Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:18:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Moolah is filing for bankruptcy.  (Read 4551 times)
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:44:44 AM

Yeah MintPal used to be pretty big?  Wasn't it the #1 exchange for Doge?

The irony, from the place we least expected it, seems like the more reputable exchanges are in China.  Seems like all the exchanges based out of America, Britain and Japan are getting busted as scams (to be fair, the one in Japan was ran by a fat French guy and not a Japanese guy bounded by the Bushido code of honor  Tongue )

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:58:50 AM

What I think happened.

1. Moolah was not making ends meet.
2. Seeing Mintpal having issues Alex Green hatched a plan and approached Mintpal offering a deal, which he thought could save Moolah.
3. Moolah never bought Mintpal, as Moolah didn't have any money.
4. Mintpal volumes were very slow returning to previous levels, and Alex saw the writing on the wall and put Moolah into receivership.
5. The story about "critical" issues and "bugs" at Mintpal may or may not be true, but they definitely need someone to manage the exchange
6. The coins are still "there."

It's more unlikely Alex is lying now as he will be opening himself up to criminal charges if he does now that Moolah is in receivership. Whilst big noting himself previously by talking of an "aquisition" of Mintpal is no crime.
vsmamm

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:19:05 AM

mintpal is a shit exchange.

ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:23:14 AM

Havent traded at Minpal at all, but its sad for people who had coins on there :/

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:30:41 AM

Mtgoxxed. We need regulations to hold these guys responsible for their failures.

Blame yourself for not keeping your funds at your own wallet and your own computer if you lost any. Centralized exchanges and services have to go.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:51:18 AM

mintpal is a shit exchange.
Every alt coin exchange is shit. They have all been built from the ground up relatively recently.
Mintpal has a lot of value still, to the right group.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:55:27 AM

Mtgoxxed. We need regulations to hold these guys responsible for their failures.

Blame yourself for not keeping your funds at your own wallet and your own computer if you lost any.
Correct
Centralized exchanges and services have to go.
Whilst I'ma big fan of decentralisation, there are advantages of having a meeting place too.
Do you know of any decentralised alternatives to exchanges? I know there are some ideas but I'm a bit hazy on how they work, Do you know?
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 09:10:42 AM

Blame yourself for not keeping your funds at your own wallet and your own computer if you lost any. Centralized exchanges and services have to go.

I agree with the first part, but not the latter

devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 09:12:13 AM

]Whilst I'ma big fan of decentralisation, there are advantages of having a meeting place too.
Do you know of any decentralised alternatives to exchanges? I know there are some ideas but I'm a bit hazy on how they work, Do you know?

Unfortunately, there are no 100% decentralized currency-to-currency exchanges yet. Multigateway.org is semi-decentralized. NXT Asset Exchange (and its web frontend https://trade.secureae.com) is decentralized, but it's for trading assets mostly, although there are a few cryptos trading on it too. I believe they are working on the cross-chain decentralized trading solution right now. Well, my point was mostly not to store funds at centralized exchanges or any place where you need to trust third party.
Fidel Crypto

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 09:21:09 AM

it is unbelievable that people are still interested in acquiring Mintpal.

this time by a pump and dumper. it can be more ridiculous.
http://allaltnews.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/mintpal-ceo-of-coyote-wallstreet-to.html?m=1
sdersdf3

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 09:35:20 AM

Yeah MintPal used to be pretty big?  Wasn't it the #1 exchange for Doge?

The irony, from the place we least expected it, seems like the more reputable exchanges are in China.  Seems like all the exchanges based out of America, Britain and Japan are getting busted as scams (to be fair, the one in Japan was ran by a fat French guy and not a Japanese guy bounded by the Bushido code of honor  Tongue )

That's a very interesting point, if true, but wasn't there some big HK-based exchange that also went bust? Maybe there are others just not as widely reported in the West.
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 09:42:06 AM

I guess now that they say they didn't buy Mintpal... and here they do

http://blog.moolah.io/2014/07/28/were-taking-over-mintpal-heres-what-you-need-to-know/

"As a result of this acquisition, we are intending to separate https://trade.moolah.io/ and https://mintpal.com/ as follows."

it can be safely assumed that nothing that Alex guy ever says can be taken as truth.

I wonder though, if they didn't buy mintpal then who the hell does own it and why was this just an elaborate ruse to make people think moolah owned it? hmmmm...

Moolah's CEO, Alex Green, and 2 other anonymous individuals bought Mintpal and contracted Moolah out to operate the exchange.

Moolah was essentially a ponzi. He took in 750+BTC from investors to start Moolah, then eventually bought Mintpal (with investors' money?) for himself instead of developing the Moolah products and services and contracted Moolah to operate Mintpal.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
Fidel Crypto

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 09:45:00 AM

Yeah MintPal used to be pretty big?  Wasn't it the #1 exchange for Doge?

The irony, from the place we least expected it, seems like the more reputable exchanges are in China.  Seems like all the exchanges based out of America, Britain and Japan are getting busted as scams (to be fair, the one in Japan was ran by a fat French guy and not a Japanese guy bounded by the Bushido code of honor  Tongue )

That's a very interesting point, if true, but wasn't there some big HK-based exchange that also went bust? Maybe there are others just not as widely reported in the West.

bitfinex has a history if i'm not mistaken
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 09:46:24 AM

Use Cryptsy
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 09:51:57 AM

$45,000 in wages and $22,000 in overheads per month.

I hope the uk government goes over them with a fine tooth comb and at minimum ban these guys from operating a business for 10 years minimum
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:32:11 AM

Where do these figures come from?
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:32:57 AM

Moolah's CEO, Alex Green, and 2 other anonymous individuals bought Mintpal and contracted Moolah out to operate the exchange.

Moolah was essentially a ponzi. He took in 750+BTC from investors to start Moolah, then eventually bought Mintpal (with investors' money?) for himself instead of developing the Moolah products and services and contracted Moolah to operate Mintpal.
Thanks..Where did you get this information?
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:37:36 AM

if this ends as bad as I think I would give 35% of my holdings on mintpal for legal actions.

cryptocurrencies simply do not vanish they have to be at another place

mintpal worked great for a long period of time having around 500-1000 btc revenue - they simply cannot have burned it all
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:42:10 AM

another gox, how can one trust these exchanges? trade and withdraw is the the best thing these days.
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:26:28 AM

I hope the uk government goes over them with a fine tooth comb and at minimum ban these guys from operating a business for 10 years minimum

From the coin desk article
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: