Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:32:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining with the GTX 980 x11 or Scrypt  (Read 5675 times)
chnchapters (OP)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:37:20 AM

I have the latest Nvidia GTX 980, and have been trying to find some decent info online about mining with it.
I have seen a couple of web sites with bench marks for over 7mh/s on x11 and decent numbers in scrypt.

However I can not get anywhere near those numbers, even with a heafty over clock.

Does anyone hear mine with the Maxwell GTX 980? What mining software and version are you using? What config/bat settings are you running? What are your hashrates?

I know some people out there have to be trying out these new cards, and with better results than I have found so far...
Let's get a thread going where people can reference what miner software to use, and what general settings they should run in their .bat files.
MelodyRowell

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:40:23 AM

I have the latest Nvidia GTX 980, and have been trying to find some decent info online about mining with it.
I have seen a couple of web sites with bench marks for over 7mh/s on x11 and decent numbers in scrypt.

However I can not get anywhere near those numbers, even with a heafty over clock.

Does anyone hear mine with the Maxwell GTX 980? What mining software and version are you using? What config/bat settings are you running? What are your hashrates?

I know some people out there have to be trying out these new cards, and with better results than I have found so far...
Let's get a thread going where people can reference what miner software to use, and what general settings they should run in their .bat files.

How much hashrate are you getting for x11 currently? GTX 980 is too new Smiley
chnchapters (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 04:58:11 AM

AT first, with CC miner, I was getting 5.5mh/s constant under not very high temps, like 50 C.
Now for some reason (a driver update, a different miner, wrong config settings, etc) I am only getting 2.0mh/s x11 constant...

Scrypt I can only acheive 200 - 500 khs, and never stable. Need to figure out this config as well...
chnchapters (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:22:01 AM

Has anyone else had any expierance mining with the GTX 980 or the GTX 970?
I know they are sold out most places, I was able to get one the second it was released...

Still can't figure out the issue I am having where I was mining over 5mh/s on x11, and now with the same card, same miner software, only getting about 1.2mh/s x11...

The card never overheated, I've been monitoring, they run very cool.

I may try re installing the drivers, although it still games fine.
sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:46:53 AM

Did you try a reboot?

Make sure that you are running the latest driver.

Download

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

And print out the stats. Wich ccminer are you running.?

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:46:58 AM

Has anyone else had any expierance mining with the GTX 980 or the GTX 970?
I know they are sold out most places, I was able to get one the second it was released...

Still can't figure out the issue I am having where I was mining over 5mh/s on x11, and now with the same card, same miner software, only getting about 1.2mh/s x11...

The card never overheated, I've been monitoring, they run very cool.

I may try re installing the drivers, although it still games fine.

This might help

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=824764.0
BitcoinHeroes

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:28:32 PM

Which GTX980 brand did you purchase?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: