Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:44:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Moolah is filing for bankruptcy.  (Read 4551 times)
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:01:07 PM

That liveleak video speaks volumes.

Oh, and by the way people were duplicating currency, dumping it, and cashing out BTC from mintpal"v2" last week and moolah has their head so far up their own ass that they dismissed the reports as FUD and continued to let it run completely broken. Then surprise, surprise they don't have any money left.
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:05:36 PM

$45,000 in wages and $22,000 in overheads per month.

I hope the uk government goes over them with a fine tooth comb and at minimum ban these guys from operating a business for 10 years minimum

Maybe if they had reduced staff / wages and overheads a bit they could have survived.

Seriously once an exchange is fully tested and running, how many people need to be working on it full time aside from some support staff?? $45000 in wages per month seems like a lot to me.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:57:30 PM

I hope the uk government goes over them with a fine tooth comb and at minimum ban these guys from operating a business for 10 years minimum

Maybe if they had reduced staff / wages and overheads a bit they could have survived.

Seriously once an exchange is fully tested and running, how many people need to be working on it full time aside from some support staff?? $45000 in wages per month seems like a lot to me.

Maybe they had nice salaries.
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:34:38 PM

Yes and I suggest you all write to the uk government requesting a full enquiry. I would also like to know the legalities of announcing bankruptcy before filing it.
Coingrab

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Got to get them all!

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:17:37 PM

It was Moolah's mismanagement and bankruptcy that is fucking Mintpal. Mintpal needs a new owner/manager. Moolah's guys need jail time.

Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:17:49 PM

Yes and I suggest you all write to the uk government requesting a full enquiry. I would also like to know the legalities of announcing bankruptcy before filing it.

They were incorporated in the US, right? Also, was there any confirmation that 'Alex' was his real name?
shogun47

Activity: 1764
Merit: 554

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:19:16 PM

Moolah fucked everyone over bad.  Undecided

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:21:39 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2014, 05:38:23 PM by EvilDave

ffs...and an eyeball roll.

The bastards have only been back up for 20 minutes and now they´re frigging bankrupt ?
I haven´t even had time to check if my balances are back after the first time they went down.....

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
mnl92

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:36:48 PM

The Mintpal site is now displaying the message below, so you might still have a chance to withdraw your coins, though I would not count on it judging by their recent track record.

MintPal is currently down for a number of necessary changes and fixes. A separate method of withdrawing funds will be made available on October 16th, 2014.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:24:43 PM

Oh, and by the way people were duplicating currency, dumping it, and cashing out BTC from mintpal"v2" last week and moolah has their head so far up their own ass that they dismissed the reports as FUD and continued to let it run completely broken. Then surprise, surprise they don't have any money left.
Where was this reported?
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:27:45 PM

The Mintpal site is now displaying the message below, so you might still have a chance to withdraw your coins, though I would not count on it judging by their recent track record.

MintPal is currently down for a number of necessary changes and fixes. A separate method of withdrawing funds will be made available on October 16th, 2014.
Well that sounds a little hopeful. I'd expect something different if there was no hope.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:29:44 PM

Where was this reported?

First report I saw was in a couple of pastebins being posted on Poloniex's troll box. Since then I remember hearing some other reports of people having their balance not updated after withdrawing and such. But the pastebin itself actually had links to screenshots and proof. Wish I had saved the links. I'll go poking around to see if I can find them and post them here.

edit: found the pastebin! http://pastebin.com/bjbbUq9i notice this is Oct 8th!

People were dismissing the reports as FUD here too, or no? I haven't been keeping up with all the threads here.

edit2: https://twitter.com/moolah_io/status/520251319064354816

I can't believe they kept the exchange up the whole time. Amazing.
12345mm

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 08:16:08 AM

As of posting this , I had a remaining balance of 1.98884393 BTC and 0.00126634 EMC2 and
0.00049135 FLT and 400.94980569 NAUT with mintpal ..... I submitted withdraw addresses , and submitted the
following user notes on their "Mintpal Standalone Withdrawal Tool" page:

"Thanks for the trading ... Sorry this what
I thought was a great website trading platform is going away ... Please
send all my remaining coin for my account balances for
carlinbeisner@hotmail.com to the addresses provided - 1.98884393 BTC to
16dCHmoq3kGhBw7RySYSsT92jWbwdquezz AND 400.94980569 NAUT to
NdM4zWg2M9STSuhwZB9ndKsLE2weGFCSAE - the fractional EMC2 and FLT are
irrelevant but I've provided withdraw addresses anyway. Please contact
me at carlinbeisner@hotmail.com if you need any additional information
from me. Thanks. "

I have also emailed the support dept
of moolah describing my issue in detail. So far , no BTC and no NAUT
have been returned to the addresses I have provided. Not exactly sure
what my or everyone's recourse is at this point? To whom/what agency
should I file paperwork with (in U.S.) to attempt to recover my funds in
the event that I and others are never returned their missing funds they
have requested a withdraw of from mintpal?

Coinbase Is THE Place to Buy Your Bitcoins! https://coinbase.com/?r=528a0de17f383142df00040c&utm_campaign=user-referral&src=referral-link Sign Up For Cryptsy! Trade Alts! https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=15696
BTC:   1Mrr2cPbZc4nmV236AS31vdCP24J9TbJpo   LTC:   LV5UoExrVxU3ddrCKCMZ2Wx5odbkUf7JhT
I Like Free Magic Internet Money! Smiley My Cryptsy Trade Key: ad89bb4885a1f92eb7efd5db30412676673ded0e
12345mm

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 08:36:10 AM

OK ... a little poking around and I find http://www.actionfraud.police.uk is apparently? the correct resource for people to report online fraud in the UK (where moolah and mintpal were located / registered ?) yes ?

Coinbase Is THE Place to Buy Your Bitcoins! https://coinbase.com/?r=528a0de17f383142df00040c&utm_campaign=user-referral&src=referral-link Sign Up For Cryptsy! Trade Alts! https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=15696
BTC:   1Mrr2cPbZc4nmV236AS31vdCP24J9TbJpo   LTC:   LV5UoExrVxU3ddrCKCMZ2Wx5odbkUf7JhT
I Like Free Magic Internet Money! Smiley My Cryptsy Trade Key: ad89bb4885a1f92eb7efd5db30412676673ded0e
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: