Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:19:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] New AML Policy for all Dwolla users.  (Read 13354 times)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 10:25:44 AM

This was an attempt to make a deposit BTW, into Mt. Gox to purchase additional coins to supplement my small mining farm. I sent them $100 via Dwolla. Because they did NOT PROPERLY NOTIFY ME of the new changes, they have kept the $100 payment in limbo until I send them a picture of my penis and whatever other invasive bullshit they're demanding.

Essentially THEY HAVE STOLEN $100. Because it was Dwolla Instant Payment, which I qualified for due to good credit score, and Dwolla refuse to dispute the transaction because it is for "virtual currency", I told my bank to block any attempts of Dwolla to withdrawal from my account, and essentially told Dwolla if they want paid they need to reverse from Mt. Gox, because I will not be screwed out of my hard earned money.

So I did not actually lose any money but I can't use Mt Gox or Dwolla any more Sad

Dwolla reverses instant payments all the time.  If I was going to accept Dwolla instant payments from a customer, I'd want to know more about them too before I allowed them to trade.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 10:58:35 AM

This was an attempt to make a deposit BTW, into Mt. Gox to purchase additional coins to supplement my small mining farm. I sent them $100 via Dwolla. Because they did NOT PROPERLY NOTIFY ME of the new changes, they have kept the $100 payment in limbo until I send them a picture of my penis and whatever other invasive bullshit they're demanding.

Essentially THEY HAVE STOLEN $100. Because it was Dwolla Instant Payment, which I qualified for due to good credit score, and Dwolla refuse to dispute the transaction because it is for "virtual currency", I told my bank to block any attempts of Dwolla to withdrawal from my account, and essentially told Dwolla if they want paid they need to reverse from Mt. Gox, because I will not be screwed out of my hard earned money.

So I did not actually lose any money but I can't use Mt Gox or Dwolla any more Sad

Show them the middle finger. If you do business seriously and without scamming you should be able to buy all your Bitcoins privately here on the forum without huge markups.
I never bought Bitcoins on an exchange and never paid more than current market value when buying in the forum.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 12:00:23 PM

Show them the middle finger. If you do business seriously and without scamming you should be able to buy all your Bitcoins privately here on the forum without huge markups.
I never bought Bitcoins on an exchange and never paid more than current market value when buying in the forum.

Honestly, more people need to explore this option.  AML/CFT/KYC requirements are only going to get tougher and bring more services under their regulations (even non-financial service providers such as jewellers have been added to the list here). 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
sharky112065

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 10:56:47 PM

Effective from Friday 25th of May, any user using Dwolla via Mt.Gox will be required to own a Verified account.

That part was a little confusing the first time I read it.  You mean a Mt. Gox Verified account (versus doing verifications on Dwolla).

Sorry for the confusion.  If you already have a verified account, you will not have to submit AML documents for verification to use Dwolla anymore.  Only accounts without a "Verified" or "Trusted" statuses will be required to become verified should they still wish to use Dwolla.  If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact the Mt.Gox Support at https://support.mtgox.com/home

You failed to mention that even if you already have a verified account, you will still not be able to withdraw funds through Dwolla until Mt. Gox finally gets around to validating your withdrawal method.

I have a verified account, but am waiting for the Dwolla withdrawal method validation.

I'm stuck in Mt. Gox weekend hell. Waiting and waiting and waiting...

Donations welcome: 12KaKtrK52iQjPdtsJq7fJ7smC32tXWbWr
mrich8

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 08:46:29 AM

Victory!

Maybe because of this post, or maybe because of all the sexually laden expletive replies I've made to their copy and paste replies to my tickets, $100 USD showed up on my account today. This was immediately converted to BTC and withdrawn.

The block on Dwolla ACH transfers has been removed and they will be paid as per terms but I'll be leaving the instant program.

Further trades will be conducted here as I have yet to have a problem. However I now have too much BTC for the purchased I wanted to make so I won't be trading for a while.
Mt.Gox_Natalie

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 04:34:57 AM

Victory!

Maybe because of this post, or maybe because of all the sexually laden expletive replies I've made to their copy and paste replies to my tickets, $100 USD showed up on my account today. This was immediately converted to BTC and withdrawn.

The block on Dwolla ACH transfers has been removed and they will be paid as per terms but I'll be leaving the instant program.

Further trades will be conducted here as I have yet to have a problem. However I now have too much BTC for the purchased I wanted to make so I won't be trading for a while.

Hello,

We are happy to hear that things have worked out for you.  Please be advised that your Mt.Gox account will have to be verified should you wish to use Dwolla for transfers including withdrawals in the future.  Thank you for your kind understanding in this matter.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: