real Zooz tokens would be tradable whereas Potential Zooz
tokens would be un-tradable.   The main reason for distributing Potential Zooz tokens for early riders (which are "La'Zooz early miners")
is to insure that those users who help in building the collaborative network as its potential users, will indeed use it once it's established.

2. Your data is pretty secure...   Our code and architecture are going through a professional security audit during these days, and indeed soon as we finish
the audit and fix all of its outputs, we'll release the code to be open source.  We are taking privacy and security very seriously.

3. Right now, during testing phase, those Potential Zooz tokens are sitting on our servers.  Soon, all potential Zooz accounts information will be hashed into the blockchain, to be publicly available. But they will still be un-tradable, meaning they won't be smart assets on Mastercoin or Counterparty.  Real Zooz tokens, whether purchased, distributed for contribution or being transformed from Potential Zooz tokens (once the critical mass of users is established and you'll be using the system) will be crypto assets registered on the Mastercoin or Counterparty protocol (and you could choose). The app will automatically generate public-private keys for that -- the private key will be stored on your phone only and will never reach our server -- and you'll then gain access to it. You will see your balance on the app, but to actually access the tokens you'll need to open your MSC/CP account.  At later stages, we may have those wallets available on the app itself and on our website.  (just to emphasize,  in order to receive any MSC/CP 2.0 smart property, one only needs to have a standard BTC address. Only to manipulate his obtained assets he needs to have a MSC/CP wallet.)

4. The crowd sale is expected to be opened in several weeks. We mostly wait for the establishment of our legal entity/structure.  This procedure, carried out at the highest quality, takes some time as well as quite a lot of funds (which by themselves needs to be raised; as you see, it's a bit of a chicken-and-egg problem). Once having information about the final date we'll update everyone through all social-media channels (including here), as well as on our website, where you can also enter and leave your details to receive a personal notification.   Till then, you're most welcome to have a direct contact with us at:  info@lazooz.org  , and contribute to the project in many ways.  It's a decentralized community project, people are joining all the time and any contribution is most welcome.

5. Well, Uber is charging riders rates which are pretty close to taxi rates (about 20% less).  We are talking about establishing a true ride-SHARING, where people can share the ride THEY MAKE ANYWAY with others,  and in reward receive their PARTICIPANT IN THE DRIVE COSTS. This service is still unavailable anywhere. Secondly, Uber, as a centralized company, will never have its interests aligned with the interests of its users.  On the contrary, as a decentralized organisation/project/application, in La'Zooz the organisation's interests will simply be chosen by its all users and members (in an algorithmic way which is still under development). Finally, La'Zooz offers a much wider scope than Uber does, visioning an integration of all smart transportation solution into one platform, enabling a social network of people in the real (non-virtual) world, matching riders and drivers that are alike (so that they'll enjoy the ride), and much more. To emphasize, as an open-source project, La'Zooz will also have open APIs that will allow any 3rd party transportation app to easily integrate into the platform and offer its service for users who'd ask for it.

6. Please see in this thread above, I've written a somewhat detailed answer. A more thorough explanation will be published in the near future.

7. Again, the network is expected to be secured enough.  We are under auditing and will keep improve on that front continuously.

Thanks for your interest!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: