Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:34:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I start to provide liquidity by myself?  (Read 1496 times)
wangxinxi (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

Founder & CEO of Coinut.com, Litecoin Core Dev

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 05:25:12 AM

As there is no liquidity provider, should I provide liquidity by myself in my exchange platform https://coinut.com?
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:00:07 AM

As there is no liquidity provider, should I provide liquidity by myself in my exchange platform https://coinut.com?

Yes. Create a market making bot which takes a price feed from a more liquid exchange for the market you're tracking and then post a ladder of orders for each side of the book.
klesh

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:40:05 PM

or you can run some signature compaign to get new customers and if you allow alts also then try adding new launched coins
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 05:48:32 PM

it's possible to create a bot, but then I need to participate in the trading, which may compromise the fairness of the market. Also, my site is a Bitcoin options exchange, there is no other liquidity source. So I am in a cold-start stage.
monsterer
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:38:42 PM

it's possible to create a bot, but then I need to participate in the trading, which may compromise the fairness of the market.

Then you cannot provide the liquidity yourself. Whether you use a bot or not is unrelated to this issue.
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 01:57:46 PM

it's possible to create a bot, but then I need to participate in the trading, which may compromise the fairness of the market.

Then you cannot provide the liquidity yourself. Whether you use a bot or not is unrelated to this issue.

Right, but it is difficult to bootstrap the liquidity. When there is no liquidity, users won't come, and when users don't come, there won't be any liquidity. Do you have any suggestions on this?
monsterer
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:55:03 PM

Right, but it is difficult to bootstrap the liquidity. When there is no liquidity, users won't come, and when users don't come, there won't be any liquidity. Do you have any suggestions on this?

They only way is to provide your own liquidity, or get someone else to do the same thing on your behalf.
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 03:06:35 AM

They only way is to provide your own liquidity, or get someone else to do the same thing on your behalf.

It seems that I can only find another person to do so.
Bitbird

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 05:39:14 PM

I'm always interesting in become a liquidity provider. But the questions is how could I raised fund? As the risks of trading and market making must be dispersed to as many exchanges as possible, so we'll need considerable money for the operation. Putting all money into just one exchange would be quite risk.

peter0021

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 01:03:03 AM

I suggest you find ways to attract new investment through BTT or your local community. You need to do some jobs, such as business plan, and financial statement showing how profitability your business.
Bitbird

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 02:55:59 PM

I suggest you find ways to attract new investment through BTT or your local community. You need to do some jobs, such as business plan, and financial statement showing how profitability your business.

Could be a good idea! But I'm not really good at these paper works, maybe I should hire someone who can working on them. Also since we can't warranty the profitability, if there're any financial statement they should be only for reference. I'm quite reluctant to do this type of forecast.

Malissa

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 04:30:50 PM

Could be a good idea! But I'm not really good at these paper works, maybe I should hire someone who can working on them. Also since we can't warranty the profitability, if there're any financial statement they should be only for reference. I'm quite reluctant to do this type of forecast.

that is at least risky. trading is always risky, it doesn't matter if it for bitcoin or something else.

moko666

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

BlasterKVs the king of xbox modding

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 04:46:14 PM

you can use liquidity of other exchanges and use the bots to provide that to your exchange, when user see liquidity then they will do trading, no one trade in a market without liquidity.
Bitbird

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 11:41:03 AM

If there're needs in liquidity rerouting service I think I'll start a discussion for it. I‘m working with a small team with strong trading system design background and some basic infrastructure was already there. But still need many works for liquidity rerouting if we choose to do so. My best estimate timetable for alpha version online would be within 60 days after further funding been raised.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: